|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people does Boorstin assert were able to express, ritualize, and create heroes, in Chapter 2 - Section II?
2. What was the departure site for Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean ?
(a) Fort Williams Field, NC.
(b) Lockton Field, NY.
(c) Roosevelt Field, NY.
(d) Anderson Field, MA.
3. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest are created by the media?
4. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin uses an example from the 1950s in which a story was released about an imminent attack by whom?
5. Who did Charles Lindbergh marry?
(a) Anne Morrow.
(b) Sarah Morrow.
(c) Mary Anne Doherty.
(d) Elizabeth Winchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin posits that in addition to destroying old heroes ____ has made it difficult to create and recognize new heroes.
2. Boorstin writes that critical history and critical biography have reduced heroes to mere pawns of what?
3. What were Thomas Cook's circular notes better known as?
4. In what year did urban tourism in America become a profitable industry, as the number of tour agencies, railroad passenger departments, guidebook publishers, and travel writers grew at a fast pace?
5. According to Walter Lippman, a ____ is a way of giving rapid meaning to an external person or situation to help one orient to a world full of confusing and overwhelming experiences.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)