|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Section V-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin discusses the formation of what as a communication device for government officials?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The wire tap.
(c) The mobile phone.
(d) The leak.
2. What term is used in semiotics and postmodern philosophy to describe a hypothetical inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from fantasy?
3. Whose best-known films are The Ten Commandments, Cleopatra, and The Greatest Show on Earth?
(a) Carl Laemmle.
(b) Adolf Zukor.
(c) Cecil B. DeMille.
(d) Mike Nichols.
4. Who wrote Crystallizing Public Opinion?
(a) Edward A. Smith.
(b) Edward L. Bynay.
(c) Edward L. Bernays.
(d) Edward R. Burns.
5. What term refers to the process of making something commercial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opened the first motel as a new form of accommodation in Memphis, Tennessee in 1952?
2. In what year did Karl Baedeker start his publishing company?
3. What term refers to an activity that exists for the sole purpose of the media publicity and serves little to no other function in real life?
4. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin uses an example from the 1950s in which a story was released about an imminent attack by whom?
5. What term refers to that which is not participating readily or actively?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)