|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
(a) 1100 hours.
(b) 1200 hours.
(c) 1230 hours.
(d) 1305 hours.
2. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
3. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
4. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(b) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
(c) 3 tons of lemons.
(d) A railroad car full of popcorn.
5. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Edgar Rice Burroughs.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Lewis Carrol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
2. Where does Clemens's girl live?
3. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
4. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
5. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
2. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
3. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
4. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
5. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
6. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
7. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
8. Where else are children playing Invasion?
9. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
10. Why did Hitchcock decide to go into space?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)