|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 23 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dug Henrietta's grave in Clover?
(a) Johnny and Cootie.
(b) Walter and Jimmy.
(c) Fred and Cliff.
(d) Tommy and David.
2. In what year did the term "informed consent" first appear in court documents regarding the case of patient Martin Salgo?
3. Where did Rebecca Skloot travel to in order to meet David "Sonny" Lacks Jr. in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
4. When did Joe Lacks turn himself into the police for the murder of Eldridge Lee Ivy?
(a) February 5, 1951.
(b) October 4, 1969.
(c) September 29, 1970.
(d) August 20, 1972.
5. Who was the renowned geneticist that founded the world's first human genetics department at Johns Hopkins?
(a) William Scherer.
(b) Victor McKusick.
(c) Charles Bynum.
(d) George Gey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old did Roland Pattillo say that Henrietta Lacks's husband was now, when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him to discuss Henrietta?
2. What sentence was Joe Lacks given for the second-degree murder of Eldridge Lee Ivy?
3. When did the U.S.-led international war tribunal at Nuremberg sentence seven Nazi doctors to death for conducting unthinkable research on Jews without consent?
4. Who was the director of medicine at the Jewish Chronic Disease Hospital in Brooklyn in 1963?
5. How many years in prison did Zakariyya serve of his sentence before he was released for his second-degree murder conviction?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)