1. What term refers to an activity that exists for the sole purpose of the media publicity and serves little to no other function in real life?
2. How many main "extravagant expectations" does Boorstin posit Americans hold?
3. What is the first of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
4. What is the second of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
5. What term is used in semiotics and postmodern philosophy to describe a hypothetical inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from fantasy?
This section contains 3,902 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)