|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Okley given after the article runs?
2. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
(a) The weather section.
(b) The astrology section.
(c) The Puzzle-Wuzzle and the obituaries.
(d) The business section.
3. What is Herman Cohen's position at the paper according to Chapter 4?
(a) News Editor.
(b) Weather reporter.
(c) Corrections Editor.
(d) Business reporter.
4. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
5. What does Lloyd's son agree to?
(a) Let his father have a reunion there.
(b) Let his father borrow money.
(c) Let his father work with him.
(d) Let his father live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the publisher of the newspaper Lloyd works for at its inception?
2. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
3. What does Hardy say to Rory about what she found?
4. What does Hardy find in Rory's place?
5. What is France supposed to propose to the U.N?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hardy Benjamin and who does he have coffee with in Chapter 3?
2. What does Hardy realize about Rory?
3. What does Ott buy in 1957?
4. What happens at the Christmas party?
5. When is Arthur's routine disrupted?
6. What does Jerome tell Lloyd about France?
7. Who is Herman Cohen in Chapter 4?
8. Who does Lloyd go in search of?
9. What is happening to Ott in 1960?
10. Where does Hardy find Rory?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)