|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Section IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second quality of the pseudo-event described by Boorstin?
(a) Its purpose is to be recreated or reported.
(b) It is intentionally created.
(c) It is intended as a self-fulfilling prophecy.
(d) It is ambiguous.
2. Established by Boorstin, what is the second way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
(a) They are less dramatic.
(b) They are more dramatic.
(c) They are easier to distribute.
(d) They can be repeated.
3. In Chapter 1 - Section V, Boorstin discusses a change in the way people relate to truth and to what?
4. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin uses an example from the 1950s in which a story was released about an imminent attack by whom?
5. What does Boorstin refer to pseudo-events as, in Chapter 1 - Section IV?
(a) Ambiguous truths.
(b) Appealing falsehoods.
(c) Ambiguous falsehoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Established by Boorstin, what is the first way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
2. When was Mein Kampf published?
3. What is the official log of the proceedings and debates of the United States Congress?
4. Established by Boorstin, what is the third way pseudo-events can overshadow real or spontaneous events?
5. In Chapter 1 - Section II, Boorstin discusses the temptation of newsmen to make images that were what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)