|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Karl Baedeker die?
2. What was one of Charles Lindbergh's nicknames?
(a) Lucky Chuck.
(c) Lucky Lindy.
(d) The Flyer.
3. When was Al Capone indicted for income tax evasion and various violations of the Volstead Act?
4. The argument is made, in Chapter 3 - Section IV, that the objects in museums were ____ from the homes of the wealthy and famous to be available for all to view.
5. Boorstin claims that in the effort to make art and literature accessible to all, these forms of expression were what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What states that the more we create images to "expand experience" the more we inevitably narrow experience?
2. What does Boorstin claim increased the ease of creation and transmission of several different types of media?
3. Boorstin writes that the telling of news has changed from reporting what was seen to what?
4. What is the first aspect of a pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
5. What type of book binding begins with the signatures of the book as loose pages which are then clamped together?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)