|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When astronauts are ejected into space, how long does it take for the terror the men feel to dissipate?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
2. How many rockets does Captain Hart say were sent out?
3. What book did Father Peregrine write?
(a) "Sin and Other Planets".
(b) "The Problem of Sin on Other Worlds".
(c) "The Martians and Sin".
(d) "The Venusians and Sin".
4. What is the last vehicle that goes past Hernando on the highway?
(a) A rickety pickup.
(b) An ancient Ford.
(c) A battered Dodge.
(d) An old Chevy.
5. What does the woman have to turn off in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) An iron.
(b) The stove.
(c) A light.
6. What scent can the boy in "Rocket Man" smell from Mars on his father's uniform?
(b) Sulphur and fire.
(c) A milky scent.
(d) Green ivy.
7. What was the name of Willie's town on Earth?
(a) Columbus, Georgia.
(b) Fulton, Louisiana.
(c) Natchez, Mississippi.
(d) Greenwater, Alabama.
8. How does Simmons die?
(a) Kills him himself with his gun.
(c) Dragged into the sea by Venusians.
(d) Sitting on a rock with his head back, breathing the rain.
9. What does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" pour himself to drink at the beginning of the chapter?
10. Who tells the Captain not to pull rank?
11. How many wives does Lespere have?
12. How old is Doug?
13. What is the name of the rocket that will take the Fathers to Mars?
14. When Captain Hart wants proof that the mayor's son was healed, what is he shown?
(a) A black and white print.
(b) A video.
(c) A photograph.
(d) An oil portrait.
15. What color paint does Willie use to paint signs on the trolley cars?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
2. What do Doug and his parents have to drink the first evening that Father is home?
3. How much money did Lespere gamble away one time?
4. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
5. When did the narrator have a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)