Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss museums as a tourist destination. What does Boorstin assert of the "authenticity" of museums?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contract the definitions of Boorstin for "hero" and "celebrity." How do heroes and celebrities differ in their creation and their demise?
Essay Topic 3
What are the characteristics described of the pseudo-event in Chapter 1? Define each and give examples from the text.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)