|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Memes are messages that are independent of what other element?
(a) Of outside influence.
(b) Of contradicting information.
(c) Of the people who propagate them.
(d) Of new messages.
2. Schrodinger and others theorized that genes had what role in life?
(a) They are a kind of code for constructing an organism.
(b) They are a kind of code for constructing an human cells.
(c) They are a kind of code for identifying an organism.
(d) They are a kind of marker for cell multification.
3. What did the study of thermodynamics not state about the movement of energy?
(a) That it traveled in one direction.
(b) That it was dynamic.
(c) That it traveled in random directions with no pattern.
(d) That it traveled in many directions.
4. What two disciplines of science were forced together by DNA?
(a) Biology and physics.
(b) Medical research and genetics.
(c) Molecular and evolutionary biologies.
(d) Cellular and anatomical biologies.
5. What was the Morse code comprised of?
(b) Short pulses, called dots, and long pulses, called dashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Norbert Weiner developed a theory that had implications for the understanding of what system of the human body which might be thought of as a system of switches and signals.
2. Chaotic looking numbers may have simplistic algorithms but why are many difficult to determine?
3. Who invented the telegraph?
4. Claude Shannon and Alan Turing were working on separate cryptography project and shared what astounding possibility?
5. In his graduate paper, to what did Claude Shannon apply the binary logic of George Boole?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)