|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men who crash on Venus makes it to a functioning Sun Dome?
2. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
3. What color eyes do Wendy and Peter have?
4. What time does Captain Hart walk into the city accompanied by Lieutenant Martin and an assistant?
5. Who comes to look at the nursery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mayor believe that the Fathers should minister in First Town?
2. Why does Doug sneak his father's uniform out of the sleeping room?
3. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
4. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
5. What happened during the third World War?
6. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
7. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
8. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
9. What is a Sun Dome?
10. What dream did the narrator have in "The Last Night of the World"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how greed destroys happiness in "The Visitor". Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "The Exiles", discuss how technology stifles imagination.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)