|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pseudo-events tend to do what to the human experience, according to Boorstin?
(a) Embellish it.
(b) Objectify it.
(c) Diminish it.
(d) Narrow it.
2. The fourth aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
(a) Appeal of the self-fulfilling prophecy.
(b) Appeal of the half-intelligible.
(c) Appeal of the contrived.
3. Who opened the first motel as a new form of accommodation in Memphis, Tennessee in 1952?
(a) Kemmons Wilson.
(b) James Anderson.
(c) William Berkshire.
(d) Conrad Hilton.
4. In Chapter 5 - Section IV, Boorstin describes how the appearance of advertising has caused a movement from focusing on truth to focusing on what?
5. In Chapter 1 - Section II, Boorstin discusses the temptation of newsmen to make images that were what?
(b) Aligned politically.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest are created by the media?
2. What system does Boorstin assert affected "traditional forms of achievement," in Chapter 4 - Section VIII?
3. What is the third characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
4. The second aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
5. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin suggests that leaks are a form of what by governments?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)