|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Life - Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexis Carrel died while he was awaiting trial for what crime?
(a) Fraud and negligence.
(c) Collaborating with the Nazis.
(d) Impersonating a medical professional.
2. What best-selling book did Alexis Carrel publish that criticized an "error" in the U.S. Constitution of equality for all people?
(a) Man, the Unknown.
(b) An Error of Cells.
(c) Lights Out.
(d) Man and Superman.
3. When was Johns Hopkins Hospital founded?
4. When did George Papanicolaou publish a paper describing what is now known as the "Pap smear"?
5. What was the population of Clover, Virginia, in 1998?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Henrietta's grandfather that raised her after her mother died?
2. On what date did the gynecologist from Johns Hopkins Hospital call and inform Henrietta Lacks that she had a malignant tumor?
3. How old was Alexis Carrel when he invented the first technique for suturing blood vessels together?
4. Who was the gynecologist that examined Henrietta Lacks when she first went to Johns Hopkins Hospital to have the knot in her womb seen?
5. What was the name of Henrietta Lacks's father?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)