|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the science of language, including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics?
2. What refers to a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible?
3. When was Reader's Digest founded?
4. What editor and co-editor of Publishers' Weekly guided the publication through much of the 20th century?
5. What refers to a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment?
Essay Topic 1
When was the Graphic Revolution? What impact did it have on culture and society? How does Boorstin view the effect of the Graphic Revolution?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the evolution of tourism in America. How did the car change travel? How did the airplane? What effect have these advances had, according to Boorstin?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Thomas Cook. What impact did Cook have on the tourism industry? How?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)