|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the city waited for revenge?
2. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
3. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
4. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
5. How old is Mink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
2. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
3. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
4. Where else are children playing Invasion?
5. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
6. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
7. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
8. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
9. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
10. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the Martians win or the people of earth win when the Martians invade the earth in "The Concrete Mixer". Use examples from the story to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological and physical effects that Venus has on men in "The Long Rain".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how Doug and his mother feel about space. Use examples from "The Rocket Man".
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)