|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boorstin concludes that the United States in now locked in a pattern of "____" in which "we have fallen in love with our own image."
(a) Creative narcissism.
(c) Capitalist thought.
(d) Social narcissism.
2. Whose best-known films are The Ten Commandments, Cleopatra, and The Greatest Show on Earth?
(a) Mike Nichols.
(b) Carl Laemmle.
(c) Cecil B. DeMille.
(d) Adolf Zukor.
3. What production company, recognizing that actors and actresses would demand higher pay if they became well known, refused to give their names?
(a) General Film Company.
(c) Universal Studios.
(d) Paramount Pictures.
4. When was Reader's Digest founded?
5. Boorstin suggests we are in danger if we forget that the experiences which can't be captured by the camera can still be captured in a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6 - Section I, Boorstin asserts that America has experienced a move from what to images?
2. What French sociologist, philosopher, cultural theorist, and photographer is frequently associated with postmodernism and post-structuralism?
3. What refers to inexpensive fiction magazines published from 1896 through the 1950s?
4. When was Daniel J. Boorstin born?
5. Boorstin claims that in the effort to make art and literature accessible to all, these forms of expression were what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)