|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the walls of the city made from?
2. How long had the city waited for revenge?
(a) 20,000 years.
(b) 10,000 years.
(c) 25,000 years.
(d) 15,000 years.
3. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
(a) A hundred thousand miles.
(b) A trillion miles.
(c) A billion miles.
(d) A million miles.
4. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
(b) Mexico City.
5. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
6. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
(a) "America the Beautiful".
(b) "This Land is Your Land".
(c) "My Country 'Tis of Thee".
(d) "California, Here I Come".
7. What is the name of the film director of the American motion picture company that William and Susan Travis observe?
(a) Brian Rollins.
(b) Ted Callaway.
(c) Bob Minton.
(d) Joe Melton.
8. How old is Mink?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
9. How many children does Bodoni have?
10. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
11. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Almost midnight.
(b) Nearly 11 p.m.
(c) Nearly 2 a.m.
(d) Almost 1 a.m.
12. How old are Smith and Braling?
(a) About 35.
(b) About 25.
(c) Around 30.
(d) Around 40.
13. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
14. What is the name of the movie producer who wants to hire Ettil as an advisor for a movie about the Mars invasion?
(a) T. T. Van Domn.
(b) R. R. Van Plank.
(c) B. B. Vander Struve.
(d) M. M. Van Buren.
15. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
2. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
3. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
4. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
5. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)