|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Section V-XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Karl Baedeker institute a star system in his travel guides?
2. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 1 - Section V, that the advances made in American society have served to "blur the edges of" what?
3. The argument is made, in Chapter 3 - Section IV, that the objects in museums were ____ from the homes of the wealthy and famous to be available for all to view.
4. Boorstin suggests we are in danger if we forget that the experiences which can't be captured by the camera can still be captured in a what?
5. Pseudo-events, according to Boorstin, create distortion through what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book binding begins with the signatures of the book as loose pages which are then clamped together?
2. What first superintendent of the New Jersey State Police was best known for his involvement in the Lindbergh kidnapping case?
3. What term means to make uniform or similar, as in composition or function?
4. In what year did Thomas Cook's train tours first go to Scotland?
5. How many people did Thomas Cook claim to have arranged to attend the Great Exhibition?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)