|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion, Into the Soup.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poet quotes Muhammad in one of the poems, saying that he will come take a person before _________.
2. Love is more than an old study of _________, according to the writing of Rumi in this section.
3. Not doing the work God sent you for is the equivalent of "using a _____ bowl to cook turnips in.
4. The poet describes _________ appearing at the footsteps of his teacher, in one of his poems in this section.
(b) Gold pieces.
5. The poet asks the reader what caused a __________ to open and to consume them within their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barks writes in the commentary that Rumi was asked once why we wrote so much since he valued ___________.
2. The story of Joseph focuses on the loss of his _____ of many colors that has false blood on it to convince people of his death.
3. Rumi describes the journey a person must make as drinking ______ like water and eating sunset, in his poems.
4. Barks points out the use of the word "_______" in one of the poems to be intended for the end of a vigil.
5. The poet says the reader is what every religion intends, urging _______ from love and from weeping.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)