|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
(a) He talks to the publisher.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He complains to Kathleen.
(d) He talks to Okely directly.
2. Where did Herman settle after marrying?
3. Where did Ott put the printing press?
(a) In the basement.
(b) On the second floor.
(c) On the third floor.
(d) On the first floor.
4. How is Gerda when Arthur meets her?
(a) Bitter and full of regret.
(b) Happy to still be alive.
(c) Still vigourusly fighting for women.
(d) Tired but content.
5. What his Hardy's rationalization for her decision?
(a) Better to not have him break into his apartment again.
(b) Better to take advantage of him.
(c) Better to have a boyfriend that is dishonest than none at all.
(d) Better to have a boyfriend than a best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like him?
2. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
3. Where did Herman's friend settle after his heart attack?
4. When is Hardy finally able to get her possessions back?
5. What does Hardy do for Rory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Annika embarrassed for Hardy?
2. Why is Herman disappointed?
3. What does Hardy volunteer to do for Rory?
4. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
5. What did Herman assume about Jimmy?
6. What does Jerome tell Lloyd about France?
7. Why does the interview end abruptly?
8. What does Arthur do each day?
9. What is happening to Ott in 1960?
10. Who does Cyrus Ott meet with?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)