|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion, Into the Soup.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the beloved can be seen in everyday, according to Rumi, the ________ is a hindrance, one might say.
2. Rumi instructs us to "consider what the prophets have done. ______ wore fire for an anklet, Moses spoke to the sea."
3. The poet says the he would die into _______, as clouds might disappear into the sun, according to his writings.
(c) The moon.
4. Rumi compares daily spiritual practice to continuing to knock at a ___________ to eventually contact the joy inside.
5. The robe of the teacher creates _________, according to Rumi, and the teacher also creates new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the spiritual leader who is approached in order to see how a person might be coaxed into learning?
2. "Sufis adore the darkness of the deep night, like the blackness of the ______ cloth, when conversation with the divine is easiest."
3. Rumi notes there is only one search in the world: "___________ this world is wandering that..."
4. Rumi calls to the reader in the end to let the soul speak through the _________.
5. Rumi speaks in the poem mentioned in #157 about a _________ bringing him back to this lost connection.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)