|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Section I-IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Charles Lindbergh make his famous flight across the Atlantic?
2. What title did Mussolini go by after 3 years in office as Prime Minister?
(a) Mein Furor.
(b) Il Deuce.
(c) Il Furor.
(d) Il Capitain.
3. In what year did popular publications print articles showing the car was cheaper to operate than the horse?
4. In what year did Karl Baedeker start his publishing company?
5. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin suggests that leaks are a form of what by governments?
(c) Peace negotiations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Mein Kampf?
2. Boorstin asserts, in Chapter 2 - Section I, that Americans have fooled themselves about how much _____ is contained in the world and in individuals.
3. Pseudo-events tend to do what to the human experience, according to Boorstin?
4. What does Boorstin call "a person who is known for his well-knownness"?
5. With whom did Charles Lindbergh sign a contract for his story of the famous monoplane flight?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)