|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A boulder.
(c) A rock wall.
(d) A beetle.
2. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A bear killing a child.
(b) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
(c) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(d) A lion killing a sheep.
3. How long had the city waited for revenge?
(a) 20,000 years.
(b) 15,000 years.
(c) 10,000 years.
(d) 25,000 years.
4. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
5. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Back in Time, Inc.
(b) Time Travelers, Ltd.
(c) Travel in Time, Inc.
(d) Back to the Past, Ltd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
2. What are the walls of the city made from?
3. Including Ettil, how many Martians are on the rocket that lands in Greentown, California?
4. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
5. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
2. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
3. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
4. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
5. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
6. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
7. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
8. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
9. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
10. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)