|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs on a daily basis in Desiderio's city?
(a) Balloon launches.
(d) Rochet launches.
2. Who does Desiderio find dead in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
(a) The Count.
(c) Mary Anne.
3. What does Mary Anne tell Desiderio she believes happened to her father in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
(a) He was killed by pirates.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He drowned in the pool.
(d) He was assassinated.
4. At what university did Angela Brown teach in Rhode Island?
(a) Pepperdine University.
(b) Brown University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Columbia University.
5. Who is the narrator in The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman?
(a) Dr. Hoffman.
(c) The Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against whom does the narrator describe having fought a war in the beginning of The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman?
2. How old is the girl offered in marriage to Desiderio in Chapter 3, The River People?
3. Desiderio's Minister did not have enough what to be affected by the things Dr. Hoffman's machine created?
4. When was Angela Carter born?
5. With whom does Desiderio take refuge in the end of Chapter 3, The River People?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desiderio learn of Mendoza in Chapter 4, The Acrobats of Desire?
2. How does Desiderio escape in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight? From where does he escape?
3. Who does Desiderio find floating in the river in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight? What discovery does this lead to?
4. How does Desiderio begin to integrate into his new society in Chapter 3, The River People?
5. What "hallucination" does Desiderio experience in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
6. What does Desiderio pay the peep show proprietor in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight? What does he see inside?
7. How does Desiderio describe the effects of Dr. Hoffman's machines in Chapter 1, The City Under Siege?
8. Where does Desiderio go after talking with the Professor in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight? Why? Where does he stay?
9. How did the war against Dr. Hoffman begin, according to Desiderio? How did the Minister become involved?
10. Who sends an Ambassador in Chapter 1, The City Under Siege? What is Desiderio's reaction?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)