|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A rock wall.
2. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
(c) Having a snack.
(d) Putting on his shirt.
3. What is Smith's wife's name?
4. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
5. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
6. What city does Saul Williams wish to remember?
(b) New York.
7. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
(a) Dr. Alexander.
(b) Dr. Edwards.
(c) Dr. Charles.
(d) Dr. Wyatt.
8. How many children does Bodoni have?
9. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
(a) That he was a lion.
(b) That he was a deer.
(c) That he was a bear.
(d) That he was a white wolf.
10. How old is Bramante?
11. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
12. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
(a) Scrap processor.
(b) Roll-off wrecker.
(c) Aluminum furnace.
(d) Vehicle dismantler.
13. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
14. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
(a) Joe Melton.
(b) Brian Rollins.
(c) Ted Callaway.
(d) Bob Minton.
15. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Almost 1 a.m.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Nearly 2 a.m.
(d) Nearly 11 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bodonis draw straws to see who will ride on a rocket, who draws the short straw the first time?
2. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
3. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
4. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
5. What age of children are playing Invasion?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)