|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the narrator have a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 3 nights ago.
(b) 4 nights ago.
(c) Last night.
(d) 2 nights ago.
2. Where does Doug's father's rocket fall?
(a) On Mars.
(b) Into Saturn.
(c) On Venus.
(d) Into the sun.
3. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 11:30 p.m.
4. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
5. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
(a) Lions roaring.
(b) Children laughing.
(c) A scream.
(d) Bird song.
6. How many priests travel to Mars?
7. Where did Father Peregrine and his cousins see fireworks when he was a child?
(a) His grandfather's house.
(b) At his parents' house.
(c) At the city park.
(d) At an aunt and uncle's house.
8. Where is a little boy located who sees Hollis enter Earth's atmosphere?
9. Where is George planning to take his family for a vacation?
10. What does Stone compare meteors to?
(b) Shooting stars.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A dust storm.
11. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
(a) On his face.
(b) From his neck to his belt line.
(c) On his arms.
(d) On his legs.
12. Which cluster of meteors does Stone believe he is floating in?
(a) Myrmidone cluster.
(b) Aquarid cluster.
(c) Pleiades cluster.
(d) Aquarius cluster.
13. How was Willie's mother killed?
14. How much money did Lespere gamble away one time?
15. Which of the men who crash on Venus makes it to a functioning Sun Dome?
(c) The Lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doug's father buys tickets for a trip. Where do Doug and his parents go for a trip?
2. When were the Illustrations put on the man's body?
3. What color paint does Willie use to paint signs on the trolley cars?
4. Who does the mayor say broke a leg and was rescued by the blue lights?
5. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)