|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Life - Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the gynecologist that examined Henrietta Lacks when she first went to Johns Hopkins Hospital to have the knot in her womb seen?
(a) Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde.
(b) Dr. Howard Jones.
(c) Dr. William Scherer.
(d) Dr. Roland Pattillo.
2. How old was Henrietta when she gave birth to her first child?
3. Cervical carcinomas are divided into two types. What are these types?
(a) Internal and external.
(b) Radiant and specialized.
(c) Invasive and noninvasive.
(d) Sedentary and biological.
4. What was Hector Henry's nickname that he introduced himself as to Rebecca Skloot in Part One: Life, Chapter 10?
5. What was the birth name of Henrietta Lacks's fifth child?
(a) Edgar Lacks.
(b) David Lacks.
(c) Joseph Lacks.
(d) Tommy Lacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Alexis Carrel awarded the Nobel Prize for his blood-vessel-suturing technique?
2. What was the nickname of Henrietta's cousin that tried to kill himself when he found out that Henrietta was marrying David?
3. Where was Henrietta Lacks born?
4. What nickname did Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde have at John's Hopkins in the 1950s?
5. On what date did the gynecologist from Johns Hopkins Hospital call and inform Henrietta Lacks that she had a malignant tumor?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)