|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl Baedeker followed the model of English guide books instituted by whom?
(a) Michael Miller.
(b) James Anderson.
(c) Thomas Cook.
(d) John Murray.
2. What term is used in semiotics and postmodern philosophy to describe a hypothetical inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from fantasy?
3. In what year was Charles Lindbergh's infant son kidnapped and murdered in the "Crime of the Century"?
4. What was one of Charles Lindbergh's nicknames?
(a) The Flyer.
(c) Lucky Lindy.
(d) Lucky Chuck.
5. In what year did popular publications print articles showing the car was cheaper to operate than the horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pseudo-events tend to do what to the human experience, according to Boorstin?
2. Who did Charles Lindbergh marry?
3. Whose best-known films are The Ten Commandments, Cleopatra, and The Greatest Show on Earth?
4. What was the name of the plane that Charles Lindbergh made his flight across the Atlantic in?
5. What system does Boorstin assert affected "traditional forms of achievement," in Chapter 4 - Section VIII?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)