|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The argument is made, in Chapter 3 - Section IV, that the objects in museums were ____ from the homes of the wealthy and famous to be available for all to view.
2. In what year did popular publications print articles showing the car was cheaper to operate than the horse?
3. When was Benito Mussolini born?
4. When did P.T. Barnum purchase Scudder's American Museum?
5. What is the third characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is synthetic.
(b) It is ambiguous.
(c) It is passive.
(d) It is believable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boorstin asserts, in Chapter 2 - Section I, that Americans have fooled themselves about how much _____ is contained in the world and in individuals.
2. What does Boorstin call "a person who is known for his well-knownness"?
3. Boorstin begins Chapter 5 - Section II discussing the differences between "ideal-thinking" and what?
4. When did Joseph Stalin assume the role of head of state of Russia?
5. Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in what year?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)