|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boorstin claim increased the ease of creation and transmission of several different types of media?
(a) Media Revolution.
(b) Graphic Revolution.
(c) The printing press.
(d) World Wide Web.
2. In Chapter 1 - Section V, Boorstin discusses a change in the way people relate to truth and to what?
3. What word refers to that which is important, highly significant, or consequential?
4. What was the departure site for Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean ?
(a) Roosevelt Field, NY.
(b) Fort Williams Field, NC.
(c) Lockton Field, NY.
(d) Anderson Field, MA.
5. With whom did Charles Lindbergh sign a contract for his story of the famous monoplane flight?
(a) USA Today.
(b) Chicago Tribune.
(d) New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the hotel coupon introduced to the touring industry in London?
2. With whom did Thomas Cook form a partnership and rename the travel agency as Thomas Cook and Son?
3. What first superintendent of the New Jersey State Police was best known for his involvement in the Lindbergh kidnapping case?
4. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 2 - Section 1, that heroes can now be what?
5. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest create themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boorstin define "celebrity"?
2. How does Boorstin compare travel of the past with the present, in Chapter 3 - Section I?
3. What has eroded the old heroic form, according to Boorstin?
4. What argument is made regarding the objects on display in museums in Chapter 3 - Section IV?
5. Who was Thomas Cook? What industry did he expand?
6. What example does Boorstin offer for "the leak" in Chapter 1 - Section IV?
7. What comparison does Boorstin make between celebrities and heroes in Chapter 2 - Section IV?
8. What extravagant expectations does Boorstin assert consumes the American psyche?
9. What does Boorstin write of the impact of the Graphic Revolution, in Chapter 1 - Section II?
10. What does Boorstin write of "local atmosphere" in tourist destinations?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)