|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the psychologist think it will take to make good children out of bad?
2. What is the name of the town on Mars?
3. What was the name of Willie's town on Earth?
4. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
5. Which of the men who crash on Venus makes it to a functioning Sun Dome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
2. Why does the mayor believe that the Fathers should minister in First Town?
3. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
4. Why does Doug sneak his father's uniform out of the sleeping room?
5. What does Martin say to the Captain when he insists on interrogating the people in the city?
6. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
7. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
8. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
9. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
10. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Doug and his mother feel about space. Use examples from "The Rocket Man".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the psychological and physical effects that Venus has on men in "The Long Rain".
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the fireworks Father Peregrine saw as a child to the beings on Mars. Use examples from the story.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)