|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby think of her job according to Chapter 7?
2. Who took over the Ott Group?
3. What does Kathleen think the situation allows her to do?
4. Where are Ornella's newspapers stored?
5. What does Menzies offer his girlfriend for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Kathleen run into at a newspaper conference?
2. Who does Ornella visit at the newspaper?
3. Why does the newsroom become chaotic?
4. What is the maid required to do for Ornella each day?
5. What does Milton decide in 1994?
6. What happens when Menzies goes home?
7. What happens to Snyder a short time later?
8. What does Ornella do at home?
9. Who is Winston Cheung according to Chapter 6?
10. What does Ruby do on New Year's Eve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Arthur Gopal's character growth and the impact of his daughter's death.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cutthroat industry of journalism and how it is presented in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Herman Cohen and his childhood friend, Jimmy.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)