|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many continents are on Venus?
2. What color hair do the girls have in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. What time does Captain Hart walk into the city accompanied by Lieutenant Martin and an assistant?
(a) 3 p.m.
(b) 1 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
4. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 11:30 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
5. What does George believe that the lions in the nursery have been eating?
(a) A zebra or baby giraffe.
(b) A baby hippo.
(c) A gazelle or a zebra.
(d) Wild birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
2. How old does Hernando believe the driver of the last vehicle is?
3. How many rows in the theater will be designated for whites?
4. What is the date of the last night of the world?
5. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the third World War?
2. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
3. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
4. Why do the townspeople not come when the rocket lands on the planet?
5. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
6. Why does Doug sneak his father's uniform out of the sleeping room?
7. What is a Sun Dome?
8. How does the narrator describe the Illustrated Man's tattoos?
9. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
10. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)