|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Simmons die?
(a) Kills him himself with his gun.
(b) Dragged into the sea by Venusians.
(c) Sitting on a rock with his head back, breathing the rain.
2. What does George find in the nursery forest?
(a) A gnawed bone.
(b) A torn blouse.
(c) A shoe.
(d) His old wallet.
3. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
4. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
(a) On his legs.
(b) From his neck to his belt line.
(c) On his arms.
(d) On his face.
5. When did the women dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) The night before last.
(b) Last night.
(c) 3 nights ago.
(d) 4 nights ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since a rocket has landed?
2. How many illustrations are on the Illustrated Man?
3. How many Sun Domes are on Venus?
4. How many cars does Hernando believe pass him on the highway?
5. What are Hernando's shoes made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
2. Why has the white man come to Mars?
3. What does David McClean recommend that George and Lydia do with the nursery?
4. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
5. Will Captain Hart ever find the man?
6. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
7. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
8. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
9. What does Martin say to the Captain when he insists on interrogating the people in the city?
10. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)