|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
2. What city does Saul Williams wish to remember?
3. Where does Braling keep his Marionette?
4. What age of children are playing Invasion?
5. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where else are children playing Invasion?
2. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
3. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
4. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
5. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
6. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
7. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
8. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
9. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
10. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the Martians win or the people of earth win when the Martians invade the earth in "The Concrete Mixer". Use examples from the story to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
In "The Man", Martin and the Captain disagree on who "The Man" is. Discuss who they think the man is and why.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict that occurs in "The Marionette".
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)