|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 23 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Henrietta when she gave birth to her first child?
2. Who was the judge that oversaw John Moore's initial case against UCLA?
(a) Judge Emanuel Mandel.
(b) Judge Joseph Wapner.
(c) Judge Howard Jones.
(d) Judge Henry Beecher.
3. What discovery did the researchers make after sending HeLa cells into space in the 1960s?
(a) The cancer cells died in space.
(b) The cancer cells exploded in space.
(c) The cancer cells transformed into noncancerous cells in space.
(d) The cancer cells began dividing more quickly with each trip into space.
4. Where was researcher Chester Southam the chief virologist in 1954 when he began injecting cancer patients with HeLa cells?
(a) The Harvard School of Medicine Center for Cancer Research.
(b) The Johns Hopkins Center for Cancer Research.
(c) Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research.
(d) The MIT Center for Cancer Research.
5. Who dug Henrietta's grave in Clover?
(a) Johnny and Cootie.
(b) Fred and Cliff.
(c) Tommy and David.
(d) Walter and Jimmy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "ATCC" stand for in reference to the federal cell bank established by Lewis Coriell and others?
2. What was the nickname of Henrietta's cousin that tried to kill himself when he found out that Henrietta was marrying David?
3. When was Henrietta Lacks born?
4. For how long was Chester Southam's medical license suspended due to "fraud or deceit and unprofessional conduct in the practice of medicine" after he'd injected unknowing patients with cancer cells?
5. Who was the director of medicine at the Jewish Chronic Disease Hospital in Brooklyn in 1963?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)