|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children have for supper?
(a) Strawberry ice cream and hot dogs.
(b) Chocolate ice cream cones and hamburgers.
(c) Pizza and funnel cakes.
(d) Tacos and cotton candy.
2. What does George believe that the lions in the nursery have been eating?
(a) A baby hippo.
(b) Wild birds.
(c) A zebra or baby giraffe.
(d) A gazelle or a zebra.
3. What does the narrator eat the afternoon he meets the Illustrated Man?
(a) Eggs, ham, and a muffin.
(b) Tuna, bread, and cake.
(c) Roast beef sandwich and a candy bar.
(d) Pork, beans, and a doughnut.
4. Who killed Willie's father?
(a) Mr. Brown and Mr. Davis.
(b) Dr. Phillips and Mr. Burton.
(c) Mr. Halverson and Mr. Tedford.
(d) Dr. Andrews and Mr. Smith.
5. What does Captain Hart call the planet he has landed on?
(a) Planet 56 in Star System 1.
(b) Planet 12 in Star System 4.
(c) Planet 67 in Star System 2.
(d) Planet 43 in Star System 3.
6. How long does it take for a man to die when a Venusian drags him into the sea?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
7. From what do the blue light Martians rescue Father Peregrine and Father Stone?
(a) A lightning storm.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) Falling down a cliff
(d) A hail storm.
8. What do Doug and his parents have to drink the first evening that Father is home?
(a) Chocolate milk.
(b) Sweet tea.
9. How long has it been since a rocket has landed?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
10. In "The Last Night of the World", what time do the girls go to bed?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 p.m.
(c) 7:30 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
11. How old was the man when he was illustrated?
12. Where does Doug's father's rocket fall?
(a) On Mars.
(b) Into Saturn.
(c) Into the sun.
(d) On Venus.
13. What is the date of the last night of the world?
(a) July 12, 1967.
(b) March 23, 1968.
(c) October 19, 1969.
(d) September 17, 1966.
14. What did Burton and Ashley's rocket ships run into 48 hours ago?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) A cosmic storm.
(c) Solar flares.
(d) Radiation storm.
15. In what state was Father Peregrine's grandfather's home where they would light fire balloons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hernando and his wife use for a bowl?
2. Who else had a dream in "The Last Night of the World"?
3. What color ring is tattooed around the Illustrated Man's neck?
4. Who comes to look at the nursery?
5. What scent can the boy in "Rocket Man" smell from Mars on his father's uniform?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)