|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
2. How old is Bramante?
3. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
4. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
5. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
3. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
4. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
5. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
6. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
7. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
8. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
9. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
10. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man", Martin and the Captain disagree on who "The Man" is. Discuss who they think the man is and why.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the fireworks Father Peregrine saw as a child to the beings on Mars. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast what memories mean to Hitchcock and to Clemens in "No Particular Night or Morning".
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)