|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when the narrator has finished all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Almost 1 a.m.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Nearly 2 a.m.
(d) Nearly 11 p.m.
2. What is the name of the travel agency that William and Susan Travis used to travel to 1938?
(a) Travel in Time, Inc.
(b) Time Travelers, Ltd.
(c) Back to the Past, Ltd.
(d) Back in Time, Inc.
3. How many Americans does Ettil tell his wife Tylla are killed each year in automobiles?
4. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
5. When was Leonard Mark's mother in a blowup of London?
6. Where is the moon when the narrator finishes all the stories on the Illustrated Man?
(a) Near the western horizon.
(b) Near the eastern horizon.
(c) High in the sky.
(d) Half way up in the sky.
7. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
8. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
(a) That he was a lion.
(b) That he was a white wolf.
(c) That he was a deer.
(d) That he was a bear.
9. How long had the city waited for revenge?
(a) 20,000 years.
(b) 25,000 years.
(c) 15,000 years.
(d) 10,000 years.
10. In "The Concrete Mixer", what nationality is the young man in stories who usually thwarts a Martian invasion?
11. When Poe and Bierce enter a small valley and suddenly find themselves on a cobbled street, what song do they hear?
(a) "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
(b) "Good King Wenceslas".
(c) "O Tannebaum".
(d) "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
12. Where else are the children playing Invasion?
13. How many years has Smith been trying to get Braling out for a quiet drink?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
14. Including Ettil, how many Martians are on the rocket that lands in Greentown, California?
15. Where is Braling going on Thursday?
(b) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Bodoni have?
2. Where do Mary and Henry Morris hide from the children at five o'clock?
3. How long does it take Hitchcock to smoke a packet of cigarettes?
4. In "No Particular Night or Morning", when does the lunch bell ring?
5. Whom does Poe want Bierce to warn about the rocket coming to Mars?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)