|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion, Into the Soup.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer continues to tell the reader to keep working, searching for __________ in the daily practice.
2. The poet asks a reader to imagine returning to the place from whence they came and imagine being greeted with _________.
3. A _______ asks a man who is calling to Allah whether he has ever gotten a reply and then chastises the person for continuing to pray.
4. The "___" is an illusion, according to Rumi, and this is why this part needs to be removed from the experience.
5. Who is the spiritual leader who is approached in order to see how a person might be coaxed into learning?
Short Answer Questions
1. The poet compares himself to a __________, stripped of its petals and of its leaves, within one of the poems.
2. _________, according to Rumi, will tend to accumulate while the real work is going on elsewhere.
3. Bawa's teachings not only encouraged Barks, but they also encouraged Barks to bring Rumi to ____________.
4. Rumi says that he does not regret love or passion, but owners everyone's __________, according to the writing.
5. What is NOT one of the ways in which Rumi writes, according to Barks in his commentary piece?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)