|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
(a) Putting on his shirt.
(b) Having a snack.
2. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
3. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A flower.
(b) The shape of a woman.
(c) A face.
(d) The shape of an animal.
4. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
5. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Near the eastern horizon.
(b) Half way up in the sky.
(c) High in the sky.
(d) Near the western horizon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the city waited for revenge?
2. How old is Mink?
3. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
4. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
5. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
2. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
3. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
4. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
5. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
6. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
7. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
8. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
9. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
10. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)