|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Mein Kampf published?
2. What is the first characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is ambiguous.
(b) It is synthetic.
(c) It is believable.
(d) It is simplified.
3. What word refers to that which is coming or resulting from a natural impulse or tendency, without effort or premeditation, natural and unconstrained?
4. What refers to theatrical performances presented in one of the 40 large professional theaters with 500 seats or more located in the Theater District, New York?
(a) West End.
(c) Main Stage.
5. In what year did Thomas Cook's train tours first go to Scotland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boorstin refer to pseudo-events as, in Chapter 1 - Section IV?
2. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest are created by the media?
3. Boorstin asserts, in Chapter 2 - Section I, that Americans have fooled themselves about how much _____ is contained in the world and in individuals.
4. What was the familiar hallmark of Baedeker guides?
5. What is the second of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)