|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 17 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the press officer at the NFIP that wrote to George Gey in 1953 to say that he intended to write a more detailed article about Henrietta Lacks once her name was revealed in the press?
(a) Harry Eagle.
(b) Ronald H. Berg.
(c) Charles Bynum.
(d) William Scherer.
2. What nickname did Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde have at John's Hopkins in the 1950s?
(b) Father Richard.
(c) Uncle Dick.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
3. How many people does Rebecca Skloot estimate that Chester Southam injected with living cancer cells during his career?
(a) About 300 people.
(b) Over 800 people.
(c) Over 600 people.
(d) About 200 people.
4. Who was Ethel's husband that sexually abused Deborah Lacks when she was a child?
5. Who dug Henrietta's grave in Clover?
(a) Walter and Jimmy.
(b) Fred and Cliff.
(c) Tommy and David.
(d) Johnny and Cootie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were HeLa cells fused with mouse cells to create the first animal-human hybrid cells?
2. How many points compose the code of ethics known as the Nuremberg Code?
3. How old was Alexis Carrel when he invented the first technique for suturing blood vessels together?
4. What was the name of the BBC documentary that Courtney Speed borrowed from the library to show to Rebecca Skloot when she visited Turner Station?
5. How old was Henrietta Lacks when she became pregnant with her fifth child?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)