|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
2. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
3. What are the walls of the city made from?
4. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
5. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
2. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
3. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
4. Where else are children playing Invasion?
5. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
6. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
7. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
8. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
9. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
10. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the actions of the banned authors and their characters affect the astronauts and how the actions of the astronauts affect the banned authors and their characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological and physical effects that Venus has on men in "The Long Rain".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why in "The Veldt" the children become dependent upon the house and nursery instead of their parents. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)