|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of lists did Babbage create about livestock, fabric, letter combinations in various languages and other facts?
2. How were telegraph messages priced?
(a) By the number of words.
(b) By the destination of the message.
(c) By the language the message was sent in.
(d) By the volume of messages.
3. What were the benefits of the early logarithm tables?
(a) Eliminated calculations.
(b) Provided solutions.
(c) Made work easier.
(d) Cut down on errors and allowed for quicker calculations.
4. How many words were contained in "A Table Alphabeticall?"
5. What theory was not only useful in practical communications, but had applications in psychology, biology, and physics?
(a) The Quantum theory.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) The information theory.
(d) The M-Theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the system of dots and dashes used to communicate telegrams called?
2. What did the written language provide that helped to progress the intellect of mankind?
3. In what field was Charles Babbage an early pioneer?
4. What was difficult for people to accept about telegraph communications?
5. How was "A Table Alphabeticall" intended to help people?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)