|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 17 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cervical carcinomas are divided into two types. What are these types?
(a) Sedentary and biological.
(b) Invasive and noninvasive.
(c) Radiant and specialized.
(d) Internal and external.
2. How many points compose the code of ethics known as the Nuremberg Code?
3. Who were the two British scientists that fused HeLa cells with mouse cells, creating the first human-animal hybrids?
(a) Alexis Carrel and Jonas Salk.
(b) Henry Harris and John Watkins.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Roland Pattillo and Michael Rogers.
4. What best-selling book did Alexis Carrel publish that criticized an "error" in the U.S. Constitution of equality for all people?
(a) Man, the Unknown.
(b) Man and Superman.
(c) Lights Out.
(d) An Error of Cells.
5. What date was inscribed to indicate when Henrietta's mother died on her tombstone?
(a) January 17, 1912.
(b) October 28, 1924.
(c) April 10, 1941.
(d) August 1, 1920.
Short Answer Questions
1. What extra chromosome appears in individuals with Down syndrome?
2. For how long was Chester Southam's medical license suspended due to "fraud or deceit and unprofessional conduct in the practice of medicine" after he'd injected unknowing patients with cancer cells?
3. What was the nickname of Henrietta's cousin that tried to kill himself when he found out that Henrietta was marrying David?
4. When did the Tuskegee syphilis study begin, as described by the author in Part One: Life, Chapter 6?
5. How old was Alexis Carrel when he invented the first technique for suturing blood vessels together?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)