|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 33 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Human Genome Project begun?
2. What gift did Deborah give to Zakariyya when she took Rebecca to meet him in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 30?
(a) The rendering of a HeLa cell.
(b) A check for $1,000.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A plaque with their mother's name on it.
3. How many years in prison did Zakariyya serve of his sentence before he was released for his second-degree murder conviction?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 9 years.
4. What was the birth name of Henrietta Lacks's fifth child?
(a) Joseph Lacks.
(b) David Lacks.
(c) Tommy Lacks.
(d) Edgar Lacks.
5. How much money did David Lacks receive as settlement from a class-action lawsuit against a boiler manufacturer at Bethlehem Steel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Deborah's grandsons who came along when Deborah took Rebecca Skloot to meet Zakariyya?
2. What comparison did the researcher at Johns Hopkins make for a person's cells and their rights to a portion of the profits for those cells in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
3. What was listed as the official cause of Henrietta Lacks's death?
4. Who was the judge that oversaw John Moore's initial case against UCLA?
5. What illness did Hector Henry suffer from during his childhood?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)