|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
2. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
(a) 1100 hours.
(b) 1230 hours.
(c) 1200 hours.
(d) 1305 hours.
3. What age of children are playing Invasion?
(a) Under twelve years old.
(b) Under eight years old.
(c) Under ten years old.
(d) Under fourteen years old.
4. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Almost midnight.
(b) Nearly 11 p.m.
(c) Nearly 2 a.m.
(d) Almost 1 a.m.
5. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
(a) Lewis Carrol.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Edgar Rice Burroughs.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
6. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Back in Time, Inc.
(b) Back to the Past, Ltd.
(c) Travel in Time, Inc.
(d) Time Travelers, Ltd.
7. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A rock wall.
(d) A beetle.
8. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
9. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
(a) "O Tannebaum".
(b) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
(c) "Good King Wenceslas".
(d) "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
10. Where does Braling keep his Marionette?
(a) In a toolbox in the cellar.
(b) In a locked closet.
(c) Locked in the attic.
(d) In a vault.
11. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
12. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
(b) Blood rust.
(c) Chronic cough syndrome.
13. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
(a) To get a beef roast recipe.
(b) To get the black-and-white cake recipe.
(c) To get a pork roast recipe.
(d) To get an angel food cake recipe.
14. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
(a) Old manuscripts.
15. What did Saul Williams and another sick man discuss six months ago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
2. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
3. Where does Clemens's girl live?
4. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
5. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)