|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin suggests that leaks are a form of what by governments?
(a) Peace negotiations.
2. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest create themselves?
3. Boorstin claims that in the effort to make art and literature accessible to all, these forms of expression were what?
4. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
(a) Appeal of the half-intelligible.
(b) Appeal of the contrived.
(d) Appeal of the self-fulfilling prophecy.
5. Who did Charles Lindbergh marry?
(a) Sarah Morrow.
(b) Mary Anne Doherty.
(c) Anne Morrow.
(d) Elizabeth Winchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Established by Boorstin, what is the third way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
2. Pseudo-events tend to do what to the human experience, according to Boorstin?
3. What system does Boorstin assert affected "traditional forms of achievement," in Chapter 4 - Section VIII?
4. Who wrote Crystallizing Public Opinion?
5. When did Charles Lindbergh make his famous flight across the Atlantic?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)