|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annika pressure Hardy to do?
(a) Marry Rory.
(b) Move to Ireland.
(c) Break up with Rory.
(d) Ask Rory to move with her.
2. What did Ott buy in 1954?
(a) A large house.
(b) Three floors of a building.
(c) An old newspaper.
(d) A five-story building.
3. What is Lloyd's first draft filled with?
(a) Spelling mistakes.
(b) Known facts.
(c) Vague quotes.
4. What does Clint Oakley talk about during the Christmas party?
(a) His job.
(b) His children.
(c) His boat.
(d) His wife.
5. Who did Hardy ask for help in getting Rory a gig?
6. Where did Herman's friend settle after his heart attack?
7. When did Herman's friend abandon the idea of being a writer?
(a) 15 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 30 years ago.
(d) 25 years ago.
8. Who is Arthur Gopal's managing editor?
(a) Clint Oakley.
9. What does Arthur learn when he returns to work?
(a) Gerda died.
(b) He is reasigned.
(c) He is demoted.
(d) Gerda was annoyed by him not finishing the interview.
10. What is Hardy Benjamin's position according to Chapter 3?
(a) Business reporter.
(d) Fashing reporter.
11. Who did Herman's friend have a scandalous affair with?
(a) A Roman artist.
(b) A Puerto Rican artist.
(c) A Mexican artist.
(d) An Italian artist.
12. Why does Hardy refuse to follow Annika's advice?
(a) She doesn't want to be alone.
(b) She is in love.
(c) She is not sure Annika has her best interest in mind.
(d) She wants to give him a chance.
13. Where does Gerda Erzberger live?
14. Where does Arthur work while at home?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In Pickle's former room.
15. Where does Lloyd go after learning of his son being without a job?
(a) Back home.
(b) To his son's old address.
(c) To the police.
(d) To his ex wife's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lloyd tell his son when he is meeting with his son?
2. What does Lloyd want to ask his son for?
3. What does Llyod spend his money on?
4. What did Herman's friend bring with him when he went and sleep in Herman's college dorm?
5. Where did Ott put the printing press?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)