|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 28 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Deborah give to Zakariyya when she took Rebecca to meet him in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 30?
(a) The rendering of a HeLa cell.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A plaque with their mother's name on it.
(d) A check for $1,000.
2. What comparison did the researcher at Johns Hopkins make for a person's cells and their rights to a portion of the profits for those cells in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
(a) He compared cells to oil.
(b) He compared cells to food.
(c) He compared cells to sand.
(d) He compared cells to water.
3. How old did Roland Pattillo say that Henrietta Lacks's husband was now, when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him to discuss Henrietta?
4. Who came with Deborah to Johns Hopkins to see Henrietta Lacks's cells?
5. What does "ATCC" stand for in reference to the federal cell bank established by Lewis Coriell and others?
(a) American Technical Control Center.
(b) The American Type Culture Collection.
(c) Arterial Tissue and Culture Collective.
(d) American Technological Culture Containment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
2. When Deborah took Rebecca Skloot to meet her brother Zakariyya, she reminded her that she should never make the mistake of calling him by what name?
3. On what date did Rebecca Skloot finally meet face-to-face with Deborah Lacks for the first time?
4. Who were the two British scientists that fused HeLa cells with mouse cells, creating the first human-animal hybrids?
5. What does "HIPAA" represent?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)