|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gerda when Arthur meets her?
(a) Still vigourusly fighting for women.
(b) Tired but content.
(c) Happy to still be alive.
(d) Bitter and full of regret.
2. Who is Arthur Gopal the son of?
(a) A famous book critic.
(b) A famous politican.
(c) A famous publisher.
(d) A famous author.
3. What does Hardy decide to do about Rory?
(a) Make him pay her back.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Make his life miserable.
4. When did Herman's friend abandon the idea of being a writer?
(a) 15 years ago.
(b) 25 years ago.
(c) 30 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
5. Where does Okley run Arthur's article?
(a) On page 6.
(b) In the obituary section.
(c) At the end of an article on the world's oldest living person.
(d) On the front page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lloyd discover about Jerome?
2. Who did Herman think would be a writer?
3. What does Arthur do after the article runs?
4. Where does Tom Rachman live at the start of Chapter 1?
5. Who does Lloyd's son work for?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)