|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Morse code comprised of?
(a) Short pulses, called dots, and long pulses, called dashes.
2. The invention of what technology would make Shannon's theory of a computing machine practical?
3. What machine was constructed by Charles Babbage?
(a) The calculator.
(b) The computer.
(c) The difference engine.
(d) The difference analyzer.
4. What does a closed system made up of a hot part and a cold part attain as the heat passes from the hot part to the cold part?
(a) 32 degrees F.
(c) Controlled environment.
5. What was the Morse code based on?
(a) The alphabet.
(c) Dots and dashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were telegraph messages priced?
2. How does heat travel?
3. What was used in the earliest known method of writing language?
4. A new interest in what pursuit arose following the rise of the telegraph?
5. What jobs were created to handle the increasing number of telephone calls?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)