|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Life - Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Henrietta Lacks born?
(a) October 4, 1925.
(b) August 1, 1920.
(c) January 17, 1919.
(d) April 10, 1941.
2. When was Johns Hopkins Hospital founded?
3. How old was Henrietta Lacks when she became pregnant with her fifth child?
4. When was Alexis Carrel awarded the Nobel Prize for his blood-vessel-suturing technique?
5. What nickname did Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde have at John's Hopkins in the 1950s?
(a) Uncle Dick.
(b) Father Richard.
(c) Bugs Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of Henrietta's cousin that tried to kill himself when he found out that Henrietta was marrying David?
2. What nickname did Deborah Lacks have within her family?
3. Who was Henrietta's grandfather that raised her after her mother died?
4. Where was Roland Pattillo working as a professor of gynecology when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him regarding Henrietta Lacks?
5. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)