|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
(a) Money can buy anything.
(b) Time is of the essence.
(c) We have unlimited power to fashion the world to our desires.
(d) There is always more that the world can provide.
2. In Chapter 1 - Section II, Boorstin discusses the temptation of newsmen to make images that were what?
(c) Aligned politically.
3. What word refers to that which is important, highly significant, or consequential?
4. What people does Boorstin assert were able to express, ritualize, and create heroes, in Chapter 2 - Section II?
5. Established by Boorstin, what is the third way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
(a) They can be repeated.
(b) They are easier to distribute.
(c) They are more dramatic.
(d) They are less dramatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1 - Section V, Boorstin discusses a change in the way people relate to truth and to what?
2. With whom did Charles Lindbergh sign a contract for his story of the famous monoplane flight?
3. What term refers to that which is of foreign origin or character, not native, introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized?
4. What does Boorstin call "a person who is known for his well-knownness"?
5. What was one of Charles Lindbergh's nicknames?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)