|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What society created the first numeric tables?
2. The telegraph invented by Samuel Morse and Alfred Vail was based on what function?
(a) The Morse Code.
(b) Capturing electrical impulses.
(c) Opening and closing the electric circuit.
3. What culture was the first to use a written language?
4. Entropy is the physical equivalent of what state?
5. What type of lists did Babbage create about livestock, fabric, letter combinations in various languages and other facts?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were telegraph messages priced?
2. What jobs were created to handle the increasing number of telephone calls?
3. Who first thought of constructing a machine that could calculate logarithms?
4. Shannon used the term entropy to have what meaning in reference to a message?
5. What uses one symbol to represent one "minimal sound"?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)