|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator eat the afternoon he meets the Illustrated Man?
(a) Pork, beans, and a doughnut.
(b) Roast beef sandwich and a candy bar.
(c) Tuna, bread, and cake.
(d) Eggs, ham, and a muffin.
2. How many healing miracles were performed on the planet?
3. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
(a) 9 p.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
4. Where are the tattoos on the Illustrated Man's body?
(a) On his legs.
(b) On his face.
(c) On his arms.
(d) From his neck to his belt line.
5. What are some of the cars that suddenly came rushing down the highway?
(a) Old battered vehicles.
(b) Long and black cars.
(c) Rusting sedans.
(d) Red sports cars.
6. How large is the nursery?
(a) 60 feet across by 35 feet long and 30 feet high.
(b) 40 feet across by 40 feet long and 30 feet high.
(c) 75 feet across by 55 feet long and 40 feet high.
(d) 20 feet across by 20 feet long and 35 feet high.
7. Who comes to look at the nursery?
(a) Charles Wansor.
(b) David McClean.
(c) Alex Franklin.
(d) Bob Mitchell.
8. How long does the psychologist think it will take to make good children out of bad?
(a) A year.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
9. How many people does the Captain say he interviewed regarding the man?
(a) A dozen.
(d) 3 dozen.
10. What did Burton and Ashley's rocket ships run into 48 hours ago?
(a) Radiation storm.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) Solar flares.
(d) A cosmic storm.
11. What time does Captain Hart walk into the city accompanied by Lieutenant Martin and an assistant?
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 1 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
12. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) 2 hours.
13. How much money did Lespere gamble away one time?
14. How old is Peter?
15. Doug's father buys tickets for a trip. Where do Doug and his parents go for a trip?
(a) Michigan and Canada.
(b) California and Mexico.
(c) Arizona and New Mexico.
(d) Florida and Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Last Night of the World", what time do the girls go to bed?
2. What does the woman have to turn off in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. What did the children have for supper?
4. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
5. What does Stone compare meteors to?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)