|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the unknown man heal on the mayor's son?
2. How does Simmons die?
3. What color shades does Doug buy his mother when she says it is too light to sleep?
4. What are some of the cars that suddenly came rushing down the highway?
5. What is the name of the town on Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
2. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
3. How did Hernando get his shoes?
4. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
5. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
6. Why does Doug sneak his father's uniform out of the sleeping room?
7. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
8. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
9. Does anyone see Hollis when he hits the atmosphere?
10. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the Martians win or the people of earth win when the Martians invade the earth in "The Concrete Mixer". Use examples from the story to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast what memories mean to Hitchcock and to Clemens in "No Particular Night or Morning".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how greed destroys happiness in "The Visitor". Use examples from the story.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)