|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone compare meteors to?
(a) A dust storm.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) Shooting stars.
2. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
(a) 20 feet high and 50 feet in diameter.
(b) 15 feet high and 100 feet in diameter.
(c) 12 feet high and 75 feet in diameter.
(d) 10 feet high and 200 feet in diameter.
3. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
4. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 11:30 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color paint does Willie use to paint signs on the trolley cars?
2. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
3. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
4. Whose house does Hattie walk to while she asks the children to stay at home?
5. What does the narrator eat the afternoon he meets the Illustrated Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
2. What are William and Susan Travis's real names and where are they from?
3. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
4. How many races are on Mars according to the mayor of First Town?
5. Where else are children playing Invasion?
6. What was the narrator doing when he met the Illustrated Man?
7. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
8. What will the narrator miss when the world ends?
9. Why is Venus sometimes called China?
10. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)