|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruby go to a hotel on New Year's Eve?
2. Why was Boyd upset by Milton's first speech?
3. Where does Cheung go to try out for the journal?
4. Who is Menzies' girlfriend?
5. What does Dario think of his past relationship with Kathleen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Menzies goes home?
2. Who does Cheung turn to?
3. What does Ornella tell Kathleen about April 24, 1994?
4. What does Kathleen Solson think about Nigel according to Chapter 5?
5. What is the maid required to do for Ornella each day?
6. What did Dario admit to Kathleen?
7. Who is Ornella de Monterecchi according to Chapter 9?
8. What does Ruby do on New Year's Eve?
9. What does Ornella do at home?
10. What happens under Milton Berber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Ott family and their impact on the newspaper's growth and demise.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Ornella de Monterecchi and Kathleen and how each woman deals with the past.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Herman Cohen and his childhood friend, Jimmy.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)