Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
What are the characteristics described of the pseudo-event in Chapter 1? Define each and give examples from the text.
Describe the effect and influence of the development and publication of digests, such as "Reader's Digest." What does Boorstin conclude the effect was on literature?
Boorstin posits that there are two main "extravagant expectations" that Americans hold. What are these and what are examples of each?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)