|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
(b) Having a snack.
(c) Putting on his shirt.
2. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
3. How old is Leonard Mark?
4. Including Ettil, how many Martians are on the rocket that lands in Greentown, California?
5. How old is Bramante?
6. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
7. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
8. Where does Braling keep his Marionette?
(a) Locked in the attic.
(b) In a vault.
(c) In a toolbox in the cellar.
(d) In a locked closet.
9. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
(a) To get a beef roast recipe.
(b) To get an angel food cake recipe.
(c) To get a pork roast recipe.
(d) To get the black-and-white cake recipe.
10. What time does Mink say zero hour will be?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
11. In "The Concrete Mixer", what does the band play as the Martians prepare to land on Earth?
(a) "This Land is Your Land".
(b) "My Country 'Tis of Thee".
(c) "America the Beautiful".
(d) "California, Here I Come".
12. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
13. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) A railroad car full of popcorn.
(b) 3 tons of lemons.
(c) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(d) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
14. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
15. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
(a) Vehicle dismantler.
(b) Scrap processor.
(c) Aluminum furnace.
(d) Roll-off wrecker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
2. Where does the narrator run to?
3. What did Saul Williams and another sick man discuss six months ago?
4. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
5. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)