|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
2. In "The Last Night of the World", what time do the girls go to bed?
3. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
4. From what country are many of the workers in First City?
5. Where is the tattoo that changes to show the life of someone who spends time with the Illustrated Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the white man come to Mars?
2. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
3. What does David McClean recommend that George and Lydia do with the nursery?
4. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
5. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
6. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
7. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
8. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
9. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
10. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why "The Rocket Man" is caught between two worlds. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the story, discuss the cycle of violence that occurs in "The Other Foot".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast what memories mean to Hitchcock and to Clemens in "No Particular Night or Morning".
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)