|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 33 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rebecca Skloot travel to in order to meet David "Sonny" Lacks Jr. in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
2. Cervical carcinomas are divided into two types. What are these types?
(a) Internal and external.
(b) Sedentary and biological.
(c) Radiant and specialized.
(d) Invasive and noninvasive.
3. Where did Chester Southam advertise for medical research volunteers in May of 1956?
(a) Sing Sing Prison newsletter.
(b) The New York Times classifieds.
(c) The Ohio State Penitentiary newsletter.
(d) Rutgers University newsletter.
4. What date was inscribed to indicate when Henrietta's mother died on her tombstone?
(a) August 1, 1920.
(b) January 17, 1912.
(c) April 10, 1941.
(d) October 28, 1924.
5. What sentence was Joe Lacks given for the second-degree murder of Eldridge Lee Ivy?
(a) 15 years in prison.
(b) 5 years in prison.
(c) 10 years in prison.
(d) 30 years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joe Lacks change his name to after he converted to Islam in prison?
2. When did the U.S.-led international war tribunal at Nuremberg sentence seven Nazi doctors to death for conducting unthinkable research on Jews without consent?
3. On what date did Henrietta marry David Lacks?
4. What did the doctor determine when Deborah saw him after her trip to clover in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 37?
5. Who were the business partners that owned Microbiological Associates in the 1950s?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)