|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) A lightning storm.
(d) Falling down a cliff
2. What was the name of Willie's town on Earth?
(a) Natchez, Mississippi.
(b) Fulton, Louisiana.
(c) Columbus, Georgia.
(d) Greenwater, Alabama.
3. What does Captain Hart do when the mayor cannot tell him where the man went?
(a) Tries to choke the mayor.
(b) Storms back to the rocket.
(c) Shoots the mayor.
(d) Tears up the mayor's office.
4. What does George believe that the lions in the nursery have been eating?
(a) A gazelle or a zebra.
(b) A zebra or baby giraffe.
(c) Wild birds.
(d) A baby hippo.
5. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 11:30 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Doug's father dies, when do he and his mother eat breakfast?
2. What do Doug and his parents have to drink the first evening that Father is home?
3. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
4. How much does Willie believe that the whites should be paid an hour?
5. How was Willie's mother killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does anyone see Hollis when he hits the atmosphere?
2. How did Hernando get his shoes?
3. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
4. What dream did the narrator have in "The Last Night of the World"?
5. What happened during the third World War?
6. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
7. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
8. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
9. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
10. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)