|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 33 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the population of Clover, Virginia, in 1998?
2. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
(a) Reverend Elmer.
(b) Reverend Thompson.
(c) Reverend Jackson.
(d) Reverend Wilson.
3. What was the first publication to name the woman behind the HeLa cells in 1953?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) Science magazine.
(c) The Minneapolis Star.
(d) Time magazine.
4. Who was Ethel's husband that sexually abused Deborah Lacks when she was a child?
5. On what date did Henrietta Lacks die?
(a) October 4, 1951.
(b) April 10, 1941.
(c) January 29, 1951.
(d) February 5, 1951.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the law go into effect that required IRB approval and informed consent for all federally funded research?
2. Who was the director of medicine at the Jewish Chronic Disease Hospital in Brooklyn in 1963?
3. When was Micheal Rogers's article about the Lacks family published?
4. Cervical carcinomas are divided into two types. What are these types?
5. The author says in Part Two: Death, Chapter 13 that George Gey took HeLa cells with him to the Far East in 1953 in order to study what disease?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)