|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Bramante?
2. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
3. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
(a) 2 1/2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
4. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
5. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
6. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
7. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
8. What is Smith's wife's name?
9. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
10. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
11. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
12. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
(c) Putting on his shirt.
(d) Having a snack.
13. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
(a) Building bombers.
(b) Creating germ warfare.
(c) Designing nuclear warheads.
(d) Making bombs.
14. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
(a) To get an angel food cake recipe.
(b) To get a pork roast recipe.
(c) To get the black-and-white cake recipe.
(d) To get a beef roast recipe.
15. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the walls of the city made from?
2. What song is being played on the bandstand at the beginning of "The Fox and the Forest"?
3. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
4. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
5. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)