|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Venus sometimes called?
2. Who comes to look at the nursery?
3. What are some of the cars that suddenly came rushing down the highway?
4. When did the women dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
5. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
2. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
3. What does Martin say to the Captain when he insists on interrogating the people in the city?
4. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
5. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
6. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
7. How did Hernando get his shoes?
8. Why does the mayor believe that the Fathers should minister in First Town?
9. What were some scenes that George had seen in the nursery over the last year?
10. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the actions of the banned authors and their characters affect the astronauts and how the actions of the astronauts affect the banned authors and their characters.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the reactions of the men in "Kaleidoscope" when they find themselves floating in space and know they are about to die.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Veldt", technology becomes dangerous. Discuss the threat of ever-increasing technology, using examples from the story.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)