|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
3. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
(a) Dr. Wyatt.
(b) Dr. Charles.
(c) Dr. Alexander.
(d) Dr. Edwards.
4. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
(a) Flight deck.
(b) His quarters.
(c) The infirmary.
(d) The exercise room.
5. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
(a) That he was a bear.
(b) That he was a deer.
(c) That he was a lion.
(d) That he was a white wolf.
6. How long had the city waited for revenge?
(a) 20,000 years.
(b) 10,000 years.
(c) 15,000 years.
(d) 25,000 years.
7. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
8. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
(a) "O Tannebaum".
(b) "Good King Wenceslas".
(c) "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
(d) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
9. In "The Exiles", what is the date?
10. What song is being played on the bandstand at the beginning of "The Fox and the Forest"?
(a) "La Adelito".
(b) "La Paloma".
(c) "La Bamba" .
11. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
(a) Vehicle dismantler.
(b) Aluminum furnace.
(c) Scrap processor.
(d) Roll-off wrecker.
12. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) A flower.
(b) The shape of a woman.
(c) The shape of an animal.
(d) A face.
13. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Nearly 11 p.m.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Nearly 2 a.m.
(d) Almost 1 a.m.
14. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
(a) Blood rust.
(b) Chronic cough syndrome.
15. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 1/2 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Saul Williams and another sick man discuss six months ago?
2. What age of children are playing Invasion?
3. Where does Clemens's girl live?
4. How old are Smith and Braling?
5. How many children does Bodoni have?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)