|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. Including Ettil, how many Martians are on the rocket that lands in Greentown, California?
3. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A lion killing a sheep.
(b) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(c) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
(d) A bear killing a child.
4. How old is Mink?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
5. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
2. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
3. How old are Smith and Braling?
4. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
5. Where does Clemens's girl live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where else are children playing Invasion?
2. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
3. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
4. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
5. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
6. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
7. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
8. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
9. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
10. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)