|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 12 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Henrietta Lacks die?
(a) February 5, 1951.
(b) October 4, 1951.
(c) January 29, 1951.
(d) April 10, 1941.
2. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
(a) Joseph Lacks.
(b) Fred Garret.
(c) Tommy Lacks.
(d) Johnny Pleasant.
3. What was the name of Henrietta Lacks's father?
(a) David Lacks.
(b) William Lacks.
(c) Johnny Pleasant.
(d) Tommy Lacks.
4. Who discovered radium and its ability to destroy cancer cells?
(a) Jonas Salk.
(b) Sir Isaac Newton.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Alexis Carrel.
5. What was the birth name of Henrietta Lacks's fifth child?
(a) Tommy Lacks.
(b) David Lacks.
(c) Joseph Lacks.
(d) Edgar Lacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image did Mary Kubicek describe to the author as having instilled in her the realization that Henrietta Lacks was "a real person" in Part Two: Death, Chapter 12?
2. What extra chromosome appears in individuals with Down syndrome?
3. When was Alexis Carrel awarded the Nobel Prize for his blood-vessel-suturing technique?
4. How old did Roland Pattillo say that Henrietta Lacks's husband was now, when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him to discuss Henrietta?
5. What was the name of the pathologist who performed the autopsy on Henrietta Lacks?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)