|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
(a) Electrical fireflies.
(b) Flying night lights.
(c) Glow sticks.
(d) Tiny robots.
2. How old does Hernando believe the driver of the last vehicle is?
3. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
4. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 11:30 p.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
5. Who does Captain Hart believe is behind the so-called miracles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is George planning to take his family for a vacation?
2. What color eyes do Wendy and Peter have?
3. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
4. How many healing miracles were performed on the planet?
5. How many years has it been since the Illustrated Man had a job that lasted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the white man come to Mars?
2. Why does the mayor believe that the Fathers should minister in First Town?
3. How did Hernando get his shoes?
4. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
5. Describe the "church" that the Fathers build on Mars.
6. What does David McClean recommend that George and Lydia do with the nursery?
7. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
8. Who was the artist who tattooed the Illustrated Man?
9. How do the men walking through the Venusian rain carry a boat?
10. Why do Doug and his mother not want to see the sun at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)