|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rockets does Captain Hart say were sent out?
2. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
(a) 20 feet high and 50 feet in diameter.
(b) 12 feet high and 75 feet in diameter.
(c) 15 feet high and 100 feet in diameter.
(d) 10 feet high and 200 feet in diameter.
3. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
4. What color hair do the girls have in "The Last Night of the World"?
5. When was Doug's father a boy?
6. What does Captain Hart do when the mayor cannot tell him where the man went?
(a) Shoots the mayor.
(b) Storms back to the rocket.
(c) Tries to choke the mayor.
(d) Tears up the mayor's office.
7. Where is the narrator walking when he meets the Illustrated Man?
8. What book did Father Peregrine write?
(a) "The Venusians and Sin".
(b) "Sin and Other Planets".
(c) "The Martians and Sin".
(d) "The Problem of Sin on Other Worlds".
9. Who does the mayor say broke a leg and was rescued by the blue lights?
(a) A miner
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A day laborer.
(d) A prospector.
10. From what country are many of the workers in First City?
(c) United States.
11. What holiday is Father Peregrine dreaming of as he thinks of his upcoming journey to Mars?
(d) 4th of July.
12. What is the last vehicle that goes past Hernando on the highway?
(a) An ancient Ford.
(b) A battered Dodge.
(c) A rickety pickup.
(d) An old Chevy.
13. What does George find in the nursery forest?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A gnawed bone.
(c) His old wallet.
(d) A torn blouse.
14. What did the unknown man heal on the mayor's son?
(a) Cleft palate.
(b) Withered arm.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Club foot.
15. Who does Captain Hart believe is behind the so-called miracles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shades does Doug buy his mother when she says it is too light to sleep?
2. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. Where is the tattoo that changes to show the life of someone who spends time with the Illustrated Man?
4. What are some of the cars that suddenly came rushing down the highway?
5. What is Venus sometimes called?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)