|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
(a) 1200 hours.
(b) 1305 hours.
(c) 1230 hours.
(d) 1100 hours.
2. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
(b) A lion killing a sheep.
(c) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(d) A bear killing a child.
3. Where does Clemens's girl live?
4. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
5. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
(a) Old manuscripts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Saul Williams and another sick man discuss six months ago?
2. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
3. How old is Bramante?
4. How old is Leonard Mark?
5. How old is Mink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
2. What does Hitchcock do at the end of the chapter?
3. What choice does Ettil believe he has after landing on Earth?
4. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
5. Why are men exiled to Mars in "The Visitor"?
6. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
7. What does Braling 2 do with Braling?
8. What tattoo begins to form after the narrator has seen the stories on the Illustrated Man?
9. Why has the city waited twenty thousand years for men from Earth?
10. How did William Travis kill Mr. Simms?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)