|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 17 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
(a) Fred Garret.
(b) Tommy Lacks.
(c) Johnny Pleasant.
(d) Joseph Lacks.
2. Who was the director of "Negro Activities" for the Tuskegee Institute when the HeLa Distribution Center was developed?
(a) William Scherer.
(b) Roland Pattillo.
(c) Michael Rogers.
(d) Charles Bynum.
3. What was Henrietta Lacks's name at birth?
(a) Loretta Pleasant.
(b) Henrietta Pleasant.
(c) Wilma Anderson.
(d) Helen Lane.
4. What was Hector Henry's nickname that he introduced himself as to Rebecca Skloot in Part One: Life, Chapter 10?
5. Where was Roland Pattillo working as a professor of gynecology when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him regarding Henrietta Lacks?
(a) Morehouse School of Medicine.
(b) Harvard School of Medicine.
(c) Sewanee School of Medicine.
(d) UCLA School of Medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Deborah Lacks's first child?
2. How did Joe Lacks murder Eldridge Lee Ivy?
3. What was the first publication to name the woman behind the HeLa cells in 1953?
4. What was the central reason that the HeLa factory was developed?
5. What nickname did Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde have at John's Hopkins in the 1950s?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)