|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
2. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
3. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
4. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
5. What city does Saul Williams wish to remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
2. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
3. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
4. Where else are children playing Invasion?
5. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
6. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
7. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
8. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
9. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
10. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether the Martians win or the people of earth win when the Martians invade the earth in "The Concrete Mixer". Use examples from the story to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the fireworks Father Peregrine saw as a child to the beings on Mars. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)