|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Life - Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
(a) Reverend Wilson.
(b) Reverend Jackson.
(c) Reverend Thompson.
(d) Reverend Elmer.
2. What was the nickname of Henrietta's cousin that tried to kill himself when he found out that Henrietta was marrying David?
(b) Wild Willy.
(c) Jumpin' Joe.
(d) Crazy Joe.
3. What best-selling book did Alexis Carrel publish that criticized an "error" in the U.S. Constitution of equality for all people?
(a) An Error of Cells.
(b) Man and Superman.
(c) Man, the Unknown.
(d) Lights Out.
4. Alexis Carrel died while he was awaiting trial for what crime?
(a) Fraud and negligence.
(b) Impersonating a medical professional.
(c) Collaborating with the Nazis.
5. What was the name of Henrietta Lacks's father?
(a) William Lacks.
(b) Tommy Lacks.
(c) Johnny Pleasant.
(d) David Lacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Henrietta's grandfather that raised her after her mother died?
2. What was Hector Henry's nickname that he introduced himself as to Rebecca Skloot in Part One: Life, Chapter 10?
3. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
4. Where was Henrietta Lacks born?
5. How old did Roland Pattillo say that Henrietta Lacks's husband was now, when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him to discuss Henrietta?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)