|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lloyd's wife having an affair with?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) A local artist.
2. What does Herman collect in his "Bible"?
(a) Forecast patterns.
(b) Mistakes that appeared in the paper.
(c) Titles of previous news articles.
(d) Business articles.
3. How is Hardy made aware that a burglar made it into her apartment?
(a) A police officer came to the journal.
(b) When she returned home.
(c) A neighbor told her.
(d) Via a phone call.
4. Why does Hardy refuse to follow Annika's advice?
(a) She doesn't want to be alone.
(b) She is in love.
(c) She is not sure Annika has her best interest in mind.
(d) She wants to give him a chance.
5. Where did Ott put the printing press?
(a) On the second floor.
(b) On the third floor.
(c) On the first floor.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ott live in 1954?
2. What does Lloyd discover about Jerome?
3. What does Herman drive the staff crazy with?
4. When did Herman's friend abandon the idea of being a writer?
5. Who kills Lloyd's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jimmy do in Arizona?
2. Who does Lloyd go in search of?
3. What did Herman assume about Jimmy?
4. Why is Arthur disappointed?
5. Who does Cyrus Ott meet with?
6. What does Arthur find out about regarding the interview?
7. Why does the interview end abruptly?
8. Who is demoted and why?
9. Where does Hardy find Rory?
10. What does Lloyd admit?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)