|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annika pressure Hardy to do?
(a) Break up with Rory.
(b) Marry Rory.
(c) Move to Ireland.
(d) Ask Rory to move with her.
2. What does Lloyd discover about Jerome?
(a) He is homeless.
(b) He is sleeping with his boss.
(c) He is living with a girlfriend.
(d) He still lives in his old apartment.
3. Who was running the day-to-day operating of the newspaper Lloyd works for at his inception?
(a) Betty and Louie.
(b) Betty and June.
(c) Betty and Louis.
(d) Betty and Leo.
4. How is Gerda when Arthur meets her?
(a) Tired but content.
(b) Happy to still be alive.
(c) Still vigourusly fighting for women.
(d) Bitter and full of regret.
5. What is the name of Lloyd's child who still spends time with him?
6. Who did Ott bring shopping with him?
7. Why does Hardy refuse to follow Annika's advice?
(a) She is in love.
(b) She wants to give him a chance.
(c) She is not sure Annika has her best interest in mind.
(d) She doesn't want to be alone.
8. Who is Lloyd's editor at the newspaper?
9. Why does Arthur quit the interview?
(a) His mother was admited in a hospital.
(b) His daughter was in an accident.
(c) His father wa arrested.
(d) His wife was in an accident.
10. What is Herman Cohen's position at the paper according to Chapter 4?
(a) Weather reporter.
(b) News Editor.
(c) Business reporter.
(d) Corrections Editor.
11. Where does Lloyd go to find his son?
(a) His favorite bar.
(b) The French foreign ministry.
(c) His apartment.
(d) To his girlfirend's place.
12. What does Llyod spend his money on?
(c) His mistress.
(d) A present for his daughter.
13. When was the newspaper Lloyd is working for created?
14. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
15. How is the paper going in 1957?
(a) It is the same as before.
(b) It's failing.
(d) It's overly successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathleen want to do with the article?
2. Who did Herman think would be a writer?
3. What does Arthur's wife protest against?
4. Where did Herman and his friend meet?
5. What did Herman want from his friend in exchange for letting him pay for a meal?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)