|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Immortality – Chapters 28 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Rebecca Skloot estimate that Chester Southam injected with living cancer cells during his career?
(a) Over 600 people.
(b) About 300 people.
(c) Over 800 people.
(d) About 200 people.
2. How old was Henrietta Lacks's epileptic daughter when she died?
3. Who coerced Deborah to continue at an all-girls' school after she became pregnant with her first child?
4. Where was Roland Pattillo working as a professor of gynecology when Rebecca Skloot first contacted him regarding Henrietta Lacks?
(a) Sewanee School of Medicine.
(b) Harvard School of Medicine.
(c) Morehouse School of Medicine.
(d) UCLA School of Medicine.
5. What color were the HeLa cells tinted that Deborah observed at Johns Hopkins in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom did Zakariyya say "Livin' with that abusive crazy woman was worse than livin' in prison" in Part Three: Immortality, Chapter 30?
2. Who came with Deborah to Johns Hopkins to see Henrietta Lacks's cells?
3. Who was the preacher that led Rebecca Skloot to Speed's Grocery in Part One: Life, Chapter 9?
4. On what date did Joe Lacks murder Eldridge Lee Ivy?
5. Where was researcher Chester Southam the chief virologist in 1954 when he began injecting cancer patients with HeLa cells?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)