|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boorstin writes in Chapter 5 that "God himself becomes not a power but" what?
(a) A nonentity.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) A myth.
(d) An image.
2. Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in what year?
3. Where was Karl Baedeker born?
4. The argument is made, in Chapter 3 - Section IV, that the objects in museums were ____ from the homes of the wealthy and famous to be available for all to view.
5. Boorstin posits that in addition to destroying old heroes ____ has made it difficult to create and recognize new heroes.
(b) News media.
(d) The printing press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boorstin assert arose spontaneously through "tradition, history, or by God,"are not made simple, are direct and active in the sense that they pull people forward?
2. What does Boorstin assert has been provided in exotic locations, in Chapter 3 - Section IV?
3. What name referred to Stalin's campaign to purge the Communist Party of people accused of sabotage, terrorism, or treachery?
4. In what year did urban tourism in America become a profitable industry, as the number of tour agencies, railroad passenger departments, guidebook publishers, and travel writers grew at a fast pace?
5. Boorstin suggests, in Chapter 2 - Section 1, that heroes can now be what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)