|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Life - Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovered radium and its ability to destroy cancer cells?
(a) Jonas Salk.
(b) Alexis Carrel.
(c) Marie and Pierre Curie.
(d) Sir Isaac Newton.
2. Cervical carcinomas are divided into two types. What are these types?
(a) Radiant and specialized.
(b) Invasive and noninvasive.
(c) Internal and external.
(d) Sedentary and biological.
3. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
(a) Johnny Pleasant.
(b) Fred Garret.
(c) Joseph Lacks.
(d) Tommy Lacks.
4. On what date did Henrietta Lacks die?
(a) February 5, 1951.
(b) April 10, 1941.
(c) October 4, 1951.
(d) January 29, 1951.
5. When did Alexis Carrel grow an "immortal chicken heart"?
(a) August 1, 1920.
(b) April 10, 1926.
(c) January 29, 1951.
(d) January 17, 1912.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Henrietta live with her grandfather growing up after her mother died?
2. How old did Roland Pattillo say that Henrietta Lacks's husband was now, when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him to discuss Henrietta?
3. How old was Henrietta Lacks's epileptic daughter when she died?
4. Who wrote the 1976 Rolling Stone article about the Lackses?
5. What was the name of the BBC documentary that Courtney Speed borrowed from the library to show to Rebecca Skloot when she visited Turner Station?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)