|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town on Mars?
(a) Prospector's City.
(b) First City.
(c) Mining City.
(d) Prime City.
2. What religious denomination does Father Peregrine belong to?
3. How many priests travel to Mars?
4. Who killed Willie's father?
(a) Mr. Brown and Mr. Davis.
(b) Dr. Phillips and Mr. Burton.
(c) Dr. Andrews and Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Halverson and Mr. Tedford.
5. How does Simmons die?
(a) Dragged into the sea by Venusians.
(c) Sitting on a rock with his head back, breathing the rain.
(d) Kills him himself with his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Doug?
2. Which man will burn in Earth's atmosphere?
3. How close do George and Lydia need to get to the nursery for the light to come on?
4. What body parts does Hollis lose to meteors?
5. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Sun Dome?
2. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
3. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
4. What happened during the third World War?
5. What were some scenes that George had seen in the nursery over the last year?
6. What has the nursery become to the children?
7. Why has the white man come to Mars?
8. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
9. Why does Doug's father ask him to promise never to be a rocket man?
10. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)