|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boat stored in when the men leave the Venusian body of water?
(a) Cigarette packet.
(b) A stuff sack.
(c) A waterproof pouch.
(d) A plastic sack.
2. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
(a) A hail storm.
(b) A lightning storm.
(c) Falling down a cliff
(d) An avalanche.
3. When did Burton die?
(a) 2 days ago.
(b) 5 days ago.
(c) 4 days ago.
(d) 2 days ago.
4. How does Simmons die?
(a) Kills him himself with his gun.
(c) Sitting on a rock with his head back, breathing the rain.
(d) Dragged into the sea by Venusians.
5. How old was Willie when he left Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" pour himself to drink at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What does the woman have to turn off in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. What body parts does Hollis lose to meteors?
4. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
5. What are Hernando's shoes made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the townspeople not come when the rocket lands on the planet?
2. Why didn't the white people follow the black people to Mars?
3. Why does the mayor believe that the Fathers should minister in First Town?
4. What is a Sun Dome?
5. What does Mr. Machen say would happen to the banned authors if all their works were destroyed?
6. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
7. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
8. Why does Doug sneak his father's uniform out of the sleeping room?
9. In "The Exiles", what did the captain dream every night until the week they took off from Earth?
10. How does Bodoni take all his children into space?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)