|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gerda Erzberger live?
2. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
(a) Betty and Louie.
(b) Betty and Leo.
(c) Betty and Louis.
(d) Betty and June.
3. What does Arthur's wife protest against?
(a) Him not talking of Pickle
(b) Him turning Pickle's room into a study.
(c) Him starting to work again.
(d) His not leaving the country with her.
4. Why does Arthur quit the interview?
(a) His daughter was in an accident.
(b) His wife was in an accident.
(c) His father wa arrested.
(d) His mother was admited in a hospital.
5. Who is Arthur Gopal the son of?
(a) A famous politican.
(b) A famous publisher.
(c) A famous book critic.
(d) A famous author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What his Hardy's rationalization for her decision?
2. What did Herman want from his friend in exchange for letting him pay for a meal?
3. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
4. Where did Ott put the printing press?
5. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Irishman like?
2. Where does Lloyd Burko live according to Chapter 1?
3. Who does Cyrus Ott meet with?
4. Who is Herman Cohen in Chapter 4?
5. What does Jerome tell Lloyd about France?
6. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
7. Why is Herman disappointed?
8. Where does Hardy find Rory?
9. Where does Lloyd go?
10. Why does the interview end abruptly?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)