|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is believable.
(b) It is passive.
(c) It is ambiguous.
(d) It is synthetic.
2. When was Adolf Hitler born?
3. What word refers to that which is important, highly significant, or consequential?
4. Boorstin posits that in addition to destroying old heroes ____ has made it difficult to create and recognize new heroes.
(a) The printing press.
(c) News media.
5. What title did Mussolini go by after 3 years in office as Prime Minister?
(a) Il Capitain.
(b) Mein Furor.
(c) Il Furor.
(d) Il Deuce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
2. What does Boorstin call "a person who is known for his well-knownness"?
3. What does Boorstin assert inevitably give a false representation of a country because they have been specially selected and taken from context?
4. Boorstin states that psychological analysis has effectively turned the actions of heroes into compensations for what?
5. What political party did Benito Mussolini lead?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)