|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Doug's father's rocket fall?
(a) Into Saturn.
(b) Into the sun.
(c) On Venus.
(d) On Mars.
2. How old does Hernando believe the driver of the last vehicle is?
3. How long has Doug's father been going off into space?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. Where is the narrator walking when he meets the Illustrated Man?
5. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
2. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
3. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
4. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
5. Where did the whites hang Willie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the third World War?
2. What dream did the narrator have in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
4. How did Hernando get his shoes?
5. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
6. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
7. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
8. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
9. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
10. How does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" say that the world will end?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)