|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair do the girls have in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. How was Willie's mother killed?
3. Whose house does Hattie walk to while she asks the children to stay at home?
4. Where is the narrator walking when he meets the Illustrated Man?
5. Which cluster of meteors does Stone believe he is floating in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
2. What were some scenes that George had seen in the nursery over the last year?
3. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
4. What happened during the third World War?
5. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
6. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
7. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
8. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
9. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
10. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether the men in "Kaleidoscope" decide if how they lived their lives matters when it comes time to die.
Essay Topic 2
In "The Veldt", technology becomes dangerous. Discuss the threat of ever-increasing technology, using examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict that occurs in "The Marionette".
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)