|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Section V-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used in semiotics and postmodern philosophy to describe a hypothetical inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from fantasy?
2. What Muzak designer suggested that his company was more the business of programming than the business of music?
(a) James Morrison.
(b) Carl Laemmle.
(c) Adolf Zukor.
(d) Donald O'Neill.
3. What word refers to that which is important, highly significant, or consequential?
4. What word refers to that which is coming or resulting from a natural impulse or tendency, without effort or premeditation, natural and unconstrained?
5. What form of travel, initiated by Thomas Cook, had the traveler go independently, while Cook's agency charged for travel, food, and accommodation for a fixed period over any chosen route?
(a) Independent travel.
(b) Inclusive independent travel.
(c) Interactive independent travel.
(d) Exclusive independent travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first aspect of a pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
2. What is the official log of the proceedings and debates of the United States Congress?
3. What does Boorstin assert inevitably give a false representation of a country because they have been specially selected and taken from context?
4. Where did Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic end?
5. With whom did Charles Lindbergh sign a contract for his story of the famous monoplane flight?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)