|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the city waited for revenge?
(a) 10,000 years.
(b) 25,000 years.
(c) 15,000 years.
(d) 20,000 years.
2. What is Smith's wife's name?
3. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A face.
(b) The shape of an animal.
(c) A flower.
(d) The shape of a woman.
4. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
5. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A lion killing a sheep.
(b) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(c) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
(d) A bear killing a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bodonis draw straws to see who will ride on a rocket, who draws the short straw the first time?
2. How old is Leonard Mark?
3. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
4. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
5. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
2. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
3. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
4. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
5. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
6. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
7. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
8. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
9. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
10. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)