|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Section I-IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Benito Mussolini born?
2. What does Boorstin assert inevitably give a false representation of a country because they have been specially selected and taken from context?
(a) The media.
(c) Tour guides.
(d) Tourist attractions.
3. Where was Al Capone born?
(a) Queens, NY.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Booklyn, NY.
(d) Naperville, IL.
4. What does Boorstin refer to propaganda as, in Chapter 1- Section IV?
(a) Appealing falsehoods.
(b) Appealing truths.
(c) Ambiguous truths.
(d) Ambiguous falsehoods.
5. The argument is made, in Chapter 3 - Section IV, that the objects in museums were ____ from the homes of the wealthy and famous to be available for all to view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boorstin call "a person who is known for his well-knownness"?
2. Pseudo-events, according to Boorstin, create distortion through what?
3. In Chapter 1 - Section IV, Boorstin discusses the formation of what as a communication device for government officials?
4. Where is Reader's Digest based?
5. What was one of Charles Lindbergh's nicknames?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)