|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boorstin write essentially means that people have accepted and bought into the image that we are trying to uphold?
2. What production company, recognizing that actors and actresses would demand higher pay if they became well known, refused to give their names?
3. What is the first characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
4. What Muzak designer suggested that his company was more the business of programming than the business of music?
5. Boorstin writes that our enemies profit from the fact they are known only, or primarily, through their what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the impact of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Joseph McCarthy on the pseudo-event in American politics.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Boorstin's distinction between "folk" and "mass" in the creation and recognition of heroes.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Charles Lindbergh as depicted in the text. How did Lindbergh's fame evolve from heroism to celebrity?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)