|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the walls of the city made from?
2. How old is Mink?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
3. How old are Smith and Braling?
(a) Around 30.
(b) Around 40.
(c) About 25.
(d) About 35.
4. Where does the narrator run to?
(a) A small town.
(b) A man driving by in a car.
(c) A police station.
(d) A grocery store.
5. What is the date at the beginning of "The Fox & the Forest"?
6. How long has Bodoni worked in his junk yard?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. How long had the city waited for revenge?
(a) 20,000 years.
(b) 25,000 years.
(c) 10,000 years.
(d) 15,000 years.
8. What begins to form on the empty space upon the Illustrated Man's back?
(a) The shape of a woman.
(b) The shape of an animal.
(c) A face.
(d) A flower.
9. Where does Braling keep his Marionette?
(a) In a locked closet.
(b) In a vault.
(c) In a toolbox in the cellar.
(d) Locked in the attic.
10. How far are Hitchcock and Clemens from Earth?
(a) A trillion miles.
(b) A million miles.
(c) A hundred thousand miles.
(d) A billion miles.
11. How much money does Bodoni have saved?
12. What age of children are playing Invasion?
(a) Under twelve years old.
(b) Under ten years old.
(c) Under fourteen years old.
(d) Under eight years old.
13. How many men come to the planet where the city waits?
14. What city does Saul Williams wish to remember?
(c) New York.
15. Banned authors now live on Mars. When were their books banned on Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rocket ships have come to the waiting city, including the rocket that lands at the beginning of "The City"?
2. What were the people called who lived on the planet where the city waits?
3. What did the Captain in "The Exiles" order at the last minute from the Historical Museum?
4. During what season of the year does a rocket land on a planet where a city waits?
5. What did the captain of the ship in "The Exiles" dream every night the week before they took off from Earth?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)