|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many continents are on Venus?
2. Who tells the Captain not to pull rank?
3. Doug's father buys tickets for a trip. Where do Doug and his parents go for a trip?
4. What does George believe that the lions in the nursery have been eating?
5. Where did the whites hang Willie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the third World War?
2. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
3. Does anyone see Hollis when he hits the atmosphere?
4. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
5. Why has the white man come to Mars?
6. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
7. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
8. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
9. Why didn't the white people follow the black people to Mars?
10. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Doug and his mother feel about space. Use examples from "The Rocket Man".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why "The Rocket Man" is caught between two worlds. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)