|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many continents are on Venus?
2. How many cars does Hernando believe pass him on the highway?
3. What present did Doug's father bring his mother one time?
(a) Ore from Callisto.
(b) Moon rocks.
(c) Martian sunflowers.
(d) Martian rocks.
4. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Brian Williams.
(b) Stan Willis.
(c) Charles Nelson.
(d) David Nickerson.
5. What color hair do the girls have in "The Last Night of the World"?
6. What is the boat stored in when the men leave the Venusian body of water?
(a) Cigarette packet.
(b) A stuff sack.
(c) A plastic sack.
(d) A waterproof pouch.
7. Where does the captain end up when he floats off?
(a) Toward Pluto.
(b) Toward the sun.
(c) In a meteor swarm.
(d) The moon.
8. When did the narrator have a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 3 nights ago.
(b) 4 nights ago.
(c) 2 nights ago.
(d) Last night.
9. What does Stone compare meteors to?
(a) Shooting stars.
(c) A dust storm.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
10. Which cluster of meteors does Stone believe he is floating in?
(a) Aquarius cluster.
(b) Pleiades cluster.
(c) Aquarid cluster.
(d) Myrmidone cluster.
11. How many of the men's friends are dead back on the rocket they had landed on Venus?
12. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
(a) About a half an hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) 3 hours.
13. Where does Doug's father's rocket fall?
(a) On Mars.
(b) On Venus.
(c) Into Saturn.
(d) Into the sun.
14. Where are two girls playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the parlor rug.
(d) In their bedroom.
15. Where is the tattoo that changes to show the life of someone who spends time with the Illustrated Man?
(a) Left shoulder blade.
(b) Right arm.
(c) Right shoulder blade.
(d) Left arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color paint does Willie use to paint signs on the trolley cars?
2. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
3. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
4. How long has one of the men who is walking in the rain lived on Venus?
5. Where did Father Peregrine and his cousins see fireworks when he was a child?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)