|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Okley given after the article runs?
2. Who does Lloyd's son work for?
(a) French police.
(b) French foreign ministry.
(c) A french newspaper.
(d) The U.N.
3. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
(a) Make him pay her back.
(b) Make his life miserable.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Leave him.
4. What does Kathleen want to do with the article?
(a) Trash it.
(b) Reassign it.
(c) Rewrite it.
(d) Run it in its entirety.
5. Where does Lloyd go after learning of his son being without a job?
(a) To the police.
(b) To his ex wife's apartment.
(c) Back home.
(d) To his son's old address.
6. Who is Arthur Gopal's managing editor?
(b) Clint Oakley.
7. Where does Tom Rachman live at the start of Chapter 1?
8. Why does Hardy refuse to follow Annika's advice?
(a) She doesn't want to be alone.
(b) She is in love.
(c) She is not sure Annika has her best interest in mind.
(d) She wants to give him a chance.
9. How is the paper going in 1957?
(a) It is the same as before.
(c) It's overly successful.
(d) It's failing.
10. Why did Lloyd's son lose his job?
(a) He was fire for leaking stories.
(b) He couldn't pass the language test.
(c) He never passed the security check.
(d) He never applied.
11. What job is Arthur given after the article runs?
(a) Fashion reporter.
(b) Economic reporter.
(c) Field reporter.
12. Why is Gerda well known?
(a) She is a Republican.
(b) She is a feminist activist.
(c) She is an author.
(d) She is a historian.
13. What does Herman collect in his "Bible"?
(a) Mistakes that appeared in the paper.
(b) Business articles.
(c) Titles of previous news articles.
(d) Forecast patterns.
14. Where did Herman's friend settle after his heart attack?
15. What does Hardy do for Rory?
(a) Cleans his old residence.
(b) Drives him to interviews.
(c) Cleans his car.
(d) Drives a moving truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annika pressure Hardy to do?
2. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
3. What did Ott want to buy?
4. What did Herman want from his friend in exchange for letting him pay for a meal?
5. How is Hardy made aware that a burglar made it into her apartment?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)