|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
2. What city does Saul Williams wish to remember?
(c) New York.
3. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Back in Time, Inc.
(b) Back to the Past, Ltd.
(c) Time Travelers, Ltd.
(d) Travel in Time, Inc.
4. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 2 1/2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
5. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
2. What are the walls of the city made from?
3. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
4. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
5. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time does the narrator finish seeing the stories on the Illustrated Man?
2. What does Bramante say will happen if only one member of Bodoni's family goes to Mars?
3. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
4. What did the city do to the captain of the rocket ship?
5. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
6. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
7. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
8. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
9. Why must clients of Marionettes, Inc., be pledged to secrecy?
10. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)