|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
2. How many children does Bodoni have?
3. How long had the city waited for revenge?
4. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
5. How old is Leonard Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
2. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
3. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
4. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
5. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
6. Where else are children playing Invasion?
7. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
8. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
9. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
10. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from "The Exiles", discuss how technology stifles imagination.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological and physical effects that Venus has on men in "The Long Rain".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast what memories mean to Hitchcock and to Clemens in "No Particular Night or Morning".
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)