* While walking one afternoon, the narrator meets an unemployed carnival worker with tattoos all over his body.
* The man has not been able to keep a job for forty years, and he asks the narrator if he knows where he might be able to find a job.
* The two camp together that night.
* The Illustrated Man wishes he could remove the pictures from his body.
* The images predict the future, and at night they move.
* An old woman, that the Illustrated Man believes was a time traveler, put the pictures on him.
* The Illustrated Man would like to find the woman and kill her.
* The Illustrated Man tells the narrator that the tattoos tell a story at night, and one tattoo always tells the future of the one watching.
* When the Illustrated Man lies down, the narrator watches his tattoos.
* After a time, the...
This section contains 4,854 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)