|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Conrad Hilton purchase his first hotel?
(d) New York.
2. What title did Mussolini go by after 3 years in office as Prime Minister?
(a) Il Capitain.
(b) Il Furor.
(c) Il Deuce.
(d) Mein Furor.
3. When was Mein Kampf published?
4. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 2 - Section 1, that heroes can now be what?
5. What was the distance of Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic?
(a) 3,600 miles.
(b) 2,500 miles.
(c) 3,000 miles.
(d) 4,000 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest are created by the media?
2. What is the first characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
3. When did Mussolini become the Prime Minister of Italy?
4. When did Charles Lindbergh make his famous flight across the Atlantic?
5. What does Boorstin assert inevitably give a false representation of a country because they have been specially selected and taken from context?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)