|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Smith's wife's name?
2. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
3. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
4. How many children does Bodoni have?
5. What song is being played on the bandstand at the beginning of "The Fox and the Forest"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
2. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
3. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
4. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
5. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
6. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
7. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
8. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
9. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
10. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the fireworks Father Peregrine saw as a child to the beings on Mars. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how greed destroys happiness in "The Visitor". Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from "The Exiles", discuss how technology stifles imagination.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)