|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ornella's husband posted when she started reading the newspaper?
2. What does Ornella do the next day?
(b) Starts reading the day's paper.
(c) Stops reading the paper.
(d) Starts from 1973 on another newspaper.
3. Where does Leo go after being fired?
4. Where did Betty go to after leaving the Journal?
(b) New York.
5. Who gives Ornella the daily newspaper?
(a) Her maid.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snyder do with Cheung?
2. When did Milton decide to retire?
3. When did Boyd hire Milton Berber?
4. Why was Boyd upset by Milton's first speech?
5. What does Cheung learn after finishing the research for Snyder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kathleen Solson think about Nigel according to Chapter 5?
2. What does Kathleen do after confronting her husband?
3. What does Ruby do on New Year's Eve?
4. Who does Kathleen run into at a newspaper conference?
5. What is Boyd having difficulty with in 1975?
6. What happens when Menzies goes home?
7. What does Ornella tell Kathleen about April 24, 1994?
8. What did Dario admit to Kathleen?
9. What is the maid required to do for Ornella each day?
10. What happens when Leo takes control of the paper?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)