Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stone compare meteors to?
(a) A dust storm.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) Shooting stars.
2. What are the dimensions of a Sun Dome?
(a) 20 feet high and 50 feet in diameter.
(b) 15 feet high and 100 feet in diameter.
(c) 12 feet high and 75 feet in diameter.
(d) 10 feet high and 200 feet in diameter.
3. How much did the Happylife Home cost?
4. How long ago does Applegate say that he blackballed Hollis with the Rocket Company?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What time do the man and woman go to bed in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 11:30 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
6. What color paint does Willie use to paint signs on the trolley cars?
7. What does Lydia think she hears in the nursery?
(a) Lions roaring.
(b) A scream.
(c) Children laughing.
(d) Bird song.
8. At the beginning of "Rocket Man", what time does the boy go to bed?
(a) 9 p.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
9. Whose house does Hattie walk to while she asks the children to stay at home?
(a) The doctor's house.
(b) Amy Peters's house.
(c) The minister's house.
(d) Elizabeth Brown's house.
10. What does the narrator eat the afternoon he meets the Illustrated Man?
(a) Roast beef sandwich and a candy bar.
(b) Tuna, bread, and cake.
(c) Eggs, ham, and a muffin.
(d) Pork, beans, and a doughnut.
11. What religious denomination does Father Peregrine belong to?
12. At the beginning of "Highway", how long has it been since Hernando has seen a car on the road?
(a) About a half an hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) 2 hours.
13. Where did the whites hang Willie's father?
(a) Brynson Hill.
(b) Blue Ridge Hill.
(c) Whitlach Hill.
(d) Knockwood Hill.
14. Who tells the Captain not to pull rank?
15. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
(a) Charles Nelson.
(b) Stan Willis.
(c) Brian Williams.
(d) David Nickerson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George believe that the lions in the nursery have been eating?
2. Where are two girls playing in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. What crop is growing in the tilled mountain fields?
4. How many illustrations are on the Illustrated Man?
5. Who does Captain Hart believe is behind the so-called miracles?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)