|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erwin Schrodinger used the concept of entropy to describe what group?
(a) Plant life.
(c) Living organisms.
2. What development was the last stage of writing?
(a) The alphabet.
(c) The numeric system.
3. Who developed a system of logic that would not have been possible without writing?
4. What caused the errors that were contained in the tables of logarithms that had to be calculated themselves?
(a) Under-educated workers.
(b) Printing errors.
(d) Calculations and printing errors.
5. Each square of Turing's imaginary machine would have what coding?
(b) Relay switches.
(c) A 0 or a 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Morse code comprised of?
2. The early telegraph had trouble functioning under what conditions?
3. The telegraph invented by Samuel Morse and Alfred Vail was based on what function?
4. What is the most probable state for an arrangement of molecules in a system?
5. Who first thought of constructing a machine that could calculate logarithms?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)