Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the impact of the development of the hotel and motel industry in America. Where and how did Conrad Hilton establish his first hotel?
Essay Topic 2
Define pseudo-event. How does Boorstin apply this term to American culture today? How did the pseudo-event develop?
Essay Topic 3
How does Boorstin define the term "celebrity"? What impact did this definition have on scholars and the American public? How and to whom does this definition apply today?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)