|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the paper Lloyd works for located?
2. How is the paper going in 1957?
(a) It is the same as before.
(b) It's overly successful.
(d) It's failing.
3. What does Hardy find in Rory's place?
(a) A ring her father gave her.
(b) A picture her father gave her.
(c) A Rubik's cube her father gave her.
(d) A bracelet her father gave her.
4. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
5. What does Okley do with the article?
(a) He trashes it.
(b) He rewrites it.
(c) He cuts it down to a blurb.
(d) He runs it in its entirety.
6. What is Arthur Gopal preparing each day for his newspaper?
(a) The business section.
(b) The weather section.
(c) The Puzzle-Wuzzle and the obituaries.
(d) The astrology section.
7. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
(a) Ask his wife to pay the rent.
(b) Leave his wife.
(c) Move back to New York.
(d) Call in a favor with a friend.
8. Who is Arthur Gopal's managing editor?
(d) Clint Oakley.
9. Why does Lloyd's daughter not like him?
(a) He he beat her once.
(b) Because he moved to Rome.
(c) Because of his past indicretions and multiple marriages.
(d) Because he left her mother.
10. Who is Arthur Gopal's immediate supervisor?
(c) Clint Oakley.
11. What job is Okley given after the article runs?
12. What job is Arthur given after the article runs?
(a) Economic reporter.
(b) Field reporter.
(c) Fashion reporter.
13. What did Rory propose to do for Hardy?
(a) Take her to diner.
(b) Fix her window
(c) Help her decorate.
(d) Help her move to a new apartment.
14. Where does Lloyd go to find his son?
(a) To his girlfirend's place.
(b) The French foreign ministry.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His favorite bar.
15. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
(a) He talks to Okely directly.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He talks to the publisher.
(d) He complains to Kathleen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Herman work as during his marriage?
2. What does Kathleen want to do with the article?
3. What did Ott want to buy?
4. Why do the police not allow Hardy to get her possessions back from the burglar?
5. Who was the publisher of the newspaper Lloyd works for at its inception?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)