|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smith's wife's name?
2. Where does Clemens's girl live?
3. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
4. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
5. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of the idiom "the shoe is on the other foot" as it is used in the story "The Other Foot".
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast what memories mean to Hitchcock and to Clemens in "No Particular Night or Morning".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the characters react when they learn that it is the "Last Night of the World" and why there is no rioting. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)