|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 17 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Deborah Lacks when Rebecca Skloot first called her to talk about her mother?
(a) Almost 60.
(b) Almost 40.
(c) Almost 50.
(d) Almost 30.
2. Which of Henrietta Lacks's children did not attend her funeral or know she'd died, according to the author in Part Two: Death, Chapter 12?
(a) Lawrence Lacks.
(b) Cliff Lacks.
(c) Elsie Lacks.
(d) Fred Lacks.
3. On what date did Henrietta marry David Lacks?
(a) February 5, 1951.
(b) January 29, 1945.
(c) October 4, 1951.
(d) April 10, 1941.
4. Who was Henrietta's grandfather that raised her after her mother died?
(a) Johnny Pleasant.
(b) David Lacks.
(c) William Lacks.
(d) Tommy Lacks.
5. What date was inscribed to indicate when Henrietta's mother died on her tombstone?
(a) April 10, 1941.
(b) October 28, 1924.
(c) January 17, 1912.
(d) August 1, 1920.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the U.S.-led international war tribunal at Nuremberg sentence seven Nazi doctors to death for conducting unthinkable research on Jews without consent?
2. What does "ATCC" stand for in reference to the federal cell bank established by Lewis Coriell and others?
3. What nickname did Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde have at John's Hopkins in the 1950s?
4. What did Joe Lacks change his name to after he converted to Islam in prison?
5. What was Hector Henry's nickname that he introduced himself as to Rebecca Skloot in Part One: Life, Chapter 10?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)