|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lloyd's first draft filled with?
(a) Spelling mistakes.
(b) Vague quotes.
(c) Known facts.
2. What does Llyod spend his money on?
(a) His mistress.
(c) A present for his daughter.
3. Who is Lloyd's wife having an affair with?
(a) A local artist.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) A diplomat.
4. Where does Rory live?
(a) A tent.
(b) A stone house.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A warehouse.
5. How did the burglar enter Hardy's apartment?
(a) Through the kitchen window.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) Through the bedroom window.
(d) Through the back door.
6. Who does Rory make jokes about that embarrass Annika?
7. Where did Herman and his friend meet?
(a) At a Presbyterian private school.
(b) At a Christian private school.
(c) At a Catholic private school.
(d) At an Evangelical private school.
8. Where did Herman settle after marrying?
9. Were does Lloyd Burko live at the start of Chapter 1?
10. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
(a) Leave his wife.
(b) Call in a favor with a friend.
(c) Ask his wife to pay the rent.
(d) Move back to New York.
11. What did Ott buy in 1954?
(a) An old newspaper.
(b) Three floors of a building.
(c) A large house.
(d) A five-story building.
12. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
(a) Betty and Louie.
(b) Betty and June.
(c) Betty and Louis.
(d) Betty and Leo.
13. What is Hardy Benjamin's position according to Chapter 3?
(c) Fashing reporter.
(d) Business reporter.
14. Where does Tom Rachman live at the start of Chapter 1?
15. When is Hardy finally able to get her possessions back?
(a) Several months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) 12 days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the paper going in 1957?
2. What is the name of Lloyd's child who still spends time with him?
3. Who did Hardy ask for help in getting Rory a gig?
4. What does Rory want to be?
5. Why is Gerda well known?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)