|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 12 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Henrietta Lacks's children did not attend her funeral or know she'd died, according to the author in Part Two: Death, Chapter 12?
(a) Elsie Lacks.
(b) Fred Lacks.
(c) Cliff Lacks.
(d) Lawrence Lacks.
2. What was the first publication to name the woman behind the HeLa cells in 1953?
(a) Time magazine.
(b) Science magazine.
(c) The Minneapolis Star.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
3. Who was the press officer at the NFIP that wrote to George Gey in 1953 to say that he intended to write a more detailed article about Henrietta Lacks once her name was revealed in the press?
(a) Ronald H. Berg.
(b) Charles Bynum.
(c) William Scherer.
(d) Harry Eagle.
4. What was listed as the official cause of Henrietta Lacks's death?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Terminal uremia.
(d) Grand mal seizure.
5. What extra chromosome appears in individuals with Down syndrome?
(a) Chromosome number 16.
(b) Chromosome number 18.
(c) Chromosome number 2.
(d) Chromosome number 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dug Henrietta's grave in Clover?
2. Who were the business partners that owned Microbiological Associates in the 1950s?
3. Where was Roland Pattillo working as a professor of gynecology when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him regarding Henrietta Lacks?
4. When was Alexis Carrel awarded the Nobel Prize for his blood-vessel-suturing technique?
5. What disease nearly killed Henrietta's youngest son Joe not long after her death?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)