|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheung almost find himself in trouble for?
(a) Touching a woman wearing a burka.
(b) Dancing around a woman.
(c) Touching a woman's skirt.
(d) Dancing with a woman.
2. How does Menzies learn about his girlfriend's affair?
(a) An e-mail is sent to him.
(b) A neighbor tells him.
(c) She admits it.
(d) She sees her with another man.
3. What happened to the newsroom in the aftermath of Ott's death?
(a) It became peaceful.
(b) It became chaotic.
(c) It became more organized.
(d) It became hate filled.
4. How long ago were Dario and Kethleen together?
(a) 6 years ago.
(b) 8 years ago.
(c) 4 years ago.
(d) 10 years ago.
5. What does Ruby think of her job according to Chapter 7?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She hates it but love the people she works with.
(d) She likes it but hate the people she works with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ornella's husband suffer from?
2. When did Ornella start to read the newspaper according to Chapter 9?
3. What did the newspaper fail to do?
4. Who does Ornella ask to retrieve the current newspaper?
5. Why does Ruby call Dario several times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ornella de Monterecchi according to Chapter 9?
2. What does Ornella do at home?
3. What did Dario admit to Kathleen?
4. Who does Cheung turn to?
5. What happens to Snyder a short time later?
6. What does Ruby do on New Year's Eve?
7. Who is Rich Snyder?
8. Who does Ornella visit at the newspaper?
9. What does Kathleen do after confronting her husband?
10. Who does Dario tell Kathleen about?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)