|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 23 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much blood did Henrietta's cousin Emmett and his friends donate when they heard Henrietta was in need of transfusions at the hospital?
(a) 8 pints.
(b) 5 pints.
(c) 2 pints.
(d) 10 pints.
2. When did the Tuskegee syphilis study begin, as described by the author in Part One: Life, Chapter 6?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1880s.
(d) The 1930s.
3. In what year did the term "informed consent" first appear in court documents regarding the case of patient Martin Salgo?
4. How old was Henrietta Lacks's epileptic daughter when she died?
5. In what year did Deborah Lacks marry James Pullum?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Henrietta Lacks first go to Johns Hopkins to have the knot in her womb examined?
2. Who told Michael Rogers that Henrietta Lacks was actually the name of the patient whose cells became known as HeLa cells?
3. What term refers to the belief and practice which aims at improving the genetic quality of the human population through selective reproduction?
4. Who was Ethel's husband that sexually abused Deborah Lacks when she was a child?
5. How old did Roland Pattillo say that Henrietta Lacks's husband was now, when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him to discuss Henrietta?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)