|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
2. Who killed Willie's father?
3. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
4. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
5. What color ring is tattooed around the Illustrated Man's neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
2. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
3. Why do the townspeople not come when the rocket lands on the planet?
4. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
5. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
6. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
7. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
8. What happened during the third World War?
9. Why was it unusual that a car had not driven along the highway for more than an hour?
10. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the fireworks Father Peregrine saw as a child to the beings on Mars. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why in "The Veldt" the children become dependent upon the house and nursery instead of their parents. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the meaning of the idiom "the shoe is on the other foot" as it is used in the story "The Other Foot".
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)