|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rory make jokes about that embarrass Annika?
2. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
(a) The astrology section.
(b) The weather section.
(c) The Puzzle-Wuzzle and the obituaries.
(d) The business section.
3. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like him?
(a) He he beat her once.
(b) Because of his past indicretions and multiple marriages.
(c) Because he moved to Rome.
(d) Because he left her mother.
4. What is the name of Lloyd's child who still spends time with him?
5. Why does Arthur Gopal like his job?
(a) He can spend time with his daughter.
(b) He can work on his novel.
(c) He travels a lot.
(d) It is well paid.
6. Who did Herman's friend have a scandalous affair with?
(a) An Italian artist.
(b) A Roman artist.
(c) A Puerto Rican artist.
(d) A Mexican artist.
7. What does Hardy do for Rory?
(a) Cleans his car.
(b) Cleans his old residence.
(c) Drives him to interviews.
(d) Drives a moving truck.
8. What does Lloyd discover about Jerome?
(a) He is sleeping with his boss.
(b) He is living with a girlfriend.
(c) He is homeless.
(d) He still lives in his old apartment.
9. When is Hardy finally able to get her possessions back?
(a) Several months.
(b) Three days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) Several weeks.
10. Why did Lloyd's son lose his job?
(a) He never passed the security check.
(b) He was fire for leaking stories.
(c) He couldn't pass the language test.
(d) He never applied.
11. When was the newspaper Lloyd is working for created?
12. What did Herman want from his friend in exchange for letting him pay for a meal?
(a) A weather forecast.
(b) A chapter of his book.
(c) An article for his journal.
(d) An astrology prediction.
13. What does Herman collect in his "Bible"?
(a) Titles of previous news articles.
(b) Forecast patterns.
(c) Business articles.
(d) Mistakes that appeared in the paper.
14. What his Hardy's rationalization for her decision?
(a) Better to have a boyfriend that is dishonest than none at all.
(b) Better to not have him break into his apartment again.
(c) Better to have a boyfriend than a best friend.
(d) Better to take advantage of him.
15. What does Arthur learn when he returns to work?
(a) He is demoted.
(b) Gerda was annoyed by him not finishing the interview.
(c) Gerda died.
(d) He is reasigned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
2. Why is Gerda well known?
3. Who did Hardy ask for help in getting Rory a gig?
4. Where does Ott live in 1954?
5. How is the paper going in 1957?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)