|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
2. Where does Braling keep his Marionette?
(a) In a vault.
(b) In a locked closet.
(c) In a toolbox in the cellar.
(d) Locked in the attic.
3. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
4. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
(a) Joe Melton.
(b) Bob Minton.
(c) Brian Rollins.
(d) Ted Callaway.
5. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
6. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Near the western horizon.
(b) High in the sky.
(c) Near the eastern horizon.
(d) Half way up in the sky.
7. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
8. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
9. What is Smith's wife's name?
10. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
11. How old is Leonard Mark?
12. How old is Mink?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
13. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Nearly 2 a.m.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Nearly 11 p.m.
(d) Almost 1 a.m.
14. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
15. How many children does Bodoni have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
2. How much do Marionettes cost?
3. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
4. In "The Exiles", what is the date?
5. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)