|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a tattoo is on the Illustrated Man's hand?
2. How many continents are on Venus?
3. What are Hernando's shoes made from?
4. Where did the whites hang Willie's father?
5. What is the boat stored in when the men leave the Venusian body of water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
2. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
3. What has the nursery become to the children?
4. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
5. How did Hernando get his shoes?
6. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
7. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
8. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
9. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
10. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why "The Rocket Man" is caught between two worlds. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
In "The Man", Martin and the Captain disagree on who "The Man" is. Discuss who they think the man is and why.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from "The Exiles", discuss how technology stifles imagination.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)