|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the plane that Charles Lindbergh made his flight across the Atlantic in?
(a) The Spirit of America.
(b) The Spirit of St. Louis.
(c) The Lindbergh Jewel.
(d) The Lucky Lindy.
2. Where did Conrad Hilton purchase his first hotel?
(d) New York.
3. When did Thomas Cook conduct his first train tour?
4. What word refers to that which is important, highly significant, or consequential?
5. Where was Karl Baedeker born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1 - Section V, Boorstin discusses a change in the way people relate to truth and to what?
2. When did Joseph Stalin assume the role of head of state of Russia?
3. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin suggests that leaks are a form of what by governments?
4. When was Al Capone indicted for income tax evasion and various violations of the Volstead Act?
5. What is the third characteristic of the pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)