|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who coerced Deborah to continue at an all-girls' school after she became pregnant with her first child?
2. On what date did the gynecologist from Johns Hopkins Hospital call and inform Henrietta Lacks that she had a malignant tumor?
(a) April 10, 1941.
(b) August 1, 1950.
(c) February 5, 1951.
(d) October 4, 1951.
3. How old was Dr. Howard Jones in 2009 when The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks went to press?
4. Who was the press officer at the NFIP that wrote to George Gey in 1953 to say that he intended to write a more detailed article about Henrietta Lacks once her name was revealed in the press?
(a) Ronald H. Berg.
(b) Charles Bynum.
(c) Harry Eagle.
(d) William Scherer.
5. When was the Belmont Report issued?
(a) July 9, 2000.
(b) September 30, 1978.
(c) September 29, 1970.
(d) October 11, 1996.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Micheal Rogers's article about the Lacks family published?
2. When was the Declaration of Helsinki originally adopted?
3. Rebecca Skloot says in the Afterword that in 1999, the RAND Corporation published a report that estimated "conservatively" that how many tissue samples were stored in the United States alone?
4. Who was the director of medicine at the Jewish Chronic Disease Hospital in Brooklyn in 1963?
5. Who is the director of the Institute for Science, Law and Technology at the Illinois Institute of Technology that is cited in the Afterword?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)