|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the tattoo that changes to show the life of someone who spends time with the Illustrated Man?
(a) Right arm.
(b) Left arm.
(c) Right shoulder blade.
(d) Left shoulder blade.
2. What is the boat stored in when the men leave the Venusian body of water?
(a) Cigarette packet.
(b) A plastic sack.
(c) A waterproof pouch.
(d) A stuff sack.
3. In "The Rocket Man", what guides the boy and his mother around the house?
(a) Tiny robots.
(b) Glow sticks.
(c) Flying night lights.
(d) Electrical fireflies.
4. What kind of a tattoo is on the Illustrated Man's hand?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A rose.
(c) A daffodil.
(d) A tulip.
5. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
(a) Bird song.
(b) Children laughing.
(c) Lions roaring.
(d) A scream.
6. Where is George planning to take his family for a vacation?
7. What does the narrator in "The Last Night of the World" pour himself to drink at the beginning of the chapter?
8. How long would the men be able to talk by phone?
(a) Around 90 minutes.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) About an hour.
(d) Around 40 minutes.
9. How old is Doug?
10. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
11. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
(a) About a half an hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) An hour.
12. Where did the whites hang Willie's father?
(a) Whitlach Hill.
(b) Brynson Hill.
(c) Knockwood Hill.
(d) Blue Ridge Hill.
13. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
14. What is the date of the last night of the world?
(a) March 23, 1968.
(b) October 19, 1969.
(c) September 17, 1966.
(d) July 12, 1967.
15. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Simmons die?
2. In the "The Long Rain", how many men are walking in the rain?
3. How was Willie's mother killed?
4. How long does the psychologist think it will take to make good children out of bad?
5. In "The Last Night of the World", what time do the girls go to bed?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)