|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
(a) Glow sticks.
(b) Flying night lights.
(c) Electrical fireflies.
(d) Tiny robots.
2. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
3. How much money did Lespere gamble away one time?
4. Who does the mayor say broke a leg and was rescued by the blue lights?
(a) A day laborer.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A miner
(d) A prospector.
5. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
(a) A scream.
(b) Bird song.
(c) Children laughing.
(d) Lions roaring.
6. What does Stone compare meteors to?
(a) A dust storm.
(b) Shooting stars.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
7. What are Hernando's shoes made from?
(c) An animal skin.
(d) A tire.
8. How many rows in the theater will be designated for whites?
9. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
10. What time does Captain Hart walk into the city accompanied by Lieutenant Martin and an assistant?
(a) 1 p.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
11. What are two girls playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
(b) Pick-up sticks.
(d) Dress up.
12. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
13. Where is the narrator walking when he meets the Illustrated Man?
14. How many rockets does Captain Hart say were sent out?
15. How old does Hernando believe the driver of the last vehicle is?
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Illustrations put on the man's body?
2. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. What is the name of the rocket that will take the Fathers to Mars?
4. How many continents are on Venus?
5. How long has it been since a rocket has landed?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)