Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
(a) Concept thinking.
(b) Logic thinking.
(c) Image thinking.
(d) Commercial thinking.
2. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
(a) Appeal of the contrived.
(b) Appeal of the self-fulfilling prophecy.
(c) Appeal of the half-intelligible.
3. Daniel J. Boorstin was appointed twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress from 1975 until when?
4. What major movie studio did Carl Laemmle originate?
(b) General Film Company.
(c) Paramount Pictures.
(d) Universal Studios.
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
(a) Henry Watson.
(b) Stephan Michaelson.
(c) Johannes Gutenberg.
(d) Galileo Galilei.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Daniel J. Boorstin born?
2. Boorstin suggests that the graphic revolution and what else are mostly responsible for the abridgment and the mass production of art?
3. When did P.T. Barnum purchase Scudder's American Museum?
4. Boorstin writes in Chapter 5 that "God himself becomes not a power but" what?
5. The first aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)