|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the movie producer who wants to hire Ettil as an advisor for a movie about the Mars invasion?
(a) B. B. Vander Struve.
(b) T. T. Van Domn.
(c) R. R. Van Plank.
(d) M. M. Van Buren.
2. How old is Bramante?
3. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) The shape of an animal.
(b) A face.
(c) The shape of a woman.
(d) A flower.
4. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
5. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
2. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
3. What song is being played on the bandstand at the beginning of "The Fox and the Forest"?
4. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
5. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
2. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
3. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
4. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
5. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
6. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
7. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
8. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
9. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
10. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)