|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
(a) Flight deck.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) His quarters.
(d) The exercise room.
2. When the Bodonis draw straws to see who will ride on a rocket, who draws the short straw the first time?
(a) Mrs. Bodoni.
3. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Nearly 11 p.m.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Almost 1 a.m.
(d) Nearly 2 a.m.
4. How many children does Bodoni have?
5. How old are Smith and Braling?
(a) Around 30.
(b) About 35.
(c) About 25.
(d) Around 40.
6. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
7. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
(a) Brian Rollins.
(b) Ted Callaway.
(c) Bob Minton.
(d) Joe Melton.
8. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
9. What is the name of the movie producer who wants to hire Ettil as an advisor for a movie about the Mars invasion?
(a) B. B. Vander Struve.
(b) T. T. Van Domn.
(c) M. M. Van Buren.
(d) R. R. Van Plank.
10. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A lion killing a sheep.
(b) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
(c) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(d) A bear killing a child.
11. In "The Exiles", what is the date?
12. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
(b) A railroad car full of popcorn.
(c) 3 tons of lemons.
(d) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
13. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
14. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
15. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Lewis Carrol.
(d) Edgar Rice Burroughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
2. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
3. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
4. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
5. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)