|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 33 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The researcher at Johns Hopkins that showed Deborah her mother's cells explained to her that Henrietta's cancer developed due to what virus?
(a) Human papillomavirus.
(b) Abaca mosiac virus.
(c) Abelson murine leukemia virus.
(d) Campoletis aprilis ichnovirus.
2. Who dug Henrietta's grave in Clover?
(a) Tommy and David.
(b) Johnny and Cootie.
(c) Walter and Jimmy.
(d) Fred and Cliff.
3. What was the name of the pathologist who performed the autopsy on Henrietta Lacks?
(a) Dr. Wilbur.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Gey.
(d) Dr. Rogers.
4. On what date did Rebecca Skloot finally meet face-to-face with Deborah Lacks for the first time?
(a) January 3, 2002.
(b) October 11, 1996.
(c) August 1, 2001.
(d) July 9, 2000.
5. What sentence was Joe Lacks given for the second-degree murder of Eldridge Lee Ivy?
(a) 15 years in prison.
(b) 30 years in prison.
(c) 10 years in prison.
(d) 5 years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Henrietta Lacks's children did not attend her funeral or know she'd died, according to the author in Part Two: Death, Chapter 12?
2. What realization did Deborah make when speaking with the researcher at Johns Hopkins in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
3. Who were the two British scientists that fused HeLa cells with mouse cells, creating the first human-animal hybrids?
4. What war was Lawrence Lacks drafted into after lying about his age to get into pool halls?
5. Who was the president of the National Foundation for Cancer Research in 2001?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)