|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) 3 tons of lemons.
(b) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
(c) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(d) A railroad car full of popcorn.
2. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
(a) 2 1/2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
4. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In their bedroom.
(d) In the attic.
5. What song is being played on the bandstand at the beginning of "The Fox and the Forest"?
(b) "La Bamba" .
(c) "La Paloma".
(d) "La Adelito".
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
2. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
3. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
4. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
5. Including Ettil, how many Martians are on the rocket that lands in Greentown, California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
2. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
3. Why does Saul Williams kidnap Leonard Mark?
4. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
5. Why does Ettil believe that a Martian invasion of Earth will fail?
6. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
7. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
8. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
9. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
10. Where else are children playing Invasion?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)