|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 17 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the press officer at the NFIP that wrote to George Gey in 1953 to say that he intended to write a more detailed article about Henrietta Lacks once her name was revealed in the press?
(a) Harry Eagle.
(b) Charles Bynum.
(c) Ronald H. Berg.
(d) William Scherer.
2. What does "ATCC" stand for in reference to the federal cell bank established by Lewis Coriell and others?
(a) Arterial Tissue and Culture Collective.
(b) American Technological Culture Containment.
(c) The American Type Culture Collection.
(d) American Technical Control Center.
3. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
(a) Reverend Elmer.
(b) Reverend Thompson.
(c) Reverend Wilson.
(d) Reverend Jackson.
4. What radio horror show in the 1930s related the fictional story of a Dr. Alberts who created an immortal chicken heart that overcame the earth?
(a) Lights Out.
(b) No Exit.
(c) Lost Souls.
5. When did Alexis Carrel grow an "immortal chicken heart"?
(a) April 10, 1926.
(b) August 1, 1920.
(c) January 29, 1951.
(d) January 17, 1912.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best-selling book did Alexis Carrel publish that criticized an "error" in the U.S. Constitution of equality for all people?
2. What war was Lawrence Lacks drafted into after lying about his age to get into pool halls?
3. How many chromosomes are contained in a human cell?
4. Where was researcher Chester Southam the chief virologist in 1954 when he began injecting cancer patients with HeLa cells?
5. Who wrote the 1976 Rolling Stone article about the Lackses?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)