|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
(b) 3 tons of lemons.
(c) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(d) A railroad car full of popcorn.
2. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
(a) His quarters.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The exercise room.
(d) Flight deck.
3. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
4. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(b) A lion killing a sheep.
(c) A bear killing a child.
(d) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
5. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
(b) Old manuscripts.
6. What is Smith's wife's name?
7. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
8. How old is Bramante?
9. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
10. What are the walls of the city made from?
11. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
12. Where does Braling keep his Marionette?
(a) In a locked closet.
(b) In a toolbox in the cellar.
(c) Locked in the attic.
(d) In a vault.
13. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
14. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In their bedroom.
15. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
(a) To get an angel food cake recipe.
(b) To get the black-and-white cake recipe.
(c) To get a beef roast recipe.
(d) To get a pork roast recipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
2. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
3. What city does Saul Williams wish to remember?
4. How old is Mink?
5. What age of children are playing Invasion?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)