|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erwin Schrodinger used the concept of entropy to describe what group?
(c) Living organisms.
(d) Plant life.
2. How does heat travel?
(a) Heat can travel from a hot thing to a hotter thing.
(b) Heat can travel from a hot thing to a cold thing.
(c) Heat can travel from a hot thing to a warm thing.
(d) Heat can travel from a cold thing to a hot thing.
3. According to Psychologist George Miller, what type of process takes place in the mind relative to the information it receives?
(a) The ranking of important to less important information.
(b) The selection of relevant information.
(c) The rejection of too much information.
(d) The simplification of information.
4. What is the most probable state for an arrangement of molecules in a system?
(a) Constantly and randomly movement.
(b) In a jumble.
(c) In an organized line.
(d) In an arc.
5. What did Chaitin mean by a "computable" number?
(a) A number that could be expressed in a simpler form.
(b) A number that could be expressed in its square root value.
(c) A number that can be calculated.
(d) A number that is not a variable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the belief in God an enduring one?
2. What word book by Robert Cawdrey was published first in 1604?
3. How can memes be altered?
4. What was the small device intended to replace bulky vacuum tubes perfected by Bell Laboratories called?
5. What is an algorithm?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)