|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took over the Ott Group?
2. Who does Cheung go to see to complain about Snyder?
3. What does Zeina do for Cheung?
4. Why was Boyd not happy with Milton Berber?
5. What does Menzies' girlfriend show him that made him angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Kathleen run into at a newspaper conference?
2. Who does Dario tell Kathleen about?
3. Who is Ruby Zaga according to Chapter 7?
4. What does Kathleen do after confronting her husband?
5. What is Boyd having difficulty with in 1975?
6. What does Milton decide in 1994?
7. What happens under Milton Berber?
8. Who is Rich Snyder?
9. What did Dario admit to Kathleen?
10. What happens between Craig Menzies and Annika, his girlfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cutthroat industry of journalism and how it is presented in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of metaphor to show the issues in the newspaper by using characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Herman Cohen and his desire for perfection.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)