|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
2. How is the paper going in 1957?
(a) It is the same as before.
(b) It's overly successful.
(c) It's failing.
3. What does Okley do with the article?
(a) He rewrites it.
(b) He runs it in its entirety.
(c) He cuts it down to a blurb.
(d) He trashes it.
4. What does Lloyd tell his son when he is meeting with his son?
(a) That his wife his sleeping around.
(b) That he is about to get evicted.
(c) That he is about to get fired.
(d) That nobody else will help him.
5. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
(a) The astrology section.
(b) The weather section.
(c) The Puzzle-Wuzzle and the obituaries.
(d) The business section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Herman and his friend become friends?
2. What does Hardy conclude after finding what she found at Rory's place?
3. Why does Arthur quit the interview?
4. How is Gerda when Arthur meets her?
5. Who did Herman think would be a writer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Arthur disappointed?
2. Where does Lloyd Burko live according to Chapter 1?
3. What does Arthur find out about regarding the interview?
4. When is Arthur's routine disrupted?
5. Who is Hardy Benjamin and who does he have coffee with in Chapter 3?
6. Where does Lloyd go?
7. Who does Lloyd go in search of?
8. What did Herman assume about Jimmy?
9. How did Jimmy and Herman first meet?
10. Why does the interview end abruptly?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)