|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Section IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boorstin states that psychological analysis has effectively turned the actions of heroes into compensations for what?
(a) Internal psychology.
(b) Internal neurosis.
(c) Internal insignificance.
(d) Internal psychopathology.
2. What is the third characteristic of the pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is intended as a self-fulfilling prophecy.
(b) Its purpose is to be recreated or reported.
(c) It is intentionally created.
(d) It is ambiguous.
3. Who wrote Mein Kampf?
(a) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(b) Adolph Hitler.
(c) Friedrich Engels.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
4. Boorstin asserts that the influx of pseudo-events has caused the confusion of participant and what roles?
5. When was Al Capone indicted for income tax evasion and various violations of the Volstead Act?
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin asserts, in Chapter 2 - Section I, that Americans have fooled themselves about how much _____ is contained in the world and in individuals.
2. What title did Mussolini go by after 3 years in office as Prime Minister?
3. What book of Walter Lippman's does Boorstin cite, in Chapter 1 - Section V?
4. What was the departure site for Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean ?
5. What is the fourth quality of the pseudo-event, according to Boorstin?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)