|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
(a) 12 feet high and 75 feet in diameter.
(b) 15 feet high and 100 feet in diameter.
(c) 10 feet high and 200 feet in diameter.
(d) 20 feet high and 50 feet in diameter.
2. What are two girls playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
(b) Dress up.
(c) Pick-up sticks.
3. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) 3 hours.
4. In the "The Long Rain", how many men are walking in the rain?
5. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George find in the nursery forest?
2. What was the name of Willie's town on Earth?
3. What body parts does Hollis lose to meteors?
4. How old is Doug?
5. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Father Peregrine chosen to be the captain of the missionaries?
2. How would Willie treat the white people if they come to Mars?
3. Why does Doug's father ask him to promise never to be a rocket man?
4. Why does the narrator believe that October 19, 1969, was chosen as the last night of the world?
5. How has the Illustrated Man tried to remove the illustrations?
6. How did Hernando get his shoes?
7. Does anyone see Hollis when he hits the atmosphere?
8. Why couldn't the men collect themselves and formulate a plan?
9. Why did Applegate lie about blackballing Hollis?
10. Why was Hernando standing in the rain by the highway?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)