|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Section V-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic end?
(a) London International Airport.
(b) Paris International Airport.
(c) McMorris Field, UK.
(d) Le Bourget Field, Paris.
2. What type of book binding begins with the signatures of the book as loose pages which are then clamped together?
(c) Cross stitch.
3. Where was Karl Baedeker born?
4. When did the development of hotels with leisure complexes become a popular development in the United States?
5. When was Reader's Digest founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Charles Lindbergh marry?
2. When did Thomas Cook conduct his first train tour?
3. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest are created by the media?
4. Whose best-known films are The Ten Commandments, Cleopatra, and The Greatest Show on Earth?
5. Where was Karl Baedeker observed to drop a pea on every twentieth step of the staircase to the roof, so he could report the number of steps accurately?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)