|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dario say to Kathleen a few days after her coming to his office?
2. When did Ornella start to read the newspaper according to Chapter 9?
3. What does Kathleen do before visiting Dario at his office?
4. When did Milton decide to retire?
5. Where are Ornella's newspapers stored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Snyder a short time later?
2. What does Kathleen Solson think about Nigel according to Chapter 5?
3. What did Dario admit to Kathleen?
4. Who is Ruby Zaga according to Chapter 7?
5. Who is Winston Cheung according to Chapter 6?
6. What does Ornella do at home?
7. Why does the newsroom become chaotic?
8. What does Ruby do on New Year's Eve?
9. What happens when Leo takes control of the paper?
10. What does Milton decide in 1994?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare two male characters, focusing on their similarities and differences in their actions, beliefs, and thoughts about themselves.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of metaphor to show the issues in the newspaper by using characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict between Craig Menzies and Annika.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)