|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
(a) Old manuscripts.
2. When the Bodonis draw straws to see who will ride on a rocket, who draws the short straw the first time?
(c) Mrs. Bodoni.
3. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
(a) Flight deck.
(b) His quarters.
(c) The exercise room.
(d) The infirmary.
4. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(b) 3 tons of lemons.
(c) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
(d) A railroad car full of popcorn.
5. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
6. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
(a) 1230 hours.
(b) 1200 hours.
(c) 1305 hours.
(d) 1100 hours.
7. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A rock wall.
(d) A boulder.
8. What is the name of the movie producer who wants to hire Ettil as an advisor for a movie about the Mars invasion?
(a) B. B. Vander Struve.
(b) M. M. Van Buren.
(c) R. R. Van Plank.
(d) T. T. Van Domn.
9. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
(c) Chronic cough syndrome.
(d) Blood rust.
10. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
11. How much do Marionettes cost?
(a) $10,000 to $19,000.
(b) $20,000 to $39,000.
(c) $7,600 to $15,000.
(d) $5,000 to $12,000.
12. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Half way up in the sky.
(b) Near the western horizon.
(c) High in the sky.
(d) Near the eastern horizon.
13. How old is Bramante?
14. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Back in Time, Inc.
(b) Travel in Time, Inc.
(c) Time Travelers, Ltd.
(d) Back to the Past, Ltd.
15. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
(a) Aluminum furnace.
(b) Roll-off wrecker.
(c) Scrap processor.
(d) Vehicle dismantler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
2. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
3. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
4. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
5. How old is Leonard Mark?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)