Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
Define pseudo-event. How does Boorstin apply this term to American culture today? How did the pseudo-event develop?
How are stereotypes distinguished from pseudo-events and propaganda by Boorstin? Who does Boorstin cite in defining stereotype?
Who was Karl Baedeker? What advances did he make in the tourism industry? What were the effects?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)