|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. What age of children are playing Invasion?
(a) Under eight years old.
(b) Under ten years old.
(c) Under fourteen years old.
(d) Under twelve years old.
3. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
(a) Edgar Rice Burroughs.
(b) Lewis Carrol.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Charles Dickens.
4. How old is Leonard Mark?
5. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
6. Why does Mary Morris's friend Helen call her?
(a) To get an angel food cake recipe.
(b) To get the black-and-white cake recipe.
(c) To get a beef roast recipe.
(d) To get a pork roast recipe.
7. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
8. Where does Hitchcock go after eating lunch?
(a) The infirmary.
(b) The exercise room.
(c) His quarters.
(d) Flight deck.
9. What is Smith's wife's name?
10. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
(a) Vehicle dismantler.
(b) Roll-off wrecker.
(c) Scrap processor.
(d) Aluminum furnace.
11. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
(a) That he was a deer.
(b) That he was a lion.
(c) That he was a white wolf.
(d) That he was a bear.
12. What is William Travis's job back home in the future?
(a) Building bombers.
(b) Designing nuclear warheads.
(c) Creating germ warfare.
(d) Making bombs.
13. How old is Mink?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
14. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Travel in Time, Inc.
(b) Back to the Past, Ltd.
(c) Time Travelers, Ltd.
(d) Back in Time, Inc.
15. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor's name in "No Particular Night or Morning"?
2. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
3. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
4. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
5. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)