|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to look at the nursery?
(a) Alex Franklin.
(b) Bob Mitchell.
(c) David McClean.
(d) Charles Wansor.
2. What does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" pour himself to drink at the beginning of the chapter?
3. Where is the narrator walking when he meets the Illustrated Man?
4. What did Burton and Ashley's rocket ships run into 48 hours ago?
(a) A cosmic storm.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) Solar flares.
(d) Radiation storm.
5. How long has one of the men who is walking in the rain lived on Venus?
(a) 5 years
(b) 15 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair do the girls have in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. Where is a little boy located who sees Hollis enter Earth's atmosphere?
3. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
4. In "The Last Night of the World", what time do the girls go to bed?
5. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
2. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
3. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
4. What has the nursery become to the children?
5. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
6. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
7. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
8. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
9. What does Martin say to the Captain when he insists on interrogating the people in the city?
10. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)