|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the familiar hallmark of Baedeker guides?
(a) Green binding.
(b) Yellow binding.
(c) Red binding.
(d) Blue binding.
2. What term means to make uniform or similar, as in composition or function?
3. Karl Baedeker followed the model of English guide books instituted by whom?
(a) James Anderson.
(b) Michael Miller.
(c) Thomas Cook.
(d) John Murray.
4. What refers to a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position?
5. What production company, recognizing that actors and actresses would demand higher pay if they became well known, refused to give their names?
(a) Universal Studios.
(b) General Film Company.
(c) Paramount Pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Established by Boorstin, what is the third way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
2. Boorstin writes that advertising helps to make a shift from what is true to what is what?
3. What major movie studio did Adolf Zukor originate?
4. What refers to purpose or attitude toward the effect of one's actions or conduct?
5. What refers to inexpensive fiction magazines published from 1896 through the 1950s?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)