|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though the _________ tries to think and read to find his lover again, there is no help in it, he realizes.
2. What images in the book does Barks say reflect the idea of openings within the world and in the poems?
3. Rumi's poem begins by stating that this state of being is the only _______ of which he knows.
4. Bawa lived alone in a ________ before beginning to teach in Sri Lanka in the 1940s before moving to Philadelphia.
(b) Cave dwelling.
5. Rumi says that he does not regret love or passion, but owners everyone's __________, according to the writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is beauty in every meeting or gathering, the presence of _________, of 'the Friend' in one of Rumi's poems.
2. Barks compares humans talking about God to fish talking about the _________, in his commentary.
3. What season does Rumi say it always is within the human soul, according to his writing?
4. Rumi talks to the reader about the desired kiss as the _________ coming up into the lips of a person.
5. Barks talks in his commentary about the mysterious "________" in the poem, though he defines it differently.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the poet's teacher teach him to do, according to the writings of Rumi?
2. What are some of the things Rumi says are a part of a friend of all things?
3. What does Rumi try to do in order to find his lover again, according to the writings of Rumi?
4. What does Rumi tell the reader to do in order to start their own spiritual journey, like Moses or Joseph did?
5. How does Rumi describe the person named David in his writings and poems?
6. What are the three ways in which Rumi could write, according to Shams?
7. What are the differences that Rumi says do not exist in the garden of mystic lovers?
8. What does Rumi say that he doesn't regret in his life, according to one of his poems?
9. What does the fragrance bring back to Rumi, when he's lost a connection to a loved one, according to the poem?
10. What is essential in the windows of one heart to another, according to the writings of Rumi?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)