|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of memory is most limited?
(a) Childhood memory.
(b) Short term memory.
(c) Repressed memory.
(d) Long term memory.
2. Why did Lovelace publish her mathematical arguments anonymously?
(a) Women were not expected to engage in scientific or academic efforts.
(b) She wasn't sure her arguments were correct.
(c) She didn't want to embarrass her father.
(d) She didn't want to appear more intelligent than Babbage.
3. What did Chaitin propose using to express a computable number into another form?
(a) By using advanced calculus.
(b) By using complex calculations.
(c) By using algebra,
(d) By using the Turing machine.
4. What claim did Shannon make about the predictable redundancy of the English language?
(a) This this feature could not be computed.
(b) That this feature could cause errors.
(c) That this feature could be computed.
(d) That this feature could cause programming to be very difficult.
5. What process can measure the limits of the human mind?
(a) Knowledge management.
(b) Psychoanalytical evaluation.
(c) Information theory.
(d) Information technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Psychologist George Miller, what type of process takes place in the mind relative to the information it receives?
2. Who devised a way to multiply and divide numbers by adding or subtracting their logarithms?
3. A psychologist named George Miller noticed that people seem to be able to easily remember up to how many items at a time?
4. What were the benefits of the early logarithm tables?
5. What does the size of the algorithm indicate about the number?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)