|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The River People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the object of the protagonist's desires in The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman?
2. Why was the movement of commerce restricted on land in Chapter 3, The River People?
(a) The flood.
(b) The volcano.
(c) The drought.
(d) The war.
3. Who does Desiderio find irresistible in Chapter 1, The City Under Siege?
(a) The Count.
(b) The Ambassador.
(c) The Minister.
(d) The Count's assistant.
4. Who pursues Desiderio in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
(b) The Determination Police.
(c) The River People.
(d) Dr. Hoffman.
5. With whom does Desiderio have a sexual encounter in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
(a) Mary Anne.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Mayor's housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing the piano when Desiderio arrives at the Mayor's Mansion in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
2. Of what heritage is Desiderio?
3. What had the character Mendoza reportedly built?
4. Who charges Desiderio to enter the peep show in Chapter 2, The Mansion of Midnight?
5. What had Desiderio always felt ashamed of?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)