|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George find in the nursery forest?
(a) A shoe.
(b) His old wallet.
(c) A torn blouse.
(d) A gnawed bone.
2. What does Captain Hart do when the mayor cannot tell him where the man went?
(a) Tears up the mayor's office.
(b) Tries to choke the mayor.
(c) Shoots the mayor.
(d) Storms back to the rocket.
3. When did the women dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Last night.
(b) 4 nights ago.
(c) 3 nights ago.
(d) The night before last.
4. What book did Father Peregrine write?
(a) "Sin and Other Planets".
(b) "The Venusians and Sin".
(c) "The Martians and Sin".
(d) "The Problem of Sin on Other Worlds".
5. What are two girls playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Dress up.
(b) Pick-up sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
3. What food is Hattie Johnson making when the news comes that a rocket is coming?
4. What is the last vehicle that goes past Hernando on the highway?
5. What kind of a tattoo is on the Illustrated Man's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
2. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
3. Why does Doug's father ask him to promise never to be a rocket man?
4. Why does Doug sneak his father's uniform out of the sleeping room?
5. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
6. Why do Doug and his mother not want to see the sun at the end of the chapter?
7. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
8. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
9. Why has the white man come to Mars?
10. Does anyone see Hollis when he hits the atmosphere?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)