|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boorstin states that psychological analysis has effectively turned the actions of heroes into compensations for what?
(a) Internal insignificance.
(b) Internal psychopathology.
(c) Internal psychology.
(d) Internal neurosis.
2. What company advertised the fact that the bottles were "steam-sterilized," neglecting to mention the fact that all the other beer companies used the same process?
(a) Coors Beer.
(b) Miller Beer.
(c) Budweiser Beer.
(d) Schlitz Beer.
3. What people does Boorstin assert were able to express, ritualize, and create heroes, in Chapter 2 - Section II?
4. What term is used in semiotics and postmodern philosophy to describe a hypothetical inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from fantasy?
5. What Muzak designer suggested that his company was more the business of programming than the business of music?
(a) Donald O'Neill.
(b) Carl Laemmle.
(c) Adolf Zukor.
(d) James Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest create themselves?
2. What term refers to that pertaining to one's own or a particular country as apart from other countries?
3. When was Benito Mussolini born?
4. Established by Boorstin, what is the third way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)