|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 12 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Henrietta Lacks's father?
(a) Tommy Lacks.
(b) David Lacks.
(c) William Lacks.
(d) Johnny Pleasant.
2. Who discovered radium and its ability to destroy cancer cells?
(a) Alexis Carrel.
(b) Jonas Salk.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Sir Isaac Newton.
3. Where did Rebecca Skloot travel to in order to meet David "Sonny" Lacks Jr. in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
4. How old was Alexis Carrel when he invented the first technique for suturing blood vessels together?
5. What researcher at the NIH used HeLa cells to develop the first standardized culture medium that could be made by the gallon and shipped ready to use?
(a) Charles Bynum.
(b) Roland Pattillo.
(c) Harry Eagle.
(d) Roland Pattillo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What extra chromosome appears in individuals with Down syndrome?
2. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
3. When was Henrietta Lacks born?
4. Who wrote the 1976 Rolling Stone article about the Lackses?
5. When was Alexis Carrel awarded the Nobel Prize for his blood-vessel-suturing technique?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)