Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
Essay Topic 1
How are pseudo-events distinguished from propaganda? What is the purpose of each? What is the effect of each?
Essay Topic 2
How are stereotypes distinguished from pseudo-events and propaganda by Boorstin? Who does Boorstin cite in defining stereotype?
Essay Topic 3
When was the Graphic Revolution? What impact did it have on culture and society? How does Boorstin view the effect of the Graphic Revolution?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)