|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 28 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says in Part Two: Death, Chapter 13 that George Gey took HeLa cells with him to the Far East in 1953 in order to study what disease?
(c) Hemorrhagic fever.
2. What did Joe Lacks change his name to after he converted to Islam in prison?
(a) Andrew Robertson.
(b) Johnny Pleasant.
(c) Ayman al-Zawahiri.
(d) Zakariyya Bari Abdul Rahman.
3. When were HeLa cells fused with mouse cells to create the first animal-human hybrid cells?
4. How old was Henrietta when she gave birth to her first child?
5. What was the name of the BBC documentary that Courtney Speed borrowed from the library to show to Rebecca Skloot when she visited Turner Station?
(a) Man, the Unknown.
(b) An Error of Cells.
(c) The Way of All Flesh.
(d) HeLa: Woman Behind the Mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "ATCC" stand for in reference to the federal cell bank established by Lewis Coriell and others?
2. In what year did the term "informed consent" first appear in court documents regarding the case of patient Martin Salgo?
3. What was the central reason that the HeLa factory was developed?
4. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
5. Who came with Deborah to Johns Hopkins to see Henrietta Lacks's cells?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)