|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In their bedroom.
(d) In the cellar.
2. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
(a) A million miles.
(b) A hundred thousand miles.
(c) A trillion miles.
(d) A billion miles.
3. How much do Marionettes cost?
(a) $20,000 to $39,000.
(b) $7,600 to $15,000.
(c) $5,000 to $12,000.
(d) $10,000 to $19,000.
4. What age of children are playing Invasion?
(a) Under ten years old.
(b) Under twelve years old.
(c) Under fourteen years old.
(d) Under eight years old.
5. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
(a) Roll-off wrecker.
(b) Vehicle dismantler.
(c) Scrap processor.
(d) Aluminum furnace.
6. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 1/2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
7. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
8. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A rock wall.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A boulder.
9. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
(a) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
(b) "O Tannebaum".
(c) "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
(d) "Good King Wenceslas".
10. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
11. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
12. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(b) A railroad car full of popcorn.
(c) 3 tons of lemons.
(d) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
13. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
(a) Joe Melton.
(b) Ted Callaway.
(c) Brian Rollins.
(d) Bob Minton.
14. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A bear killing a child.
(b) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(c) A lion killing a sheep.
(d) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
15. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Time Travelers, Ltd.
(b) Back in Time, Inc.
(c) Back to the Past, Ltd.
(d) Travel in Time, Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
2. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
3. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
4. How old is Leonard Mark?
5. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)