|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Saul Williams and another sick man discuss six months ago?
2. What is Smith's wife's name?
3. How much do Marionettes cost?
(a) $5,000 to $12,000.
(b) $10,000 to $19,000.
(c) $7,600 to $15,000.
(d) $20,000 to $39,000.
4. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
5. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
6. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
(a) To get the black-and-white cake recipe.
(b) To get a beef roast recipe.
(c) To get an angel food cake recipe.
(d) To get a pork roast recipe.
7. Including Ettil, how many Martians are on the rocket that lands in Greentown, California?
8. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Almost 1 a.m.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Nearly 11 p.m.
(d) Nearly 2 a.m.
9. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) A railroad car full of popcorn.
(b) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
(c) 3 tons of lemons.
(d) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
10. When Saul kidnaps Leonard and takes him to a cave, what does Leonard disguise himself as?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A rock wall.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A beetle.
11. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
(a) Old manuscripts.
12. What are the walls of the city made from?
13. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) The Illustrated Man killing a woman.
(b) A bear killing a child.
(c) A lion killing a sheep.
(d) The Illustrated Man choking the narrator.
14. What is the Illustrated Man doing after the narrator has seen all the stories?
(c) Putting on his shirt.
(d) Having a snack.
15. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
2. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
3. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
4. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
5. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)