|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When astronauts are ejected into space, how long does it take for the terror the men feel to dissipate?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
2. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
3. How old was Willie when he left Earth?
4. In "The Last Night of the World", what time do the girls go to bed?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 p.m.
5. When Captain Hart wants proof that the mayor's son was healed, what is he shown?
(a) A black and white print.
(b) An oil portrait.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A video.
6. In the "The Long Rain", how many men are walking in the rain?
7. What is Venus sometimes called?
8. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
9. After Doug's father dies, when do he and his mother eat breakfast?
(a) 3 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
10. How much money did Lespere gamble away one time?
11. What food is Hattie Johnson making when the news comes that a rocket is coming?
12. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) David Nickerson.
(b) Stan Willis.
(c) Brian Williams.
(d) Charles Nelson.
13. How many people does the Captain say he interviewed regarding the man?
(b) 3 dozen.
(d) A dozen.
14. What book did Father Peregrine write?
(a) "The Martians and Sin".
(b) "The Problem of Sin on Other Worlds".
(c) "Sin and Other Planets".
(d) "The Venusians and Sin".
15. How does Simmons die?
(a) Sitting on a rock with his head back, breathing the rain.
(c) Dragged into the sea by Venusians.
(d) Kills him himself with his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rock does a woman use to grind corn?
2. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
3. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
4. Which man will burn in Earth's atmosphere?
5. What is the name of the town on Mars?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)