|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herman imagine he would write a book about?
(a) The newspaper industry.
(b) His career.
(c) His life in Rome.
(d) His relationship with a great writer.
2. What does Hardy find in Rory's place?
(a) A ring her father gave her.
(b) A Rubik's cube her father gave her.
(c) A bracelet her father gave her.
(d) A picture her father gave her.
3. What did Herman and his friend have in common at their school?
(a) They were both Catholic.
(b) They were Evangelical.
(c) They were both Jewish.
(d) They were Christian.
4. What country is the other victim Hardy meets at the police station from?
5. Why did Lloyd's son lose his job?
(a) He never applied.
(b) He never passed the security check.
(c) He couldn't pass the language test.
(d) He was fire for leaking stories.
6. Who is Lloyd's wife having an affair with?
(a) A local artist.
(b) A co-worker.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A diplomat.
7. Where does Arthur work while at home?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In Pickle's former room.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In his bedroom.
8. Who is Arthur Gopal's immediate supervisor?
(d) Clint Oakley.
9. Where did Ott put the printing press?
(a) On the second floor.
(b) In the basement.
(c) On the first floor.
(d) On the third floor.
10. What is Lloyd not able to bring himself to do?
(a) Move back to New York.
(b) Ask his wife to pay the rent.
(c) Call in a favor with a friend.
(d) Leave his wife.
11. What does Clint Oakley talk about during the Christmas party?
(a) His job.
(b) His boat.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
12. What does Hardy conclude after finding what she found at Rory's place?
(a) That he was a serial thief.
(b) That he was in on the burglary.
(c) That he was a window repairman.
(d) That he was undercover.
13. Where does Ott live in 1954?
14. Who did Hardy ask for help in getting Rory a gig?
15. What does Arthur's wife protest against?
(a) Him turning Pickle's room into a study.
(b) His not leaving the country with her.
(c) Him not talking of Pickle
(d) Him starting to work again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur learn when he returns to work?
2. What did Ott die of?
3. What job is Okley given after the article runs?
4. Where did Herman settle after marrying?
5. Where does Rory live?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)