|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Boorstin assert has been relegated to the experiences of young children or naïve adults?
(a) Fairy tales.
2. Pseudo-events, according to Boorstin, create distortion through what?
3. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 2 - Section 1, that heroes can now be what?
4. What people does Boorstin assert were able to express, ritualize, and create heroes, in Chapter 2 - Section II?
5. Pseudo-events tend to do what to the human experience, according to Boorstin?
(a) Narrow it.
(b) Diminish it.
(c) Objectify it.
(d) Embellish it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
2. When was Adolf Hitler born?
3. When did Mussolini become the Prime Minister of Italy?
4. In Chapter 1 - Section II, Boorstin discusses the temptation of newsmen to make images that were what?
5. What does Boorstin refer to pseudo-events as, in Chapter 1 - Section IV?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)