|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Hart call the planet he has landed on?
(a) Planet 43 in Star System 3.
(b) Planet 56 in Star System 1.
(c) Planet 67 in Star System 2.
(d) Planet 12 in Star System 4.
2. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
3. How many healing miracles were performed on the planet?
4. When the men circle back to their rocket on Venus, how much food do they have left?
(a) 2 days worth.
(b) 1 days worth.
(c) 4 days worth.
(d) 3 days worth.
5. What does George find in the nursery forest?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A torn blouse.
(c) His old wallet.
(d) A gnawed bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Illustrated Man usually keep a job?
2. How long would the men be able to talk by phone?
3. Which of the men who crash on Venus makes it to a functioning Sun Dome?
4. Where is the tattoo that changes to show the life of someone who spends time with the Illustrated Man?
5. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
2. Why does the mayor believe that the Fathers should minister in First Town?
3. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
4. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
5. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
6. What happened during the third World War?
7. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
8. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
9. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
10. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)