|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
(a) Glow sticks.
(b) Tiny robots.
(c) Electrical fireflies.
(d) Flying night lights.
2. How many rockets does Captain Hart say were sent out?
3. How long would the men be able to talk by phone?
(a) About an hour.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) Around 40 minutes.
(d) Around 90 minutes.
4. What does Stone compare meteors to?
(b) A dust storm.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) Shooting stars.
5. Doug's father buys tickets for a trip. Where do Doug and his parents go for a trip?
(a) California and Mexico.
(b) Michigan and Canada.
(c) Florida and Georgia.
(d) Arizona and New Mexico.
6. Where does the captain end up when he floats off?
(a) The moon.
(b) In a meteor swarm.
(c) Toward the sun.
(d) Toward Pluto.
7. How long has it been since a rocket has landed?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 50 years.
8. What kind of a tattoo is on the Illustrated Man's hand?
(a) A rose.
(b) A daffodil.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A tulip.
9. What did the children have for supper?
(a) Chocolate ice cream cones and hamburgers.
(b) Pizza and funnel cakes.
(c) Strawberry ice cream and hot dogs.
(d) Tacos and cotton candy.
10. What does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" pour himself to drink at the beginning of the chapter?
11. What book did Father Peregrine write?
(a) "The Problem of Sin on Other Worlds".
(b) "The Venusians and Sin".
(c) "The Martians and Sin".
(d) "Sin and Other Planets".
12. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
13. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
(a) 10 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
14. How old does Hernando believe the driver of the last vehicle is?
15. How old is Peter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the mayor say broke a leg and was rescued by the blue lights?
2. How old was the man when he was illustrated?
3. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
4. When were the Illustrations put on the man's body?
5. What scent can the boy in "Rocket Man" smell from Mars on his father's uniform?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)