|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to look at the nursery?
(a) Alex Franklin.
(b) Bob Mitchell.
(c) Charles Wansor.
(d) David McClean.
2. From what country are many of the workers in First City?
(d) United States.
3. What color shades does Doug buy his mother when she says it is too light to sleep?
4. What food is Hattie Johnson making when the news comes that a rocket is coming?
5. How old was the man when he was illustrated?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the women dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. How many rows in the theater will be designated for whites?
3. How long has Doug's father been going off into space?
4. What is the name of the town on Mars?
5. What does George believe that the lions in the nursery have been eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some scenes that George had seen in the nursery over the last year?
2. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
3. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
4. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
5. How did Hernando get his shoes?
6. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
7. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
8. Why has the white man come to Mars?
9. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
10. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)