|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Ruby compliments?
(c) Craig Menzies.
2. What did Winston Cheung do before decided to become a reporter according to Chapter 6?
(a) He was in undergraduate school.
(b) He was in graduate school.
(c) He was a new graduate.
(d) He was an intern.
3. What did Ornella's husband suffer from?
(b) Mental illness.
(c) Poor blader control.
(d) A heart condition.
4. What does Dario say to Kathleen a few days after her coming to his office?
(a) That he is no longer attracted to her.
(b) That he is no love with is mistress.
(c) That he does not want a mistress.
(d) That he is a changed man.
5. What does Menzies' girlfriend promise him?
(a) That she wants money to leave.
(b) That her affair is over.
(c) That she doens't have an affair.
(d) That she wants to leave.
6. When did Milton decide to retire?
7. Who does Ornella ask to retrieve the current newspaper?
8. Why is Menzies' girlfriend sued?
(a) For breach of promise.
(b) For stealing from him.
(c) For abuse.
(d) For emotional distress.
9. Why was Boyd upset by Milton's first speech?
(a) Milton critisized the content of the paper.
(b) Milton say the previous ecitor in chief was an idiot.
(c) Milton critisized Boyd.
(d) Milton said the newspaper was a mess.
10. What does Cheung almost find himself in trouble for?
(a) Touching a woman wearing a burka.
(b) Dancing with a woman.
(c) Dancing around a woman.
(d) Touching a woman's skirt.
11. Where did Ornella pick her husband from in 1994?
(a) A bar.
(b) His office.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The police station.
12. Where are Ornella's newspapers stored?
(a) A spare bedroom.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garage.
13. What does Dario want to do with Ruby?
(a) Tells her to meet him a day later.
(b) Tells her to back off.
(c) Tells her to come to his room.
(d) Tells her to call him at work.
14. Why doesn't Ornella want to get the newspaper herself?
(a) She had poor eye sight.
(b) She has money to pay a maid.
(c) She doesn't want to look ahead.
(d) He can't climg the stairs.
15. What does Kathleen do before visiting Dario at his office?
(a) She says she likes her job more than him.
(b) She talks to her husband about Dario.
(c) She confronts her husband on his affair.
(d) She says she wants a man who will provide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charles do in the 1960s?
2. Who gets the job Cheung was trying for?
3. What does Kathleen NOT want despite the situation?
4. Where did Betty go to after leaving the Journal?
5. What does Ruby think of her job according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)