|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Minister develop that tests items to assign a reality to them?
(a) A dream-meter.
(b) A computer program.
(c) A headset.
(d) A serum.
2. What occurs on a daily basis in Desiderio's city?
(a) Balloon launches.
(c) Rochet launches.
3. Who does the Minister hire to make sense of the chaos in Chapter 1, The City Under Siege?
(a) Private detectives.
(c) Investment bankers.
4. Who is the object of the protagonist's desires in The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman?
5. How did the Indians who took in Desiderio move commerce?
(a) In planes.
(b) By train.
(c) On the river.
(d) In buses.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Professor tells Desiderio in Chapter 4, The Acrobats of Desire that the peep show objects were created by whom?
2. Who pursues Desiderio in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
3. What did the customers before Desiderio pay with to enter the peep show in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
4. Who is offered in marriage to Desiderio in Chapter 3, The River People?
5. What does Desiderio see inside the peep show in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Desiderio describe the effects of Dr. Hoffman's machines in Chapter 1, The City Under Siege?
2. Where does Desiderio go after talking with the Professor in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight? Why? Where does he stay?
3. How are the Acrobats of Desire described? What is their act like?
4. What story does Nao-Kurai tell Desiderio before the wedding in Chapter 3, The River People?
5. What leads to Desiderio's being hailed a hero among the River People?
6. Where does Desiderio go in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight? What is he investigating? What does he find there?
7. Who introduces the novel in the Introduction? What does the narrator establish from the past?
8. What "hallucination" does Desiderio experience in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
9. What does the Minister do in Chapter 1, The City Under Siege to fight the machines?
10. What does Desiderio pay the peep show proprietor in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight? What does he see inside?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)