|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Bodoni have?
2. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
3. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
4. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
5. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
2. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
3. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
4. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
5. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
6. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
7. Where else are children playing Invasion?
8. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
9. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
10. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of the idiom "the shoe is on the other foot" as it is used in the story "The Other Foot".
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how Doug and his mother feel about space. Use examples from "The Rocket Man".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why in "The Veldt" the children become dependent upon the house and nursery instead of their parents. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)