|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police not allow Hardy to get her possessions back from the burglar?
(a) They are needed for the trial.
(b) They are broken.
(c) The other burglarized man is not present.
(d) They need to be fingerprinted.
2. What did Herman want from his friend in exchange for letting him pay for a meal?
(a) A weather forecast.
(b) A chapter of his book.
(c) An astrology prediction.
(d) An article for his journal.
3. Who is Arthur Gopal the son of?
(a) A famous book critic.
(b) A famous author.
(c) A famous publisher.
(d) A famous politican.
4. Where does Okley run Arthur's article?
(a) In the obituary section.
(b) On page 6.
(c) At the end of an article on the world's oldest living person.
(d) On the front page.
5. How long had Herman's friend's novel been in the making?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annika pressure Hardy to do?
2. Why is Gerda well known?
3. What does Lloyd's son agree to?
4. Where did Herman and his friend meet?
5. What is Hardy doing with Annika at the start of Chapter 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)