|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Alexis Carrel when he invented the first technique for suturing blood vessels together?
2. What year was it when a group of researchers at the National Institutes of Health had proven the possibility of immortal cells using mouse cells?
3. In what year did Deborah Lacks marry James Pullum?
4. Who was the researcher at Johns Hopkins who showed Deborah her mother's cells?
(a) Christoph Lengauer.
(b) Roland Pattillo.
(c) Dr. Howard Jones.
(d) Walter Nelson-Rees.
5. Who was the gynecologist that examined Henrietta Lacks when she first went to Johns Hopkins Hospital to have the knot in her womb seen?
(a) Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde.
(b) Dr. Howard Jones.
(c) Dr. Roland Pattillo.
(d) Dr. William Scherer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the renowned geneticist that founded the world's first human genetics department at Johns Hopkins?
2. Who was the curator at the Smithsonian Museum of American History that invited the Lacks family to an event at the museum?
3. When was the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act passed in the United States?
4. When did George Papanicolaou publish a paper describing what is now known as the "Pap smear"?
5. What gift did Deborah give to Zakariyya when she took Rebecca to meet him in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 30?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)