|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last vehicle that goes past Hernando on the highway?
2. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
3. What year does Hattie remember when she was a little girl?
4. How many illustrations are on the Illustrated Man?
5. How many continents are on Venus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
2. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
3. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
4. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
5. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
6. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
7. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
8. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
9. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
10. How does the narrator describe the Illustrated Man's tattoos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the actions of the banned authors and their characters affect the astronauts and how the actions of the astronauts affect the banned authors and their characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why in "The Veldt" the children become dependent upon the house and nursery instead of their parents. Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Mrs. Morris did not realize that Mink and the other children really were planning an invasion. Use examples from "Zero Hour".
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)