|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 1/2 hours.
2. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
3. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
(a) "California, Here I Come".
(b) "My Country 'Tis of Thee".
(c) "This Land is Your Land".
(d) "America the Beautiful".
4. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
(a) Designing nuclear warheads.
(b) Making bombs.
(c) Building bombers.
(d) Creating germ warfare.
5. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
(a) The infirmary.
(b) Flight deck.
(c) The exercise room.
(d) His quarters.
6. What is Smith's wife's name?
7. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
8. What are the walls of the city made from?
9. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) 3 tons of lemons.
(b) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(c) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
(d) A railroad car full of popcorn.
10. Where does the narrator run to?
(a) A small town.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A man driving by in a car.
(d) A police station.
11. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A rock wall.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A boulder.
12. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
(a) "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
(b) "Good King Wenceslas".
(c) "O Tannebaum".
(d) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
13. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
14. How old is Bramante?
15. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
(a) That he was a lion.
(b) That he was a deer.
(c) That he was a bear.
(d) That he was a white wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
2. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
3. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
4. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
5. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)