|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeina do for Cheung?
(a) Gets him to speak with a diplomat.
(b) Gets him to a private dinner.
(c) Gets him into a private meeting.
(d) Gets him to speak to a government official.
2. What does Kathleen think the situation allows her to do?
(a) Have multiple affairs.
(b) Change her job.
(c) Have an affair of her own.
(d) Leave her husband.
3. What is Ruby's occupation?
(a) Copy Editor.
(b) Finance officer.
(d) News Editor.
4. When did Milton decide to retire?
5. What does Ornella do the next day?
(a) Stops reading the paper.
(b) Starts reading the day's paper.
(d) Starts from 1973 on another newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dario say to Kathleen a few days after her coming to his office?
2. What was Ornella's husband occupation when she started reading the newspaper?
3. Why is Cheung's article too flowery?
4. Who gives Ornella the daily newspaper?
5. What does Ruby think of her job according to Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ornella de Monterecchi according to Chapter 9?
2. Who does Cheung turn to?
3. Who does Ornella visit at the newspaper?
4. What is the maid required to do for Ornella each day?
5. Who is Rich Snyder?
6. What is Boyd having difficulty with in 1975?
7. What does Ornella tell Kathleen about April 24, 1994?
8. What did Dario admit to Kathleen?
9. What happens when Menzies goes home?
10. What happens under Milton Berber?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)