|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
2. How long has Doug's father been going off into space?
3. How many healing miracles were performed on the planet?
4. What does the woman have to turn off in "The Last Night of the World"?
5. Which of the men who crash on Venus makes it to a functioning Sun Dome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
2. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
3. What happened during the third World War?
4. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
5. What dream did the narrator have in "The Last Night of the World"?
6. How does the narrator describe the Illustrated Man's tattoos?
7. What is a Sun Dome?
8. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
9. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
10. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how greed destroys happiness in "The Visitor". Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the reactions of the men in "Kaleidoscope" when they find themselves floating in space and know they are about to die.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Veldt", technology becomes dangerous. Discuss the threat of ever-increasing technology, using examples from the story.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)