|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many priests travel to Mars?
2. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
3. Where are two girls playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
4. What holiday is Father Peregrine dreaming of as he thinks of his upcoming journey to Mars?
5. Where did Father Peregrine and his cousins see fireworks when he was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hernando get his shoes?
2. Why didn't the white people follow the black people to Mars?
3. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
4. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
5. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
6. What does Martin say to the Captain when he insists on interrogating the people in the city?
7. Why do the townspeople not come when the rocket lands on the planet?
8. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
9. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
10. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Man", Martin and the Captain disagree on who "The Man" is. Discuss who they think the man is and why.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the Martians win or the people of earth win when the Martians invade the earth in "The Concrete Mixer". Use examples from the story to support your arguments.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)