|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first aspect of successful advertising discussed by Boorstin in Chapter 5 - Section IV is what?
(a) Appeal of the self-fulfilling prophecy.
(b) Appeal of the contrived.
(d) Appeal of the half-intelligible.
2. Boorstin states that psychological analysis has effectively turned the actions of heroes into compensations for what?
(a) Internal neurosis.
(b) Internal insignificance.
(c) Internal psychopathology.
(d) Internal psychology.
3. What political party did Benito Mussolini lead?
(a) National Fascist Party.
(b) The Italian Nationalist Party.
(c) The Whig Party.
(d) The Nazi Party.
4. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin discusses the formation of what as a communication device for government officials?
(a) The mobile phone.
(b) The leak.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The wire tap.
5. When was the hotel coupon introduced to the touring industry in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Boorstin say books began to be made cheaper, due to a variety of factors, in Chapter 4 - Section I?
2. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 2 - Section 1, that heroes can now be what?
3. In what year did popular publications print articles showing the car was cheaper to operate than the horse?
4. Boorstin claims that in the effort to make art and literature accessible to all, these forms of expression were what?
5. What book of Walter Lippman's does Boorstin cite, in Chapter 1 - Section V?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)