|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Willie's town on Earth?
2. When Captain Hart wants proof that the mayor's son was healed, what is he shown?
3. What is Venus sometimes called?
4. What does George find in the nursery forest?
5. Who comes to look at the nursery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
2. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
3. Why do the townspeople not come when the rocket lands on the planet?
4. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
5. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
6. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
7. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
8. What were some scenes that George had seen in the nursery over the last year?
9. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
10. How does the narrator describe the Illustrated Man's tattoos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how the actions of the banned authors and their characters affect the astronauts and how the actions of the astronauts affect the banned authors and their characters.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the Martians win or the people of earth win when the Martians invade the earth in "The Concrete Mixer". Use examples from the story to support your arguments.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)