|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does the narrator meet the Illustrated Man?
2. Who comes to look at the nursery?
(a) David McClean.
(b) Alex Franklin.
(c) Bob Mitchell.
(d) Charles Wansor.
3. How does Simmons die?
(a) Kills him himself with his gun.
(b) Dragged into the sea by Venusians.
(d) Sitting on a rock with his head back, breathing the rain.
4. How many wives does Lespere have?
5. What did the unknown man heal on the mayor's son?
(a) Cleft palate.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) Club foot.
(d) Withered arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Doug's father a boy?
2. How was Willie's mother killed?
3. What does George believe that the lions in the nursery have been eating?
4. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
5. What does the woman have to turn off in "The Last Night of the World"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the third World War?
2. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
3. Why does Doug's father ask him to promise never to be a rocket man?
4. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
5. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
6. What dream did the narrator have in "The Last Night of the World"?
7. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
8. Why didn't the white people follow the black people to Mars?
9. Why has the white man come to Mars?
10. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)