|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 - Section I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
(a) It is synthetic.
(b) It is believable.
(c) It is ambiguous.
(d) It is simplified.
2. Where was Karl Baedeker born?
3. What word refers to that which is important, highly significant, or consequential?
4. What people does Boorstin assert were able to express, ritualize, and create heroes, in Chapter 2 - Section II?
5. What does Boorstin call "a person who is known for his well-knownness"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did popular publications print articles showing the car was cheaper to operate than the horse?
2. What is the third characteristic of the image, according to Boorstin?
3. What term refers to widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character of renown and public eminence?
4. When was Benito Mussolini born?
5. Boorstin asserts, in Chapter 2 - Section I, that Americans have fooled themselves about how much _____ is contained in the world and in individuals.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)