Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stone compare meteors to?
2. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
3. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
4. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
5. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
2. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
3. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
4. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
5. Where else are children playing Invasion?
6. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
7. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
8. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
9. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
10. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the characters react when they learn that it is the "Last Night of the World" and why there is no rioting. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the meaning of the idiom "the shoe is on the other foot" as it is used in the story "The Other Foot".
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the story, discuss the cycle of violence that occurs in "The Other Foot".
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)