|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
2. How long had the city waited for revenge?
3. How old is Leonard Mark?
4. What are the walls of the city made from?
5. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
2. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
3. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
4. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
5. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
6. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
7. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
8. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
9. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
10. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the reactions of the men in "Kaleidoscope" when they find themselves floating in space and know they are about to die.
Essay Topic 2
In "The Veldt", technology becomes dangerous. Discuss the threat of ever-increasing technology, using examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why in "The Veldt" the children become dependent upon the house and nursery instead of their parents. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)