|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
(a) Mexico City.
2. How old is Mink?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
3. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
4. How long had the city waited for revenge?
(a) 25,000 years.
(b) 20,000 years.
(c) 10,000 years.
(d) 15,000 years.
5. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
(a) That he was a bear.
(b) That he was a deer.
(c) That he was a white wolf.
(d) That he was a lion.
6. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
7. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
8. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
(a) "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
(b) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
(c) "Good King Wenceslas".
(d) "O Tannebaum".
9. How much do Marionettes cost?
(a) $7,600 to $15,000.
(b) $5,000 to $12,000.
(c) $10,000 to $19,000.
(d) $20,000 to $39,000.
10. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A boulder.
(c) A rock wall.
(d) A beetle.
11. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
(a) A hundred thousand miles.
(b) A trillion miles.
(c) A billion miles.
(d) A million miles.
12. What are the walls of the city made from?
13. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
14. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
(a) Building bombers.
(b) Making bombs.
(c) Creating germ warfare.
(d) Designing nuclear warheads.
15. What is Smith's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
2. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
3. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
4. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
5. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)