Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the impact of the development of the hotel and motel industry in America. Where and how did Conrad Hilton establish his first hotel?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Karl Baedeker? What advances did he make in the tourism industry? What were the effects?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Boorstin's distinction between "folk" and "mass" in the creation and recognition of heroes.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)