|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the movie producer who wants to hire Ettil as an advisor for a movie about the Mars invasion?
(a) T. T. Van Domn.
(b) B. B. Vander Struve.
(c) R. R. Van Plank.
(d) M. M. Van Buren.
2. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
3. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
(a) 1100 hours.
(b) 1230 hours.
(c) 1200 hours.
(d) 1305 hours.
4. What age of children are playing Invasion?
(a) Under ten years old.
(b) Under fourteen years old.
(c) Under eight years old.
(d) Under twelve years old.
5. Where are William and Susan Travis from?
6. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
7. In "The Concrete Mixer", what is presented to the Martians during the welcoming speeches?
(a) 3 tons of lemons.
(b) 2-ton truck full of grapefruit.
(c) A railroad car full of popcorn.
(d) A railroad car full of soft drinks.
8. How old is Bramante?
9. What disease does Saul Williams have that put him in quarantine on Mars?
(b) Chronic cough syndrome.
(d) Blood rust.
10. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) Lewis Carrol.
(c) Edgar Rice Burroughs.
(d) Charles Dickens.
11. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
(a) Old manuscripts.
12. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
(a) Mexico City.
13. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Nearly 11 p.m.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Nearly 2 a.m.
(d) Almost 1 a.m.
14. What equipment in Bodoni's junk yard broke down last week?
(a) Scrap processor.
(b) Aluminum furnace.
(c) Vehicle dismantler.
(d) Roll-off wrecker.
15. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
(a) A billion miles.
(b) A million miles.
(c) A trillion miles.
(d) A hundred thousand miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
2. What does the tattoo show that forms on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
3. In "The Exiles", what is the date?
4. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
5. How old is Mink?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)