Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone compare meteors to?
2. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
3. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
4. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
5. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
2. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
3. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
4. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
5. Where else are children playing Invasion?
6. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
7. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
8. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
9. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
10. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological and physical effects that Venus has on men in "The Long Rain".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why "The Rocket Man" is caught between two worlds. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)