|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
(a) Children laughing.
(b) Bird song.
(c) A scream.
(d) Lions roaring.
2. When did the women dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Last night.
(b) 4 nights ago.
(c) 3 nights ago.
(d) The night before last.
3. How many continents are on Venus?
4. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
(a) Denim jacket.
(b) Yellow sweater.
(c) Navy sweater.
(d) Leather jacket.
5. What is the name of the town on Mars?
(a) Prospector's City.
(b) Mining City.
(c) Prime City.
(d) First City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the cars that suddenly came rushing down the highway?
2. When astronauts are ejected into space, how long does it take for the terror the men feel to dissipate?
3. How long has one of the men who is walking in the rain lived on Venus?
4. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
5. What did Burton and Ashley's rocket ships run into 48 hours ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it unusual that a car had not driven along the highway for more than an hour?
2. Why doesn't Doug's mother allow him to mow the lawn or fix anything around the house?
3. What does the driver of the ancient Ford tell Hernando has happened?
4. What happens to Hollis when a meteor flashes by?
5. Why is Captain Hart irritated at the beginning of "The Man".
6. What happened during the third World War?
7. What happened to the first Sun Dome that the men found?
8. Why does Doug's father ask him to promise never to be a rocket man?
9. What does Martin say to the Captain when he insists on interrogating the people in the city?
10. Why didn't the white people follow the black people to Mars?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)