|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fourth characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is vivid.
(b) It is synthetic.
(c) It is believable.
(d) It is ambiguous.
2. What is the third characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is synthetic.
(b) It is passive.
(c) It is ambiguous.
(d) It is believable.
3. Where was Karl Baedeker observed to drop a pea on every twentieth step of the staircase to the roof, so he could report the number of steps accurately?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) Milan Cathedral.
(c) St. Patrick Cathedral.
(d) The Sistine Chapel.
4. What does Boorstin assert arose spontaneously through "tradition, history, or by God,"are not made simple, are direct and active in the sense that they pull people forward?
5. When did P.T. Barnum purchase Scudder's American Museum?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Benito Mussolini lead?
2. What does Boorstin assert has been provided in exotic locations, in Chapter 3 - Section IV?
3. What was the familiar hallmark of Baedeker guides?
4. Boorstin writes that the image must exist in a kind of liminal state "between expectation and" what?
5. When was Benito Mussolini born?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)