|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
2. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
3. What song is being played on the bandstand at the beginning of "The Fox and the Forest"?
4. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
5. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
2. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
3. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
4. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
5. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
6. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
7. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
8. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
9. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
10. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man", Martin and the Captain disagree on who "The Man" is. Discuss who they think the man is and why.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the psychological and physical effects that Venus has on men in "The Long Rain".
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)