|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is synthetic.
(b) It is passive.
(c) It is ambiguous.
(d) It is believable.
2. In Chapter 5 - Section V, Boorstin states that even ____ have become blurred because of the relentless drive of business and consumerism.
(a) The seasons.
3. What term refers to that pertaining to one's own or a particular country as apart from other countries?
4. When did Karl Baedeker institute a star system in his travel guides?
5. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 1 - Section V, that the advances made in American society have served to "blur the edges of" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5 - Section IV, Boorstin states, "By sharpening our images we have blurred all our" what?
2. What people does Boorstin assert were able to express, ritualize, and create heroes, in Chapter 2 - Section II?
3. What does Boorstin claim increased the ease of creation and transmission of several different types of media?
4. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
5. Boorstin suggests that the graphic revolution and what else are mostly responsible for the abridgment and the mass production of art?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)