|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. Who kills Lloyd's story?
(d) Kathleen Solson.
3. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
4. What did Herman imagine he would write a book about?
(a) His life in Rome.
(b) His career.
(c) The newspaper industry.
(d) His relationship with a great writer.
5. What does Kathleen want to do with the article?
(a) Run it in its entirety.
(b) Reassign it.
(c) Rewrite it.
(d) Trash it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lloyd's first draft filled with?
2. When is Hardy finally able to get her possessions back?
3. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like him?
4. Where does Lloyd go after learning of his son being without a job?
5. Why did Herman and his friend become friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is demoted and why?
2. Who is Arthur Gopal according to Chapter 2?
3. What does Hardy volunteer to do for Rory?
4. Where does Lloyd go?
5. Where does Hardy find Rory?
6. Why does the interview end abruptly?
7. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
8. What does Arthur do each day?
9. Who does Lloyd go in search of?
10. Why is Arthur disappointed?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)