|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herman and his friend have in common at their school?
(a) They were both Catholic.
(b) They were Christian.
(c) They were Evangelical.
(d) They were both Jewish.
2. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Stay with him.
(c) Make his life miserable.
(d) Make him pay her back.
3. What did Rory propose to do for Hardy?
(a) Take her to diner.
(b) Help her decorate.
(c) Fix her window
(d) Help her move to a new apartment.
4. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
(a) Betty and Louis.
(b) Betty and Leo.
(c) Betty and Louie.
(d) Betty and June.
5. What did Ott die of?
(b) Heart attack.
6. What does Herman collect in his "Bible"?
(a) Forecast patterns.
(b) Mistakes that appeared in the paper.
(c) Titles of previous news articles.
(d) Business articles.
7. Who does Rory make jokes about that embarrass Annika?
8. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
(a) The Puzzle-Wuzzle and the obituaries.
(b) The astrology section.
(c) The business section.
(d) The weather section.
9. What does Hardy do for Rory?
(a) Drives him to interviews.
(b) Cleans his car.
(c) Drives a moving truck.
(d) Cleans his old residence.
10. Who is Arthur Gopal's immediate supervisor?
(c) Clint Oakley.
11. Who does Lloyd's son work for?
(a) French police.
(b) French foreign ministry.
(c) The U.N.
(d) A french newspaper.
12. What his Hardy's rationalization for her decision?
(a) Better to have a boyfriend than a best friend.
(b) Better to have a boyfriend that is dishonest than none at all.
(c) Better to not have him break into his apartment again.
(d) Better to take advantage of him.
13. What does Hardy find in Rory's place?
(a) A Rubik's cube her father gave her.
(b) A picture her father gave her.
(c) A ring her father gave her.
(d) A bracelet her father gave her.
14. Where does Gerda Erzberger live?
15. What did Herman work as during his marriage?
(a) A driver.
(b) A paralegal.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lloyd tell his son when he is meeting with his son?
2. What did Herman imagine he would write a book about?
3. What does Arthur's wife protest against?
4. What does Kathleen want to do with the article?
5. When was the newspaper Lloyd is working for created?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)