|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a dream, according to Rumi, an _____________ in a garden of love reached out to call him forward.
(a) Old child.
(b) Old cook.
(c) Old woman.
(d) Old man.
2. The __________ of the world around Rumi will become his clothes and his jewels, according to the teachings of Rumi's teacher.
3. Rumi talks to the reader about the desired kiss as the _________ coming up into the lips of a person.
4. Barks points out the use of the word "_______" in one of the poems to be intended for the end of a vigil.
5. The __________ is the reason for the praying, according to Allah, as Rumi recollects in one of his poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poet asks a reader to imagine returning to the place from whence they came and imagine being greeted with _________.
2. Rumi speaks in the poem mentioned in #157 about a _________ bringing him back to this lost connection.
3. The poet describes himself as being someone who wants little and who needs only a _____________.
4. Rumi compares his soul to a drop in a spiritual _________ saying that it is always a certain season the human soul.
5. Then, according to Rumi, the student felt love and became the __________ cast by the light of the teacher.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Rumi says are a part of a friend of all things?
2. What does Barks say that openings are a place for, according to his commentary in this section?
3. What do the Sufis think about love and about its ability to help people, according to the book?
4. What does Rumi think that cow might experience when they are in Baghdad?
5. What does Rumi say that he doesn't regret in his life, according to one of his poems?
6. What does Barks ask a reader to do in relation to being in a state of spirituality?
7. What does Rumi have to say about the gamble of love and what does he urge the reader to do?
8. What does the fragrance bring back to Rumi, when he's lost a connection to a loved one, according to the poem?
9. What did the poet's teacher teach him to do, according to the writings of Rumi?
10. What are the differences that Rumi says do not exist in the garden of mystic lovers?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)