|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 17 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the central reason that the HeLa factory was developed?
(a) To fight cancer.
(b) To fight syphilis.
(c) To fight epilepsy.
(d) To fight polio.
2. What was listed as the official cause of Henrietta Lacks's death?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Grand mal seizure.
(d) Terminal uremia.
3. How did Joe Lacks murder Eldridge Lee Ivy?
(a) He shot him.
(b) He stabbed him.
(c) He strangled him.
(d) He hit him in his car.
4. Who was the gynecologist that examined Henrietta Lacks when she first went to Johns Hopkins Hospital to have the knot in her womb seen?
(a) Dr. Howard Jones.
(b) Dr. William Scherer.
(c) Dr. Roland Pattillo.
(d) Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde.
5. Who was Henrietta's grandfather that raised her after her mother died?
(a) William Lacks.
(b) Tommy Lacks.
(c) David Lacks.
(d) Johnny Pleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the birth name of Henrietta Lacks's fifth child?
2. On what date did Henrietta marry David Lacks?
3. How old was Lawrence when he an Bobbette moved in together?
4. Where did Chester Southam advertise for medical research volunteers in May of 1956?
5. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)