|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
(a) Brian Rollins.
(b) Bob Minton.
(c) Joe Melton.
(d) Ted Callaway.
2. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A flower.
(b) The shape of an animal.
(c) A face.
(d) The shape of a woman.
3. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Almost 1 a.m.
(b) Nearly 11 p.m.
(c) Nearly 2 a.m.
(d) Almost midnight.
4. In "The Exiles", what is the date?
5. What is Smith's wife's name?
6. What are the walls of the city made from?
7. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
8. What age of children are playing Invasion?
(a) Under eight years old.
(b) Under twelve years old.
(c) Under fourteen years old.
(d) Under ten years old.
9. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
10. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
11. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
(a) To get the black-and-white cake recipe.
(b) To get a pork roast recipe.
(c) To get a beef roast recipe.
(d) To get an angel food cake recipe.
12. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In their bedroom.
13. Where does Clemens's girl live?
14. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
15. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
2. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
3. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
4. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
5. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)