|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathleen want to do with the article?
(a) Run it in its entirety.
(b) Trash it.
(c) Rewrite it.
(d) Reassign it.
2. When did Herman's friend abandon the idea of being a writer?
(a) 15 years ago.
(b) 30 years ago.
(c) 20 years ago.
(d) 25 years ago.
3. What does Clint Oakley talk about during the Christmas party?
(a) His job.
(b) His boat.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
4. What does Herman drive the staff crazy with?
(a) Picky corrections.
(b) News articles.
(c) Business news.
(d) Accurate weather.
5. When was the newspaper Lloyd is working for created?
6. What did Ott buy?
(a) An old church.
(b) A bunch of trucks for deliveries.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A six story building.
7. Who is Arthur Gopal's immediate supervisor?
(a) Clint Oakley.
8. How did the burglar enter Hardy's apartment?
(a) Through the bedroom window.
(b) Through the kitchen window.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) Through the front door.
9. Where does Ott live in 1954?
10. Who kills Lloyd's story?
(d) Kathleen Solson.
11. Where did Herman's friend settle after his heart attack?
12. What does Hardy do for Rory?
(a) Drives a moving truck.
(b) Cleans his old residence.
(c) Cleans his car.
(d) Drives him to interviews.
13. What did Herman work as during his marriage?
(a) A paralegal.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A driver.
14. What does Hardy find in Rory's place?
(a) A Rubik's cube her father gave her.
(b) A ring her father gave her.
(c) A picture her father gave her.
(d) A bracelet her father gave her.
15. Why does Arthur Gopal like his job?
(a) It is well paid.
(b) He can spend time with his daughter.
(c) He travels a lot.
(d) He can work on his novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lloyd's son agree to?
2. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
3. What is Hardy doing with Annika at the start of Chapter 3?
4. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
5. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)