|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Acrobats of Desire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desiderio's fiance begin doing after the engagement in Chapter 3, The River People?
(a) Singing in the meadow.
(b) Building a cage.
(c) Sewing wheat in the field.
(d) Coming to his room at night.
2. What do the father and brothers of the girl in Nao-Kurai's story do?
(a) Leave the village.
(b) Eat the girl.
(c) Eat the snake.
(d) Kill the girl.
3. Desiderio's Minister did not have enough what to be affected by the things Dr. Hoffman's machine created?
4. When was The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman first published?
5. Where does Desiderio go in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
(a) A seaside village.
(b) The neighboring city.
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desiderio first expect of his engagement in Chapter 3, The River People?
2. What did not really exist, according to Desiderio's Minister in Chapter 1, The City Under Siege?
3. Who is in a coma in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
4. Where is the city in which Desiderio lives?
5. How does Desiderio escape in the end of Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)