|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 28 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Deborah Lacks when Rebecca Skloot first called her to talk about her mother?
(a) Almost 30.
(b) Almost 60.
(c) Almost 40.
(d) Almost 50.
2. When did the Tuskegee syphilis study begin, as described by the author in Part One: Life, Chapter 6?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1880s.
(d) The 1920s.
3. Who came with Deborah to Johns Hopkins to see Henrietta Lacks's cells?
4. What did the researcher at Johns Hopkins give to Deborah as she departed in the end of Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
(a) A book about HeLa cells.
(b) His cell phone number.
(c) A vial of HeLa cells.
(d) An autographed picture.
5. Of whom did Zakariyya say "Livin' with that abusive crazy woman was worse than livin' in prison" in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Roland Pattillo grow up?
2. Where was Barbara Wyche working as a sociologist when she wrote to Congress demanding recognition for Henrietta Lacks's contribution to science?
3. When did Alexis Carrel grow an "immortal chicken heart"?
4. When did the U.S.-led international war tribunal at Nuremberg sentence seven Nazi doctors to death for conducting unthinkable research on Jews without consent?
5. What discovery did the researchers make after sending HeLa cells into space in the 1960s?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)