|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What production company, recognizing that actors and actresses would demand higher pay if they became well known, refused to give their names?
(a) General Film Company.
(b) Paramount Pictures.
(c) Universal Studios.
2. In Chapter 5 - Section V, Boorstin states that even ____ have become blurred because of the relentless drive of business and consumerism.
(b) The seasons.
3. In Chapter 6 - Section II, Boorstin warns that America has spent too much time attempting to "perfect our image rather than" what?
(b) Our foreign policy.
(c) Our ideals.
(d) Our politics.
4. What refers to the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something?
5. In Chapter 6 - Section I, Boorstin suggests that America return to its ____ and cease communicating with the rest of the world in image.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded Reader's Digest?
2. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
3. When was Daniel J. Boorstin born?
4. Where is Reader's Digest based?
5. In Chapter 5 - Section IV, Boorstin states, "By sharpening our images we have blurred all our" what?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)