|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the tattoo that changes to show the life of someone who spends time with the Illustrated Man?
2. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
3. What month does the narrator meet the Illustrated Man?
4. What is the name of the rocket that will take the Fathers to Mars?
5. How old does Hernando believe the driver of the last vehicle is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
2. Why has the white man come to Mars?
3. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
4. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
5. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
6. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
7. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
8. How does the narrator describe the Illustrated Man's tattoos?
9. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
10. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man", Martin and the Captain disagree on who "The Man" is. Discuss who they think the man is and why.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Hernando cannot understand what a young man means when he says that it is the end of the world. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from "The Exiles", discuss how technology stifles imagination.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)