|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Doug's father been going off into space?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 8 years.
2. How old was the man when he was illustrated?
3. What type of lighting is in the room where two girls are playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Floor lamps.
(b) Green hurricane lamps.
(c) Ceiling lights.
(d) Table lamps.
4. What religious denomination does Father Peregrine belong to?
5. How many Sun Domes are on Venus?
6. How long does the psychologist think it will take to make good children out of bad?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) A year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
7. How many people are crammed in the last vehicle to drive past Hernando on the highway?
8. Where does Doug's father's rocket fall?
(a) Into the sun.
(b) On Mars.
(c) Into Saturn.
(d) On Venus.
9. When did the women dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 4 nights ago.
(b) The night before last.
(c) 3 nights ago.
(d) Last night.
10. Where does the captain end up when he floats off?
(a) In a meteor swarm.
(b) The moon.
(c) Toward the sun.
(d) Toward Pluto.
11. Where did the whites hang Willie's father?
(a) Knockwood Hill.
(b) Whitlach Hill.
(c) Brynson Hill.
(d) Blue Ridge Hill.
12. What does Captain Hart do when the mayor cannot tell him where the man went?
(a) Tears up the mayor's office.
(b) Storms back to the rocket.
(c) Tries to choke the mayor.
(d) Shoots the mayor.
13. What do Doug and his parents have to drink the first evening that Father is home?
(a) Sweet tea.
(c) Chocolate milk.
14. Which man will burn in Earth's atmosphere?
15. How many healing miracles were performed on the planet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
2. In the "The Long Rain", how many men are walking in the rain?
3. What is the driver wearing in the last car that goes past Hernando on the highway?
4. What is Venus sometimes called?
5. What does the narrator eat the afternoon he meets the Illustrated Man?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)