|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lloyd's child who still spends time with him?
2. Why is Gerda well known?
(a) She is a feminist activist.
(b) She is a Republican.
(c) She is a historian.
(d) She is an author.
3. Who did Herman think would be a writer?
4. What is Hardy Benjamin's position according to Chapter 3?
(a) Fashing reporter.
(d) Business reporter.
5. Where does Lloyd go to find his son?
(a) His apartment.
(b) To his girlfirend's place.
(c) The French foreign ministry.
(d) His favorite bar.
6. What does Lloyd's son agree to?
(a) Let his father have a reunion there.
(b) Let his father live with him.
(c) Let his father work with him.
(d) Let his father borrow money.
7. When did Herman's friend abandon the idea of being a writer?
(a) 30 years ago.
(b) 25 years ago.
(c) 15 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
8. What does Hardy say to Rory about what she found?
(a) She asks what he did with the other belongings.
(b) She asks why he chose her.
(c) She asks why he did it.
9. Who was the publisher of the newspaper Lloyd works for at its inception?
(a) Cain Ott.
(b) Carl Ott.
(c) Cyrus Ott.
(d) Carson Ott.
10. What does Okley do with the article?
(a) He cuts it down to a blurb.
(b) He trashes it.
(c) He rewrites it.
(d) He runs it in its entirety.
11. What did Herman work as during his marriage?
(a) A paralegal.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A driver.
(d) A secretary.
12. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
(a) Betty and Leo.
(b) Betty and Louis.
(c) Betty and June.
(d) Betty and Louie.
13. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
(a) He complains to Kathleen.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He talks to the publisher.
(d) He talks to Okely directly.
14. What does Kathleen want to do with the article?
(a) Run it in its entirety.
(b) Trash it.
(c) Reassign it.
(d) Rewrite it.
15. Who is Arthur Gopal's managing editor?
(b) Clint Oakley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Were does Lloyd Burko live at the start of Chapter 1?
2. Where does Herman's daughter live?
3. Who did Herman's friend have a scandalous affair with?
4. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like him?
5. What does Herman drive the staff crazy with?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)