Chapters 1 | Chapter 2
• Sai waits for her tutor/boyfriend.
• Sai serves tea to the judge.
• Young Nepalese men appear and demand any weapons they have.
• The boys steal their food and liquor and force Sai and the judge to call themselves fools.
• The cook is sent to the police, who blame him for the robbery.
• The police search the house and read the cook's letters from his son.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• In America, Biju has a job selling hot dogs.
• His co-workers sexually harass the young female customers.
• He refuses to let his co-workers take him to a prostitute.
• He is relieved when he is fired because he has no green card.
• In India, Sai is embarrassed for the cook when the police read his letters.
• Although Sai and the cook have a good relationship, Sai feels it is fake because of their class differences.
• Sai denounces the way the...
This section contains 1,889 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)