|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 28 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was listed as the official cause of Henrietta Lacks's death?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Grand mal seizure.
(c) Terminal uremia.
2. When was the Human Genome Project declared complete?
3. Where did Chester Southam advertise for medical research volunteers in May of 1956?
(a) Rutgers University newsletter.
(b) The Ohio State Penitentiary newsletter.
(c) The New York Times classifieds.
(d) Sing Sing Prison newsletter.
4. Who came with Deborah to Johns Hopkins to see Henrietta Lacks's cells?
5. Who was the president of the Henrietta Lacks Health History Museum Foundation, Inc., that was established in Turner Station?
(a) Roland Pattillo.
(b) Courtney Speed.
(c) Michael Rogers.
(d) Joseph Lacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Michael Rogers that Henrietta Lacks was actually the name of the patient whose cells became known as HeLa cells?
2. The first time that live human cells were ever shipped via the U.S. Postal Service was when George Gey mailed HeLa cells to whom?
3. How old was Henrietta when she gave birth to her first child?
4. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
5. Who were the two British scientists that fused HeLa cells with mouse cells, creating the first human-animal hybrids?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)