|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 28 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the researcher at Johns Hopkins who showed Deborah her mother's cells?
(a) Christoph Lengauer.
(b) Walter Nelson-Rees.
(c) Dr. Howard Jones.
(d) Roland Pattillo.
2. What realization did Deborah make when speaking with the researcher at Johns Hopkins in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
(a) She realized that Rebecca Skloot was writing a book.
(b) She realized that her mother did not die.
(c) She realized that her mother's cells were not malignant.
(d) She realized that all HeLa cells were cancerous.
3. When did Alexis Carrel grow an "immortal chicken heart"?
(a) April 10, 1926.
(b) January 17, 1912.
(c) August 1, 1920.
(d) January 29, 1951.
4. Alexis Carrel died while he was awaiting trial for what crime?
(a) Impersonating a medical professional.
(b) Fraud and negligence.
(c) Collaborating with the Nazis.
5. When Deborah took Rebecca Skloot to meet her brother Zakariyya, she reminded her that she should never make the mistake of calling him by what name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the HeLa cells tinted that Deborah observed at Johns Hopkins in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
2. For how long was Chester Southam's medical license suspended due to "fraud or deceit and unprofessional conduct in the practice of medicine" after he'd injected unknowing patients with cancer cells?
3. What did the researcher at Johns Hopkins give to Deborah as she departed in the end of Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
4. Who was the Harvard anesthesiologist that published a study in the New England Journal of Medicine showing that Chester Southam's cancer research was just one of hundreds of similarly unethical cases?
5. What sentence was Joe Lacks given for the second-degree murder of Eldridge Lee Ivy?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)