|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a tattoo is on the Illustrated Man's hand?
(a) A rose.
(b) A daffodil.
(c) A tulip.
(d) A daisy.
2. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) An hour.
3. How long does the Illustrated Man usually keep a job?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
4. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
5. Who killed Willie's father?
(a) Dr. Phillips and Mr. Burton.
(b) Mr. Brown and Mr. Davis.
(c) Mr. Halverson and Mr. Tedford.
(d) Dr. Andrews and Mr. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Doug?
2. How many rockets does Captain Hart say were sent out?
3. What are Hernando's shoes made from?
4. What does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" pour himself to drink at the beginning of the chapter?
5. What does the woman have to turn off in "The Last Night of the World"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
2. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
3. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
4. Does anyone see Hollis when he hits the atmosphere?
5. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
6. Why has the white man come to Mars?
7. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
8. Why does Doug sneak his father's uniform out of the sleeping room?
9. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
10. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)