|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is Father Peregrine dreaming of as he thinks of his upcoming journey to Mars?
(d) 4th of July.
2. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
(a) An hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) About a half an hour.
(d) 2 hours.
3. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
4. What type of rock does a woman use to grind corn?
(d) Lava rock.
5. Where do the officers of the rocket ship eat supper?
(a) In the town.
(b) On card tables outside.
(c) Inside the rocket.
(d) On blankets outside.
6. What did the children have for supper?
(a) Tacos and cotton candy.
(b) Strawberry ice cream and hot dogs.
(c) Chocolate ice cream cones and hamburgers.
(d) Pizza and funnel cakes.
7. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
(a) From his neck to his belt line.
(b) On his legs.
(c) On his face.
(d) On his arms.
8. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
(a) A scream.
(b) Lions roaring.
(c) Children laughing.
(d) Bird song.
9. When astronauts are ejected into space, how long does it take for the terror the men feel to dissipate?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
10. How many illustrations are on the Illustrated Man?
11. What do Hernando and his wife use for a bowl?
(a) A hub cap.
(b) An empty gas can.
(c) An old radiator.
(d) A pottery bowl.
12. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
13. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
14. When the men circle back to their rocket on Venus, how much food do they have left?
(a) 3 days worth.
(b) 4 days worth.
(c) 1 days worth.
(d) 2 days worth.
15. What present did Doug's father bring his mother one time?
(a) Martian rocks.
(b) Moon rocks.
(c) Martian sunflowers.
(d) Ore from Callisto.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
2. Where did Father Peregrine and his cousins see fireworks when he was a child?
3. Which man will burn in Earth's atmosphere?
4. How many priests travel to Mars?
5. What color paint does Willie use to paint signs on the trolley cars?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)