|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hernando and his wife use for a bowl?
2. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
3. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
4. Where does the captain end up when he floats off?
5. What holiday is Father Peregrine dreaming of as he thinks of his upcoming journey to Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream did the narrator have in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
3. Why didn't the white people follow the black people to Mars?
4. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
5. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
6. What is a Sun Dome?
7. What happened during the third World War?
8. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
9. Does anyone see Hollis when he hits the atmosphere?
10. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of the idiom "the shoe is on the other foot" as it is used in the story "The Other Foot".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological and physical effects that Venus has on men in "The Long Rain".
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from "The Exiles", discuss how technology stifles imagination.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)