|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Make him pay her back.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Make his life miserable.
2. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
3. Why is Gerda well known?
(a) She is a historian.
(b) She is a feminist activist.
(c) She is an author.
(d) She is a Republican.
4. Where did Herman and his friend meet?
(a) At an Evangelical private school.
(b) At a Christian private school.
(c) At a Presbyterian private school.
(d) At a Catholic private school.
5. What is Lloyd's first draft filled with?
(a) Vague quotes.
(b) Spelling mistakes.
(d) Known facts.
6. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
(a) He talks to Okely directly.
(b) He complains to Kathleen.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He talks to the publisher.
7. How is Hardy made aware that a burglar made it into her apartment?
(a) A police officer came to the journal.
(b) A neighbor told her.
(c) When she returned home.
(d) Via a phone call.
8. What did Ott buy in 1954?
(a) A large house.
(b) A five-story building.
(c) An old newspaper.
(d) Three floors of a building.
9. What did Herman and his friend have in common at their school?
(a) They were Christian.
(b) They were both Catholic.
(c) They were Evangelical.
(d) They were both Jewish.
10. How is the paper going in 1957?
(a) It's overly successful.
(b) It's failing.
(c) It is the same as before.
11. Who is Lloyd's wife having an affair with?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A local artist.
(d) A co-worker.
12. What does Hardy find in Rory's place?
(a) A Rubik's cube her father gave her.
(b) A ring her father gave her.
(c) A picture her father gave her.
(d) A bracelet her father gave her.
13. Where does Okley run Arthur's article?
(a) At the end of an article on the world's oldest living person.
(b) On page 6.
(c) On the front page.
(d) In the obituary section.
14. What did Herman want from his friend in exchange for letting him pay for a meal?
(a) An astrology prediction.
(b) A chapter of his book.
(c) An article for his journal.
(d) A weather forecast.
15. What job is Arthur given after the article runs?
(b) Fashion reporter.
(c) Field reporter.
(d) Economic reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Were does Lloyd Burko live at the start of Chapter 1?
2. Who is Arthur Gopal's immediate supervisor?
3. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
4. What does Hardy say to Rory about what she found?
5. What is Hardy doing with Annika at the start of Chapter 3?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)