|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 23 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Henrietta Lacks's epileptic daughter when she died?
2. How old was Alexis Carrel when he invented the first technique for suturing blood vessels together?
3. Where was Roland Pattillo working as a professor of gynecology when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him regarding Henrietta Lacks?
(a) Sewanee School of Medicine.
(b) Morehouse School of Medicine.
(c) Harvard School of Medicine.
(d) UCLA School of Medicine.
4. What nickname did Dr. Richard Wesley TeLinde have at John's Hopkins in the 1950s?
(a) Uncle Dick.
(b) Father Richard.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
5. What was Hector Henry's nickname that he introduced himself as to Rebecca Skloot in Part One: Life, Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bobbette employed when she learned about Henrietta's connection to HeLa cells from Gardenia's brother-in-law?
2. When was Johns Hopkins Hospital founded?
3. When did Alexis Carrel grow an "immortal chicken heart"?
4. Who was the cancer researcher at UCLA that removed John Moore's spleen?
5. Who was David and Henrietta's cousin that convinced David to look for work in the steel industry in Baltimore in 1941?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)