|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A rock wall.
2. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) High in the sky.
(b) Near the eastern horizon.
(c) Half way up in the sky.
(d) Near the western horizon.
3. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Back in Time, Inc.
(b) Travel in Time, Inc.
(c) Time Travelers, Ltd.
(d) Back to the Past, Ltd.
4. How old is Bramante?
5. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
2. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
3. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
4. What did Saul Williams and another sick man discuss six months ago?
5. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
2. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
3. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
4. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
5. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
6. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
7. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
8. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
9. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
10. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)