|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Death – Chapters 12 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was listed as the official cause of Henrietta Lacks's death?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Grand mal seizure.
(d) Terminal uremia.
2. How old did Roland Pattillo say that Henrietta Lacks's husband was now, when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him to discuss Henrietta?
3. How old was Deborah Lacks when Rebecca Skloot first called her to talk about her mother?
(a) Almost 50.
(b) Almost 40.
(c) Almost 60.
(d) Almost 30.
4. Where was Henrietta Lacks born?
(a) Brooklyn, New York.
(b) Roanoke, Virginia.
(c) Plainfield, New Jersey.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. On what date did Henrietta Lacks die?
(a) April 10, 1941.
(b) October 4, 1951.
(c) January 29, 1951.
(d) February 5, 1951.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first publication to name the woman behind the HeLa cells in 1953?
2. What year was it when a group of researchers at the National Institutes of Health had proven the possibility of immortal cells using mouse cells?
3. When was Alexis Carrel awarded the Nobel Prize for his blood-vessel-suturing technique?
4. Who was the director of "Negro Activities" for the Tuskegee Institute when the HeLa Distribution Center was developed?
5. How many chromosomes are contained in a human cell?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)