|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Section I-IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Charles Lindbergh marry?
(a) Mary Anne Doherty.
(b) Sarah Morrow.
(c) Anne Morrow.
(d) Elizabeth Winchester.
2. When did Joseph Stalin assume the role of head of state of Russia?
3. Boorstin suggests that the graphic revolution and what else are mostly responsible for the abridgment and the mass production of art?
4. When was Al Capone indicted for income tax evasion and various violations of the Volstead Act?
5. Who wrote Mein Kampf?
(a) Adolph Hitler.
(b) Benito Mussolini.
(c) Friedrich Engels.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. The argument is made, in Chapter 3 - Section IV, that the objects in museums were ____ from the homes of the wealthy and famous to be available for all to view.
2. What refers to a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position?
3. What term refers to widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character of renown and public eminence?
4. Where did Charles Lindbergh's historic monoplane flight across the Atlantic end?
5. According to Walter Lippman, a ____ is a way of giving rapid meaning to an external person or situation to help one orient to a world full of confusing and overwhelming experiences.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)