|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 33 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was Lawrence Lacks drafted into after lying about his age to get into pool halls?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Afghanistan War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. In what year did the U.S. Supreme Court rule on the case of Ananda Mohan Chakrabarty?
3. The author says in Part Two: Death, Chapter 13 that George Gey took HeLa cells with him to the Far East in 1953 in order to study what disease?
(b) Hemorrhagic fever.
4. What was the nickname of Henrietta's cousin that tried to kill himself when he found out that Henrietta was marrying David?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(b) Jumpin' Joe.
(c) Wild Willy.
5. What did Joe Lacks change his name to after he converted to Islam in prison?
(a) Zakariyya Bari Abdul Rahman.
(b) Ayman al-Zawahiri.
(c) Johnny Pleasant.
(d) Andrew Robertson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paul Lurz's position at Crownsville Hospital Center when Deborah and Rebecca visited in search of past records?
2. What was Henrietta Lacks's name at birth?
3. Which of Henrietta Lacks's children did not attend her funeral or know she'd died, according to the author in Part Two: Death, Chapter 12?
4. Who was the director of medicine at the Jewish Chronic Disease Hospital in Brooklyn in 1963?
5. Who was the gynecologist that examined Henrietta Lacks when she first went to Johns Hopkins Hospital to have the knot in her womb seen?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)