|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
2. How many priests travel to Mars?
3. How large is the nursery?
(a) 60 feet across by 35 feet long and 30 feet high.
(b) 75 feet across by 55 feet long and 40 feet high.
(c) 40 feet across by 40 feet long and 30 feet high.
(d) 20 feet across by 20 feet long and 35 feet high.
4. Where does Doug's father's rocket fall?
(a) Into Saturn.
(b) On Venus.
(c) Into the sun.
(d) On Mars.
5. What does the narrator eat the afternoon he meets the Illustrated Man?
(a) Eggs, ham, and a muffin.
(b) Tuna, bread, and cake.
(c) Roast beef sandwich and a candy bar.
(d) Pork, beans, and a doughnut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. What is the name of the town on Mars?
3. How long has it been since a rocket has landed?
4. Who comes to look at the nursery?
5. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some scenes that George had seen in the nursery over the last year?
2. What does David McClean recommend that George and Lydia do with the nursery?
3. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
4. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
5. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
6. Why do Doug and his mother not want to see the sun at the end of the chapter?
7. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
8. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
9. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
10. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)