|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name referred to Stalin's campaign to purge the Communist Party of people accused of sabotage, terrorism, or treachery?
(a) The Great Famine.
(b) The Great Purge.
(c) The Great Cleansing.
(d) The Grand Inquisition.
2. What does Boorstin claim increased the ease of creation and transmission of several different types of media?
(a) World Wide Web.
(b) The printing press.
(c) Graphic Revolution.
(d) Media Revolution.
3. What people does Boorstin assert were able to express, ritualize, and create heroes, in Chapter 2 - Section II?
4. Pseudo-events tend to do what to the human experience, according to Boorstin?
(a) Embellish it.
(b) Narrow it.
(c) Diminish it.
(d) Objectify it.
5. When did Mussolini become the Prime Minister of Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many main "extravagant expectations" does Boorstin posit Americans hold?
2. When was Adolf Hitler born?
3. In Chapter 1 - Section II, Boorstin discusses the temptation of newsmen to make images that were what?
4. What is the fourth quality of the pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
5. Boorstin states that psychological analysis has effectively turned the actions of heroes into compensations for what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)