|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Herman and his friend meet?
(a) At an Evangelical private school.
(b) At a Presbyterian private school.
(c) At a Christian private school.
(d) At a Catholic private school.
2. What does Arthur tell Okley when he turns over Greda's article?
(a) That he expect Okley's to respect his article.
(b) That he wants it rewriten.
(c) That he doesn;t want it publish in its entirety.
(d) That Kathleen wanted to run it as is.
3. What does Lloyd want to ask his son for?
(a) A referense for a job.
(b) Inside information to write a story.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Money for his rent.
4. Who is Arthur Gopal's managing editor?
(a) Clint Oakley.
5. What did Herman and his friend have in common at their school?
(a) They were Evangelical.
(b) They were both Catholic.
(c) They were both Jewish.
(d) They were Christian.
6. When did Herman's friend abandon the idea of being a writer?
(a) 25 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 30 years ago.
(d) 15 years ago.
7. What is France supposed to propose to the U.N?
(a) To send a force to Iraq.
(b) To send a force to Israel.
(c) To send a force to Kosovo.
(d) To send a force to Gaza.
8. What does Lloyd's son agree to?
(a) Let his father borrow money.
(b) Let his father work with him.
(c) Let his father live with him.
(d) Let his father have a reunion there.
9. What does Okley do with the article?
(a) He cuts it down to a blurb.
(b) He trashes it.
(c) He rewrites it.
(d) He runs it in its entirety.
10. What did Ott die of?
(c) Heart attack.
11. What does Rory want to be?
(c) Clothes designer.
(d) Stand-up comic.
12. When was the newspaper Lloyd is working for created?
13. Where does Ott live in 1954?
14. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
15. Why do the police not allow Hardy to get her possessions back from the burglar?
(a) They are needed for the trial.
(b) They are broken.
(c) The other burglarized man is not present.
(d) They need to be fingerprinted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lloyd's son lose his job?
2. Who is Arthur Gopal's immediate supervisor?
3. Why does Hardy refuse to follow Annika's advice?
4. What does Annika pressure Hardy to do?
5. Where did Ott put the printing press?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)