|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Life - Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the BBC documentary that Courtney Speed borrowed from the library to show to Rebecca Skloot when she visited Turner Station?
(a) Man, the Unknown.
(b) An Error of Cells.
(c) The Way of All Flesh.
(d) HeLa: Woman Behind the Mask.
2. Who were Henrietta's cousins that she first told about the knot she felt in her womb, prior to her visit to the hospital?
(a) Tommy and Sarah.
(b) Cliff and Cootie.
(c) Joe and Fred.
(d) Sadie and Margaret.
3. How old was Henrietta Lacks's epileptic daughter when she died?
4. Who wrote the 1976 Rolling Stone article about the Lackses?
(a) Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde.
(b) Fred Garret.
(c) Roland Pattillo.
(d) Michael Rogers.
5. How old was Henrietta Lacks when she became pregnant with her fifth child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the gynecologist that examined Henrietta Lacks when she first went to Johns Hopkins Hospital to have the knot in her womb seen?
2. Where did Henrietta live with her grandfather growing up after her mother died?
3. When did Alexis Carrel grow an "immortal chicken heart"?
4. What year was it when a group of researchers at the National Institutes of Health had proven the possibility of immortal cells using mouse cells?
5. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)