|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 23 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the BBC documentary that Courtney Speed borrowed from the library to show to Rebecca Skloot when she visited Turner Station?
(a) An Error of Cells.
(b) HeLa: Woman Behind the Mask.
(c) The Way of All Flesh.
(d) Man, the Unknown.
2. What illness did Hector Henry suffer from during his childhood?
3. What was listed as the official cause of Henrietta Lacks's death?
(a) Grand mal seizure.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Terminal uremia.
4. What year was it when a group of researchers at the National Institutes of Health had proven the possibility of immortal cells using mouse cells?
5. When did the U.S.-led international war tribunal at Nuremberg sentence seven Nazi doctors to death for conducting unthinkable research on Jews without consent?
(a) August 20, 1947.
(b) April 10, 1941.
(c) February 5, 1951.
(d) January 29, 1951.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lawrence when he an Bobbette moved in together?
2. How old was Deborah Lacks when Rebecca Skloot first called her to talk about her mother?
3. How old was Henrietta Lacks's epileptic daughter when she died?
4. Who discovered radium and its ability to destroy cancer cells?
5. The author says in Part Two: Death, Chapter 13 that George Gey took HeLa cells with him to the Far East in 1953 in order to study what disease?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)