|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first superintendent of the New Jersey State Police was best known for his involvement in the Lindbergh kidnapping case?
(a) Anderson Williams.
(b) Michael Jameson.
(c) Paul Skawinski.
(d) Norman Schwarzkopf.
2. Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in what year?
3. Boorstin asserts, in Chapter 2 - Section I, that Americans have fooled themselves about how much _____ is contained in the world and in individuals.
4. In his argument in Chapter 2 - Section IV, what does Boorstin suggest create themselves?
5. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin suggests that leaks are a form of what by governments?
(b) Peace negotiations.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Joseph Stalin assume the role of head of state of Russia?
2. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 1 - Section V, that the advances made in American society have served to "blur the edges of" what?
3. When was Mein Kampf published?
4. What book of Walter Lippman's does Boorstin cite, in Chapter 1 - Section V?
5. What refers to a tendency in contemporary culture characterized by the rejection of objective truth and global cultural narrative or meta-narrative?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)