|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in what year did John Carrington, an English missionary, publish "The Talking Drums of Africa"?
2. What does the word "cybernetics" mean?
(a) The study of the relationship between man and machine.
(b) The same as computer science.
(c) The study of robotics.
(d) The study of Internet crime.
3. How did the telegraph advance weather forecasting?
(a) Weather reports could be sent all over the world.
(b) Weather disruptions could be detected when sending messages.
(c) Larger patterns of weather could be learned.
(d) Lightning in the air could be detected by the operation of the telegraph.
4. Each square of Turing's imaginary machine would have what coding?
(b) Relay switches.
(d) A 0 or a 1.
5. How many words were contained in "A Table Alphabeticall?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How was "A Table Alphabeticall" intended to help people?
2. The elements of DNA come in predictable proportions of what shape?
3. What was the Morse code comprised of?
4. What was used in the earliest known method of writing language?
5. Where is DNA found?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)