|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
2. In "The Exiles", what is the date?
3. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
4. Where does Clemens's girl live?
5. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
2. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
3. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
4. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
5. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
6. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
7. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
8. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
9. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
10. Where else are children playing Invasion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether the men in "Kaleidoscope" decide if how they lived their lives matters when it comes time to die.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Hernando cannot understand what a young man means when he says that it is the end of the world. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the fireworks Father Peregrine saw as a child to the beings on Mars. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)