|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invented the telegraph?
(a) Alexander Graham Bell.
(b) Samuel Morse.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Albert Einstein.
2. While working on plans for this "analytical engine," Babbage struck an acquaintance with what individual?
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) John Simpson.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Ada Lovelace.
3. What culture was the first to use a written language?
4. There was no "looking up" of information prior to what invention?
(a) Pen and ink.
(b) Printing machines.
(c) Publishing houses.
5. Who developed a system of logic that would not have been possible without writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was provided in "A Table Alphabeticall"?
2. How many years ago was the first language established?
3. What type of lists did Babbage create about livestock, fabric, letter combinations in various languages and other facts?
4. Who first thought of constructing a machine that could calculate logarithms?
5. What word book by Robert Cawdrey was published first in 1604?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)