|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 12 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease nearly killed Henrietta's youngest son Joe not long after her death?
(a) Scarlet fever.
2. Who dug Henrietta's grave in Clover?
(a) Fred and Cliff.
(b) Tommy and David.
(c) Johnny and Cootie.
(d) Walter and Jimmy.
3. Cervical carcinomas are divided into two types. What are these types?
(a) Radiant and specialized.
(b) Sedentary and biological.
(c) Internal and external.
(d) Invasive and noninvasive.
4. What illness did Hector Henry suffer from during his childhood?
5. On what date did the gynecologist from Johns Hopkins Hospital call and inform Henrietta Lacks that she had a malignant tumor?
(a) October 4, 1951.
(b) April 10, 1941.
(c) August 1, 1950.
(d) February 5, 1951.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did George Papanicolaou publish a paper describing what is now known as the "Pap smear"?
2. What was the central reason that the HeLa factory was developed?
3. What term refers to the belief and practice which aims at improving the genetic quality of the human population through selective reproduction?
4. What extra chromosome appears in individuals with Down syndrome?
5. When was Henrietta Lacks born?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)