|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In their bedroom.
(d) In the garage.
2. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
(a) "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
(b) "Good King Wenceslas".
(c) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
(d) "O Tannebaum".
3. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
(a) Edgar Rice Burroughs.
(b) Lewis Carrol.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
4. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
(a) Mexico City.
5. What age of children are playing Invasion?
(a) Under fourteen years old.
(b) Under ten years old.
(c) Under twelve years old.
(d) Under eight years old.
6. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
(a) "California, Here I Come".
(b) "America the Beautiful".
(c) "My Country 'Tis of Thee".
(d) "This Land is Your Land".
7. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Near the western horizon.
(b) High in the sky.
(c) Half way up in the sky.
(d) Near the eastern horizon.
8. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
9. How old is Bramante?
10. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
(a) Chronic cough syndrome.
(c) Blood rust.
11. What is the name of the movie producer who wants to hire Ettil as an advisor for a movie about the Mars invasion?
(a) B. B. Vander Struve.
(b) R. R. Van Plank.
(c) T. T. Van Domn.
(d) M. M. Van Buren.
12. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
(a) Designing nuclear warheads.
(b) Creating germ warfare.
(c) Building bombers.
(d) Making bombs.
13. How old is Leonard Mark?
14. When the Bodonis draw straws to see who will ride on a rocket, who draws the short straw the first time?
(a) Mrs. Bodoni.
15. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
2. What did Saul Williams and another sick man discuss six months ago?
3. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
4. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
5. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)