|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body parts does Hollis lose to meteors?
(a) Left hand and right foot.
(b) Right toes and left fingers.
(c) Left arm and right leg.
(d) Right ear and left hand.
2. What are Hernando's shoes made from?
(a) An animal skin.
(b) A tire.
3. How long has Doug's father been going off into space?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 12 years.
4. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
(a) 12 feet high and 75 feet in diameter.
(b) 10 feet high and 200 feet in diameter.
(c) 20 feet high and 50 feet in diameter.
(d) 15 feet high and 100 feet in diameter.
5. How old is Doug?
6. What time does Captain Hart walk into the city accompanied by Lieutenant Martin and an assistant?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 1 p.m.
7. What are two girls playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Dress up.
(d) Pick-up sticks.
8. Doug's father buys tickets for a trip. Where do Doug and his parents go for a trip?
(a) Arizona and New Mexico.
(b) California and Mexico.
(c) Michigan and Canada.
(d) Florida and Georgia.
9. What scent can the boy in "Rocket Man" smell from Mars on his father's uniform?
(a) Sulphur and fire.
(b) A milky scent.
(c) Green ivy.
10. What are some of the cars that suddenly came rushing down the highway?
(a) Old battered vehicles.
(b) Red sports cars.
(c) Rusting sedans.
(d) Long and black cars.
11. How long would the men be able to talk by phone?
(a) About a half an hour.
(b) About an hour.
(c) Around 90 minutes.
(d) Around 40 minutes.
12. What is the last vehicle that goes past Hernando on the highway?
(a) An ancient Ford.
(b) An old Chevy.
(c) A rickety pickup.
(d) A battered Dodge.
13. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
14. What is the name of the rocket that will take the Fathers to Mars?
15. How old is Peter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the cars heading on the highway?
2. What does George find in the nursery forest?
3. When Captain Hart wants proof that the mayor's son was healed, what is he shown?
4. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
5. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)