|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the narrator have a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Last night.
(b) 2 nights ago.
(c) 3 nights ago.
(d) 4 nights ago.
2. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
3. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. When the men circle back to their rocket on Venus, how much food do they have left?
(a) 4 days worth.
(b) 3 days worth.
(c) 1 days worth.
(d) 2 days worth.
5. What is the name of the town on Mars?
(a) Prime City.
(b) First City.
(c) Prospector's City.
(d) Mining City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair do the girls have in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. What is the date of the last night of the world?
3. What color shades does Doug buy his mother when she says it is too light to sleep?
4. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
5. Where is a little boy located who sees Hollis enter Earth's atmosphere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of things does the house do for the Hadley family?
2. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
3. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
4. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
5. What is a Sun Dome?
6. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
7. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
8. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
9. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
10. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)