Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Charles Lindbergh as depicted in the text. How did Lindbergh's fame evolve from heroism to celebrity?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Adolph Hitler's discussion of propaganda in Mein Kampf. How did Hitler implement this technique in order to gain control in Germany?
Essay Topic 3
How does Boorstin define "the leak"? What is its purpose? What example does he give from the 1950s?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)