|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What French sociologist, philosopher, cultural theorist, and photographer is frequently associated with postmodernism and post-structuralism?
2. In Chapter 6 - Section I, Boorstin suggests that America return to its ____ and cease communicating with the rest of the world in image.
3. In Chapter 6 - Section I, Boorstin asserts that America has experienced a move from what to images?
4. In Chapter 5 - Section IV, Boorstin states, "By sharpening our images we have blurred all our" what?
5. What is the third characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evolution and advances in the printing and binding industry and their effect on culture. How does Boorstin relate printmaking advances to the pseudo-event?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Boorstin's distinction between "folk" and "mass" in the creation and recognition of heroes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss museums as a tourist destination. What does Boorstin assert of the "authenticity" of museums?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)