|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to that which is not participating readily or actively?
2. When was Thomas Cook born?
3. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
4. What is the official log of the proceedings and debates of the United States Congress?
(a) House Record.
(b) Record of the Congressional Committee.
(c) Congressional Record.
(d) Presidential Congressional Record.
5. Who does Boorstin claim was a major figure of presidential creation of pseudo-events, including his solidification of the presidential press conference and his fireside chats?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin writes that the telling of news has changed from reporting what was seen to what?
2. What title did Mussolini go by after 3 years in office as Prime Minister?
3. In what year was Charles Lindbergh's infant son kidnapped and murdered in the "Crime of the Century"?
4. Established by Boorstin, what is the second way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
5. What does Boorstin refer to propaganda as, in Chapter 1- Section IV?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)