|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Okley run Arthur's article?
(a) On page 6.
(b) In the obituary section.
(c) At the end of an article on the world's oldest living person.
(d) On the front page.
2. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Make him pay her back.
(c) Make his life miserable.
(d) Leave him.
3. Who did Herman think would be a writer?
4. What did Ott want to buy?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A bedroom set.
(c) A frame.
5. Why does Arthur Gopal like his job?
(a) It is well paid.
(b) He can work on his novel.
(c) He travels a lot.
(d) He can spend time with his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lloyd's son lose his job?
2. What country is the other victim Hardy meets at the police station from?
3. What does Lloyd want to ask his son for?
4. Who is Arthur Gopal's managing editor?
5. Who is Lloyd's wife having an affair with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Annika embarrassed for Hardy?
2. What happens at the Christmas party?
3. What does Lloyd admit?
4. Who is demoted and why?
5. How did Jimmy and Herman first meet?
6. What is the Irishman like?
7. What does Ott buy in 1957?
8. What does Jerome tell Lloyd about France?
9. Who is Arthur Gopal according to Chapter 2?
10. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like her father?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)