|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
2. How long does the Illustrated Man usually keep a job?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
(a) Falling down a cliff
(b) A lightning storm.
(c) A hail storm.
(d) An avalanche.
4. When the men circle back to their rocket on Venus, how much food do they have left?
(a) 1 days worth.
(b) 2 days worth.
(c) 4 days worth.
(d) 3 days worth.
5. How many years has it been since the Illustrated Man had a job that lasted?
6. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
7. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Brian Williams.
(b) David Nickerson.
(c) Stan Willis.
(d) Charles Nelson.
8. Whose house does Hattie walk to while she asks the children to stay at home?
(a) Elizabeth Brown's house.
(b) Amy Peters's house.
(c) The doctor's house.
(d) The minister's house.
9. What color eyes do Wendy and Peter have?
10. Who does Captain Hart believe is behind the so-called miracles?
11. Where does Doug's father's rocket fall?
(a) Into Saturn.
(b) Into the sun.
(c) On Venus.
(d) On Mars.
12. How many priests travel to Mars?
13. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
(a) Tiny robots.
(b) Flying night lights.
(c) Glow sticks.
(d) Electrical fireflies.
14. How was Willie's mother killed?
15. How much does Willie believe that the whites should be paid an hour?
(b) 20 cents.
(c) 10 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men who crash on Venus makes it to a functioning Sun Dome?
2. After Doug's father dies, when do he and his mother eat breakfast?
3. When did the narrator have a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
4. How long would the men be able to talk by phone?
5. What did Burton and Ashley's rocket ships run into 48 hours ago?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)