|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Venus sometimes called?
2. How old is Peter?
3. How much money did Lespere gamble away one time?
4. In "The Last Night of the World", what time do the girls go to bed?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 9:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 7:30 p.m.
5. Whose house does Hattie walk to while she asks the children to stay at home?
(a) The minister's house.
(b) Elizabeth Brown's house.
(c) The doctor's house.
(d) Amy Peters's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scent can the boy in "Rocket Man" smell from Mars on his father's uniform?
2. What color eyes do Wendy and Peter have?
3. How many people does the Captain say he interviewed regarding the man?
4. What month does the narrator meet the Illustrated Man?
5. What time does Captain Hart walk into the city accompanied by Lieutenant Martin and an assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
2. What has the nursery become to the children?
3. Why does the mayor believe that the Fathers should minister in First Town?
4. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
5. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
6. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
7. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
8. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
9. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
10. Why do Doug and his mother not want to see the sun at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)