|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What does Hardy conclude after finding what she found at Rory's place?
(a) That he was in on the burglary.
(b) That he was a serial thief.
(c) That he was undercover.
(d) That he was a window repairman.
3. When was the newspaper Lloyd is working for created?
4. What does Okley do with the article?
(a) He trashes it.
(b) He runs it in its entirety.
(c) He cuts it down to a blurb.
(d) He rewrites it.
5. What is France supposed to propose to the U.N?
(a) To send a force to Iraq.
(b) To send a force to Gaza.
(c) To send a force to Israel.
(d) To send a force to Kosovo.
6. How is Gerda when Arthur meets her?
(a) Tired but content.
(b) Still vigourusly fighting for women.
(c) Bitter and full of regret.
(d) Happy to still be alive.
7. What does Arthur's wife protest against?
(a) Him starting to work again.
(b) His not leaving the country with her.
(c) Him turning Pickle's room into a study.
(d) Him not talking of Pickle
8. What his Hardy's rationalization for her decision?
(a) Better to have a boyfriend that is dishonest than none at all.
(b) Better to not have him break into his apartment again.
(c) Better to have a boyfriend than a best friend.
(d) Better to take advantage of him.
9. What did Ott want to buy?
(b) A bedroom set.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A frame.
10. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
(a) Betty and Louie.
(b) Betty and Louis.
(c) Betty and Leo.
(d) Betty and June.
11. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like him?
(a) Because he moved to Rome.
(b) Because he left her mother.
(c) Because of his past indicretions and multiple marriages.
(d) He he beat her once.
12. Where does Lloyd go after learning of his son being without a job?
(a) To the police.
(b) To his ex wife's apartment.
(c) Back home.
(d) To his son's old address.
13. What did Ott buy in 1954?
(a) A five-story building.
(b) A large house.
(c) Three floors of a building.
(d) An old newspaper.
14. What did Herman and his friend have in common at their school?
(a) They were both Jewish.
(b) They were Evangelical.
(c) They were both Catholic.
(d) They were Christian.
15. What did Rory propose to do for Hardy?
(a) Fix her window
(b) Help her move to a new apartment.
(c) Take her to diner.
(d) Help her decorate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ott buy?
2. What does Herman collect in his "Bible"?
3. What does Llyod spend his money on?
4. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
5. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)