|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 12 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the BBC documentary that Courtney Speed borrowed from the library to show to Rebecca Skloot when she visited Turner Station?
(a) HeLa: Woman Behind the Mask.
(b) The Way of All Flesh.
(c) Man, the Unknown.
(d) An Error of Cells.
2. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
(a) Reverend Thompson.
(b) Reverend Jackson.
(c) Reverend Elmer.
(d) Reverend Wilson.
3. Who wrote the 1976 Rolling Stone article about the Lackses?
(a) Roland Pattillo.
(b) Michael Rogers.
(c) Fred Garret.
(d) Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde.
4. How many chromosomes are contained in a human cell?
5. What year was it when a group of researchers at the National Institutes of Health had proven the possibility of immortal cells using mouse cells?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the gynecologist from Johns Hopkins Hospital call and inform Henrietta Lacks that she had a malignant tumor?
2. Who discovered radium and its ability to destroy cancer cells?
3. What radio horror show in the 1930s related the fictional story of a Dr. Alberts who created an immortal chicken heart that overcame the earth?
4. What was the nickname of Henrietta's cousin that tried to kill himself when he found out that Henrietta was marrying David?
5. When did Alexis Carrel grow an "immortal chicken heart"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)