|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ornella's husband posted when she started reading the newspaper?
2. What does Ruby think of her job according to Chapter 7?
(a) She hates it but love the people she works with.
(b) She likes it but hate the people she works with.
(c) She likes it.
(d) She hates it.
3. Why is Menzies' girlfriend sued?
(a) For emotional distress.
(b) For stealing from him.
(c) For abuse.
(d) For breach of promise.
4. What does Dario respond to Ruby?
(a) To wait for him.
(b) That he could only come the next day.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To call after Christmas.
5. What did Ornell's husband do once home?
(a) He died.
(b) He beat the maid.
(c) Beat her.
(d) He read the newspapers out loud.
6. When did Milton decide to retire?
7. What is the name of Kathleen's husband?
8. What does Cheung almost find himself in trouble for?
(a) Dancing with a woman.
(b) Touching a woman wearing a burka.
(c) Dancing around a woman.
(d) Touching a woman's skirt.
9. What is Ruby convinced of?
(a) That she will be fired soon.
(b) That she will be demoted.
(c) that Dario will mary her.
(d) That she will be promotted.
10. How does Menzies learn about his girlfriend's affair?
(a) She sees her with another man.
(b) An e-mail is sent to him.
(c) A neighbor tells him.
(d) She admits it.
11. When did Boyd hire Milton Berber?
12. What does Zeina do for Cheung?
(a) Gets him to speak with a diplomat.
(b) Gets him to speak to a government official.
(c) Gets him into a private meeting.
(d) Gets him to a private dinner.
13. Who gives Ruby compliments?
(d) Craig Menzies.
14. What did Charles do in the 1960s?
(a) He took over day to day operation of the newspaper.
(b) Stepped down as chairman as the Off Group.
(c) He tried to close the newspaper.
(d) He hired Maxime Romado as editor in chief.
15. What does Kathleen NOT want despite the situation?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) To stay in Rome.
(c) A divorce.
(d) Her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets the job Cheung was trying for?
2. How long does Cheung work before learning that another reporter is trying for the position?
3. Where does Kathleen run into Dario de Monterecchi?
4. Who does Cheung correspond with at the journal?
5. Who does Cheung go to see to complain about Snyder?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)