|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to an activity that exists for the sole purpose of the media publicity and serves little to no other function in real life?
(b) Red carpet event.
2. Who wrote Mein Kampf?
(a) Friedrich Engels.
(b) Benito Mussolini.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) Adolph Hitler.
3. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin uses an example from the 1950s in which a story was released about an imminent attack by whom?
4. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin discusses the formation of what as a communication device for government officials?
(a) The leak.
(b) The wire tap.
(c) The mobile phone.
(d) The FBI.
5. In Chapter 1 - Section V, Boorstin discusses a change in the way people relate to truth and to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1 - Section II, Boorstin discusses the temptation of newsmen to make images that were what?
2. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin suggests that leaks are a form of what by governments?
3. When was Mein Kampf published?
4. Boorstin writes that the telling of news has changed from reporting what was seen to what?
5. According to Walter Lippman, a ____ is a way of giving rapid meaning to an external person or situation to help one orient to a world full of confusing and overwhelming experiences.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)