|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 33 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cervical carcinomas are divided into two types. What are these types?
(a) Radiant and specialized.
(b) Internal and external.
(c) Sedentary and biological.
(d) Invasive and noninvasive.
2. The researcher at Johns Hopkins that showed Deborah her mother's cells explained to her that Henrietta's cancer developed due to what virus?
(a) Campoletis aprilis ichnovirus.
(b) Abelson murine leukemia virus.
(c) Abaca mosiac virus.
(d) Human papillomavirus.
3. On what date did Rebecca Skloot finally meet face-to-face with Deborah Lacks for the first time?
(a) October 11, 1996.
(b) January 3, 2002.
(c) August 1, 2001.
(d) July 9, 2000.
4. What extra chromosome appears in individuals with Down syndrome?
(a) Chromosome number 18.
(b) Chromosome number 2.
(c) Chromosome number 16.
(d) Chromosome number 21.
5. What was Paul Lurz's position at Crownsville Hospital Center when Deborah and Rebecca visited in search of past records?
(a) Director of virology.
(b) Director of performance and improvement.
(c) Director of medical ethics.
(d) Director of biological sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in Part Two: Death, Chapter 13 as "an essential part of science"?
2. Who was the curator at the Smithsonian Museum of American History that invited the Lacks family to an event at the museum?
3. Where was Roland Pattillo working as a professor of gynecology when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him regarding Henrietta Lacks?
4. Who was the renowned geneticist that founded the world's first human genetics department at Johns Hopkins?
5. The author states in the book that by the time Keenan Kester Cofield contacted the Lacks family, he was already banned from filing lawsuits in how many countries?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)