|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
2. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
3. How long had the city waited for revenge?
4. What song is being played on the bandstand at the beginning of "The Fox and the Forest"?
5. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
2. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
3. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
4. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
5. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
6. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
7. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
8. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
9. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
10. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man", Martin and the Captain disagree on who "The Man" is. Discuss who they think the man is and why.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how Doug and his mother feel about space. Use examples from "The Rocket Man".
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Hernando cannot understand what a young man means when he says that it is the end of the world. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)