|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opened the first motel as a new form of accommodation in Memphis, Tennessee in 1952?
(a) Conrad Hilton.
(b) William Berkshire.
(c) James Anderson.
(d) Kemmons Wilson.
2. What type of book binding begins with the signatures of the book as loose pages which are then clamped together?
(d) Cross stitch.
3. What refers to a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment?
4. How much were tickets on Thomas Cook's first train tour?
(a) One pence.
(b) Ten shillings.
(c) One shilling.
(d) Five shillings.
5. When did Karl Baedeker institute a star system in his travel guides?
Short Answer Questions
1. What first superintendent of the New Jersey State Police was best known for his involvement in the Lindbergh kidnapping case?
2. In Chapter 6 - Section I, Boorstin suggests that America return to its ____ and cease communicating with the rest of the world in image.
3. What French sociologist, philosopher, cultural theorist, and photographer is frequently associated with postmodernism and post-structuralism?
4. Where was Karl Baedeker observed to drop a pea on every twentieth step of the staircase to the roof, so he could report the number of steps accurately?
5. Boorstin asserts that the influx of pseudo-events has caused the confusion of participant and what roles?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)