|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Thomas Cook's train tours first go to Scotland?
2. Boorstin asserts that the influx of pseudo-events has caused the confusion of participant and what roles?
3. Who wrote Crystallizing Public Opinion?
(a) Edward R. Burns.
(b) Edward L. Bynay.
(c) Edward A. Smith.
(d) Edward L. Bernays.
4. When did the development of hotels with leisure complexes become a popular development in the United States?
5. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 1 - Section V, that the advances made in American society have served to "blur the edges of" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fourth quality of the pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
2. Pseudo-events, according to Boorstin, create distortion through what?
3. When was the Ford Model T introduced?
4. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 2 - Section 1, that heroes can now be what?
5. How many people were aboard Thomas Cook's first train tour to Scotland?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)