|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
(a) Time is of the essence.
(b) There is always more that the world can provide.
(c) Money can buy anything.
(d) We have unlimited power to fashion the world to our desires.
2. When was the hotel coupon introduced to the touring industry in London?
3. In Chapter 5 - Section IV, Boorstin states, "By sharpening our images we have blurred all our" what?
4. Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in what year?
5. What book by Walter Lippman does Boorstin discuss in Chapter 5 - Section VI?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Origins of Family.
(c) Public Opinion.
(d) Beyond Good and Evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the distance of Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic?
2. What system does Boorstin assert affected "traditional forms of achievement," in Chapter 4 - Section VIII?
3. What was one of Charles Lindbergh's nicknames?
4. When did Al Capone die?
5. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest create themselves?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)