|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of Walter Lippman's does Boorstin cite, in Chapter 1 - Section V?
(a) Public Opinion.
(b) The Origins of Family.
(c) Mein Kampf.
(d) Sociological Justices.
2. In Chapter 1 - Section V, Boorstin discusses a change in the way people relate to truth and to what?
3. The argument is made, in Chapter 3 - Section IV, that the objects in museums were ____ from the homes of the wealthy and famous to be available for all to view.
4. What was the familiar hallmark of Baedeker guides?
(a) Green binding.
(b) Yellow binding.
(c) Red binding.
(d) Blue binding.
5. What word refers to that which is important, highly significant, or consequential?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did popular publications print articles showing the car was cheaper to operate than the horse?
2. What name referred to Stalin's campaign to purge the Communist Party of people accused of sabotage, terrorism, or treachery?
3. What is the first of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
4. Who wrote Crystallizing Public Opinion?
5. Boorstin asserts that the influx of pseudo-events has caused the confusion of participant and what roles?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)