|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ornella want to get the newspaper herself?
(a) She had poor eye sight.
(b) She has money to pay a maid.
(c) She doesn't want to look ahead.
(d) He can't climg the stairs.
2. What does Ornella do during the night?
(a) Burns the newspapers.
(b) Reads all the newspapers.
(c) Trashes the newspaper.
(d) Uses the newspapers as compost.
3. What is Ruby's occupation?
(a) News Editor.
(c) Copy Editor.
(d) Finance officer.
4. Who takes away Snyder?
(a) A man from the police.
(b) A man from the interior ministry.
(c) A man from a press conference.
(d) A man from the newspaper.
5. What does Ornella do after returning home?
(a) She prepares a suitcase and leave.
(b) She takes all the newspapers from storage.
(c) She dies.
(d) She destroys the pictues of her husband,
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dario respond to Ruby?
2. Where was Ornella's husband posted when she started reading the newspaper?
3. What does Snyder do with Cheung?
4. Where was Kathleen's husband living before moving to Rome?
5. Why was Boyd not happy with Milton Berber?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rich Snyder?
2. Why is Cheung almost in trouble?
3. What does Kathleen Solson think about Nigel according to Chapter 5?
4. Who does Kathleen run into at a newspaper conference?
5. Who does Dario tell Kathleen about?
6. Who is Ornella de Monterecchi according to Chapter 9?
7. What does Kathleen do after confronting her husband?
8. What is the maid required to do for Ornella each day?
9. What does Ornella tell Kathleen about April 24, 1994?
10. What is Boyd having difficulty with in 1975?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)