Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hernando and his wife use for a bowl?
(a) A pottery bowl.
(b) An old radiator.
(c) A hub cap.
(d) An empty gas can.
2. What present did Doug's father bring his mother one time?
(a) Martian sunflowers.
(b) Martian rocks.
(c) Ore from Callisto.
(d) Moon rocks.
3. When did Burton die?
(a) 2 days ago.
(b) 4 days ago.
(c) 2 days ago.
(d) 5 days ago.
4. When astronauts are ejected into space, how long does it take for the terror the men feel to dissipate?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. How old does Hernando believe the driver of the last vehicle is?
6. How old was Willie when he left Earth?
7. What did Burton and Ashley's rocket ships run into 48 hours ago?
(a) Solar flares.
(b) Radiation storm.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) A cosmic storm.
8. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
9. Where is the narrator walking when he meets the Illustrated Man?
10. After Doug's father dies, when do he and his mother eat breakfast?
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
11. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
(a) Yellow sweater.
(b) Navy sweater.
(c) Denim jacket.
(d) Leather jacket.
12. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
(a) On his legs.
(b) From his neck to his belt line.
(c) On his face.
(d) On his arms.
13. What kind of a tattoo is on the Illustrated Man's hand?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A rose.
(d) A daffodil.
14. What body parts does Hollis lose to meteors?
(a) Right ear and left hand.
(b) Left arm and right leg.
(c) Right toes and left fingers.
(d) Left hand and right foot.
15. What holiday is Father Peregrine dreaming of as he thinks of his upcoming journey to Mars?
(c) 4th of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doug's father buys tickets for a trip. Where do Doug and his parents go for a trip?
2. What is the name of the town on Mars?
3. What is the date of the last night of the world?
4. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
5. How many cars does Hernando believe pass him on the highway?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)