|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 12 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. President created the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Grover Cleveland.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
(a) Reverend Jackson.
(b) Reverend Elmer.
(c) Reverend Thompson.
(d) Reverend Wilson.
3. What was the name of the BBC documentary that Courtney Speed borrowed from the library to show to Rebecca Skloot when she visited Turner Station?
(a) An Error of Cells.
(b) Man, the Unknown.
(c) The Way of All Flesh.
(d) HeLa: Woman Behind the Mask.
4. Who were Henrietta's cousins that she first told about the knot she felt in her womb, prior to her visit to the hospital?
(a) Joe and Fred.
(b) Sadie and Margaret.
(c) Tommy and Sarah.
(d) Cliff and Cootie.
5. When was Henrietta Lacks born?
(a) October 4, 1925.
(b) April 10, 1941.
(c) January 17, 1919.
(d) August 1, 1920.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it when a group of researchers at the National Institutes of Health had proven the possibility of immortal cells using mouse cells?
2. What radio horror show in the 1930s related the fictional story of a Dr. Alberts who created an immortal chicken heart that overcame the earth?
3. Where did Rebecca Skloot travel to in order to meet David "Sonny" Lacks Jr. in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
4. On what date did Henrietta Lacks die?
5. What was the name of Henrietta Lacks's father?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)