|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the mayor say broke a leg and was rescued by the blue lights?
2. What did Burton and Ashley's rocket ships run into 48 hours ago?
3. From what country are many of the workers in First City?
4. How many people does the Captain say he interviewed regarding the man?
5. What are some of the cars that suddenly came rushing down the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it unusual that a car had not driven along the highway for more than an hour?
2. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
3. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
4. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
5. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
6. Why do Doug and his mother not want to see the sun at the end of the chapter?
7. How does the narrator describe the Illustrated Man's tattoos?
8. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
9. How did Hernando get his shoes?
10. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the story, discuss the cycle of violence that occurs in "The Other Foot".
Essay Topic 2
In "The Veldt", technology becomes dangerous. Discuss the threat of ever-increasing technology, using examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Hernando cannot understand what a young man means when he says that it is the end of the world. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)