|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
2. Which of the men who crash on Venus makes it to a functioning Sun Dome?
3. What does Captain Hart do when the mayor cannot tell him where the man went?
4. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
5. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doug's father ask him to promise never to be a rocket man?
2. What dream did the narrator have in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. Why do Doug and his mother not want to see the sun at the end of the chapter?
4. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
5. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
6. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
7. Why has the white man come to Mars?
8. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
9. How does the narrator describe the Illustrated Man's tattoos?
10. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what memories mean to Hitchcock and to Clemens in "No Particular Night or Morning".
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "The Exiles", discuss how technology stifles imagination.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the characters react when they learn that it is the "Last Night of the World" and why there is no rioting. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)