|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the familiar hallmark of Baedeker guides?
(a) Red binding.
(b) Yellow binding.
(c) Blue binding.
(d) Green binding.
2. Boorstin states, in Chapter 3 - Section I, that in today's travel there is very little what?
3. What book of Walter Lippman's does Boorstin cite, in Chapter 1 - Section V?
(a) Sociological Justices.
(b) The Origins of Family.
(c) Mein Kampf.
(d) Public Opinion.
4. Pseudo-events, according to Boorstin, create distortion through what?
5. The first aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
(a) Appeal of the contrived.
(b) Appeal of the self-fulfilling prophecy.
(c) Appeal of the half-intelligible.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
2. What term refers to that which is not participating readily or actively?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. What is the fourth quality of the pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
5. Who developed an early printing press in 1436?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)