|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official log of the proceedings and debates of the United States Congress?
(a) Record of the Congressional Committee.
(b) Congressional Record.
(c) Presidential Congressional Record.
(d) House Record.
2. Boorstin states that psychological analysis has effectively turned the actions of heroes into compensations for what?
(a) Internal psychopathology.
(b) Internal neurosis.
(c) Internal insignificance.
(d) Internal psychology.
3. Who did Charles Lindbergh marry?
(a) Elizabeth Winchester.
(b) Mary Anne Doherty.
(c) Sarah Morrow.
(d) Anne Morrow.
4. What, according to the author, is always in the present and requires a constant stream of publicity and pseudo-events to maintain its status?
(a) Public favor.
(c) Political favor.
5. In Chapter 1 - Section II, Boorstin discusses the temptation of newsmen to make images that were what?
(b) Aligned politically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Benito Mussolini lead?
2. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin uses an example from the 1950s in which a story was released about an imminent attack by whom?
3. When was Adolf Hitler born?
4. What is the second of the "extravagant expectations" held by Americans, according to Boorstin?
5. When did Mussolini become the Prime Minister of Italy?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)