|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leo go after being fired?
2. Where did Ornella pick her husband from in 1994?
(a) A hospital.
(b) His office.
(c) The police station.
(d) A bar.
3. Who gets the job Cheung was trying for?
4. What did Charles do in the 1960s?
(a) He tried to close the newspaper.
(b) He hired Maxime Romado as editor in chief.
(c) He took over day to day operation of the newspaper.
(d) Stepped down as chairman as the Off Group.
5. Where did Betty go to after leaving the Journal?
(d) New York.
6. Who does Cheung go to see to complain about Snyder?
7. What does Cheung learn after finishing the research for Snyder?
(a) That the article was never written.
(b) That the article was published before.
(c) That the article was rejected.
(d) That the article is already submitted.
8. Who does Ornella ask to retrieve the current newspaper?
9. What does Dario say to Kathleen a few days after her coming to his office?
(a) That he is no longer attracted to her.
(b) That he is a changed man.
(c) That he does not want a mistress.
(d) That he is no love with is mistress.
10. Why does Ruby go to a hotel on New Year's Eve?
(a) To not be alone.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To have her apartment repainted.
(d) To have a romantic evening with her boyfriend.
11. How long ago were Dario and Kethleen together?
(a) 8 years ago.
(b) 4 years ago.
(c) 10 years ago.
(d) 6 years ago.
12. What did Winston Cheung do before decided to become a reporter according to Chapter 6?
(a) He was a new graduate.
(b) He was an intern.
(c) He was in undergraduate school.
(d) He was in graduate school.
13. How does Menzies learn about his girlfriend's affair?
(a) She admits it.
(b) An e-mail is sent to him.
(c) She sees her with another man.
(d) A neighbor tells him.
14. Why doesn't Ornella want to get the newspaper herself?
(a) She had poor eye sight.
(b) She has money to pay a maid.
(c) She doesn't want to look ahead.
(d) He can't climg the stairs.
15. Who takes away Snyder?
(a) A man from a press conference.
(b) A man from the interior ministry.
(c) A man from the police.
(d) A man from the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen think the situation allows her to do?
2. How does Ornella read the paper?
3. Who gives Ruby compliments?
4. When did Boyd hire Milton Berber?
5. What was Kathleen's husband's position before moving to Rome?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)