|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator run to?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A police station.
(c) A man driving by in a car.
(d) A small town.
2. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
3. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Near the eastern horizon.
(b) High in the sky.
(c) Half way up in the sky.
(d) Near the western horizon.
4. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
5. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A lion killing a sheep.
(b) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(c) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
(d) A bear killing a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
2. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
3. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
4. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
5. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
2. What does Drill promise the children if they help with the invasion?
3. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
4. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
5. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
6. Where else are children playing Invasion?
7. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
8. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
9. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
10. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)